January 2017 Moms

Symptoms w/o 10/10:

1235»

Re: Symptoms w/o 10/10:

• @SquirrelGiggles83 I've definitely been feeling more emotional & moody too!

This past week since entering the third trimester has been rough for me. I just feel like this pregnancy is taking its toll on my body, both physically & emotionally now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is anyone having increasing anxiety as the pregnancy progresses? I'm so paranoid about movement. I feel the baby move consistently but sometimes she's punching me with all her might and other times it's just light taps. I've gone in to get checked out because of this already and everything was good but it's causing me so much stress! I know we're supposed to monitor it but I just don't know what's normal as a FTM. Though i guess every baby is different for this too...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @hayhay87 I think the best thing you can do is go with your gut. If you feel like something isn't right, call L&D and get their advice. Has your OB went over kick counts with you? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SquirrelGiggles83 My hormones and mood swings have been all over the place too! For me I think it's because in 10 weeks or less I'm going to have a newborn and a toddler (who is attached to my hip)  and I am totally freaking out about how I am going to balance that! 
  • @hayhay87 That's me too. I feel like he's pretty mellow and I've never really felt super strong kicks. I mean a few here and there but mostly just more rolling sensations. I've got an appt on Monday and will ask the doc then, but yeah I've been nervous too at times! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Every other night or so, the top of my bump KILLS! It's a spot the size of a lemon, and literally feels like someone is stabbing me. Tonight I had to succumb, and have DH do bath/bed time with the kids, so I could sit on the couch with a hot water bottle. Though it helps, having a hot water bottle near the baby makes me nervous for the baby. But nothing else helps! I think it's the condition where your absominal muscles separate. It's like I feel it happening real-time! Will bring it up in 3 weeks at my next appt, unless it gets worse, then may call. 
    I have this going on right now! It's like this intense sharp pain. It feels like someone is trying to tear my skin in one particular spot. Not fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • hayhay87 said:
    Is anyone having increasing anxiety as the pregnancy progresses? I'm so paranoid about movement. I feel the baby move consistently but sometimes she's punching me with all her might and other times it's just light taps. I've gone in to get checked out because of this already and everything was good but it's causing me so much stress! I know we're supposed to monitor it but I just don't know what's normal as a FTM. Though i guess every baby is different for this too...
    If you're feeling 10 taps, kicks, jabs within a 2 hour window once a day it should be okay. However, it is your body and if you aren't comfortable please call your OB and voice your concern!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @raquel87 - I think a big part of my moodiness is the anxiety and dealing with the impending changes. I'm not big on change as it is, and this is such a HUGE change that it's like I'm trying to cling to any little thing that I can control. 

@canavara  @kelseyh62 - It helps to know I'm not some crazy almost-3rd-tri-mom-to-be.... or that if I am then I'm not the only one! Haha.

@ThePax89 - Have they been as "swingy" in this pregnancy? 
  • @SquirrelGiggles83 it is definitely a big change, but it is one of the best changes you can have! It's hard to realize somethings are out of your control, as a mom I've had to come to terms with that more than I like. But you adapt and it is all worth it in the end! 
  • hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited October 2016
    @ashleysparkle720 I'm definitely getting that and more but I 100% am going to discuss it with my MW again at my appt on Wednesday. They gave me info when I went in to get checked out but they generally have the long movement chat at 28 weeks appt (which I've just hit). I've had a pretty anxiety inducing year so I think I'm just super prone to irrational nervous thinking  :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay87 when you're really active or on the go, it's harder to notice the baby's kicks (or the intensity of them) and/or your activity lulls them to sleep. I know I was told this a million times, but I've been on a beach vacay the past week and with all of the relaxing, holy kicks! Does he always kick this much or did he just go through a growth spurt!? I then realized aside from maybe an hour straight that I'm at my desk at work/day, i'm rarely quiet and sitting down in one place except at night before bed. Of course, inactivity isn't good in the long run, but a few days of relaxing really helped my anxieties!! 
  • Does anyone else have issues with sciatica? I experienced this about a month ago where I had severe back pain that ended up shooting down to my left leg. For 3 days I could not put any pressure on said leg at all with out crying out in pain. I went to the dr and they said it was sciatica. After a long day on my feet yesterday I woke up in the same pain and discomfort. Nothing seems to make the pain and numbing feeling go away! 
  • @newyearsbaby5 I'm actually on my babymoon too  :) . But it's been really active with lots of walking and eating! Funnily enough the most active baby has been was during my massage and the hour of downtime H and i had pre dinner last night. I think I'm just out of my routine. Also H pointed out I always start getting anxiety when I'm far away from my doctor... PREGNANCY PROBLEMZ.

Heading back tonight and will obviously contact Dr right away if movement decreases during a quiet evening when baby is usually punching me. Right now I'm sitting in a pub having an orange juice and feeling movements  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • rdh33rdh33 member
    edited October 2016
    @raquel87 I've had sciatic nerve pain (on and off) for about 20 years. And have definitely had it while pregnant. It's never been quite as bad as what you've experienced though--not being able to put any pressure on it for days. Yikes! Here are a few things that regularly work for me. However, I will say, my nerve pain always lasts for three days. I can get relief for a few hours, but... 95% of the time, when I get it, I know it'll be around for a few days. FX you don't have the same routine! 
    - baths (I usually make it really hot, but definitely keep it to just warm during pregnancy). Add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt while bath is filling.
    - certain stretches: legs up the wall, forward fold (standing and sitting), butterfly, a very modified and slow to enter pigeon pose. For all of these, you'll probably notice you're tighter than you usually are -- don't force it. Allow gravity or time to slowly make the stretch a little deeper. Hold for 5-10 minutes, if possible. Do as many times during the day as schedule allows. (There have been times I've spent most of the evening with my legs up a wall... just to get relief.) For the seated forward fold, put something underneath your bum  (that hits about halfway on, not a full seat) so that your hips are nice and elevated. If you have a strap or something to slowly pull you over, that can be nice, too. 
    - tiger balm or arancia cream applied to the hips and low back -- or even all the way down the leg. 
    - get someone to give you a nice massage! 

ETA: When you're in seated forward fold, keep your legs wide -- about 2-3' feet apart, or whatever is comfortable for you. Also, drink extra water. It always helps to stay hydrated.

I hope you get some relief!! I know how painful it can be. 
  • @rdh33 Thank you so much for your advice! I am deffinelty willing to try everything and anything at this point! I will be headed to target tonight to pick up some Epsom salt and tiger balm, I know as I get heavier the pressure on my back will just get worse! I am really sorry that you have to deal with this on a continual basis, just having it during pregnancy is horrible enough in itself!
  • Anyone else feel like they can't sit up right anymore? If I sit up right I feel like this baby is just completely stretched out with his feet in my ribs and his head pushing up against my cervix. It's so uncomfortable, and I feel like I struggle to catch my breath. If I'm reclined slightly it seems to take that pain/feeling away. I don't remember being this uncomfortable with my first until closer to the end. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @raquel87 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get some relief! Epsom salts are pretty much a lifesaver! 
  • @nolemomma14 omg yes. I feel like if I'm sitting upright for a long time then stand up she's about to fall out too. And same, I didn't feel this way until way closer to the end last time, I was going to ask my OB on Friday when I go if she feels low-ish to him because the only thing I can figure is that she is just chilling out way lower than my last baby did.  
  • @katesmama0706 I'm curious to hear what your OB has to say on the head positioning. On the ultrasound yesterday, we were able to see he was head down and it seemed as though his head was right against my shortened cervix. The tech asked if I felt any pressure. I was like no but now I feel like I should notice it! He looks like he's about to fall out! But she said it was all normal. It's so strange how everything feels so different. 
  • @katesmama0706 that is exactly how it feels!  I keep telling DH that one of these days I will go to the bathroom and he will just fall out. I have an appt next Wednesday and will definitely be asking my dr about it. With my first, he was breeched or transverse the majority of the pregnancy and it wasn't until around 32-34 weeks that he turned head down and I noticed more pain while sitting. He also was never very low. Even when I was in labor I got to 10cm and they had me turn side to side for almost 2 hours to try and get him to come down because he was still pretty high up. 

Crazy how different the pregnancies can be. Curious to see what your OB says about the baby's positioning!
  • OMG is anyone else having insane nipple pain if you get cold at all? If my nipples become erect at all, it feels like someone is holding a lighter to them. It's the worst and I did not have this last time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok - this is bit gross so I'm sorry  - I know a little bit of diarrhea is normal in 3rd tri - but when do you call your doctor about it? I'm going on day two and I'm making sure to drink even more water than I do to combat any dehydration. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @emy730 yes! They've been so sensitive to cold for months! Like really hurt. 

@ceclarlinetlo I had a few bad bouts of diarrhea last pregnancy. I called after two days and they said to come in for IV fluids after 3 days. I did end up having to go in. Maybe give a call?
  • Those of you suffering from symphysis pubis dysfunction or pelvic girdle pain, have you found any relief? I've been in pain since week 17 and started seeing a chiropractor around 22 weeks (29 weeks now) and I haven't had any improvement. I do have a few problems that probably exacerbate the issue- tailbone trauma from last delivery and joint hypermibility. I'm just in so much pain!
  • @underthesea no experience with that specifically but I wonder if kinesiology taping would help any? My mom has had multiple leg surgeries over the years and deals with severe chronic pain - she doesn't like taking any narcotics unless it's absolutely necessary and she has got a good bit of relief from seeing a physical therapist who does kinesiology taping. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @ceclarlinetlo that's a good suggestion! I did have some kinesiology tape done on my tailbone (before I was pregnant this time around) and I do remember it helped a bit. 
  • @emy730 yes! I can't even walk through the produce section in the supermarket, they hurt for at least 20 minutes afterwards!
  • So I wouldn't say I have insomnia, but I definitely have been up the past two nights for extended times because LO has developed a nightly hiccuping habit. Especially now that he turned, they're so low in my hip, it's such a strange sensation. I know they're normal and we just left the hospital where we had an ultrasound, so everything should be fine. I just feel so bad for him! 
  • @ceclarlinetlo Bit late replying and hopefully you're not still experiencing it(!) but I was told if you have diarrhea for more than 1-2 days to contact your OB/MW, mostly because of the dehydration.
  • So I am not seeing a symptoms thread anywhere else.... and I know I'm NOT a frequent poster here so you all can ignore me- but I decided to stop being lazy and took a walk today at lunch and now I feel an awkward pressure and tightening at the bottom of my stomach- don't remember this with dd1 but I was more active- so you think it's just BH or RLP? 
  • So I am not seeing a symptoms thread anywhere else.... and I know I'm NOT a frequent poster here so you all can ignore me- but I decided to stop being lazy and took a walk today at lunch and now I feel an awkward pressure and tightening at the bottom of my stomach- don't remember this with dd1 but I was more active- so you think it's just BH or RLP? 
    My thought is probably BH, but as long as it's not painful or happening more than 4 times/hour, it shouldn't be anything to worry about :)
  • @karaelaine1991 it's weird... it's almost more of a constant feeling that anything that cycles. Maybe it's just gas.  Baby has been moving A LOT and I wonder if she has caused some gas or bloating as a result 
    @emilyn2012
    Pretty sure that's BH. I have been getting them regularly the last few weeks when I get real active. Or if I'm sitting for awhile and walk too fast afterward, etc. It's like a really tight and hard feeling in my lower abdomen. My MW told me it's just from being active, if they start happening repeatedly and get strong then to sit down for awhile or take a warm bath.
     We talked about this a few weeks back on the symptoms thread, but I have no idea which thread. Otherwise I would link to it for you. Lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @raquel87 how are you feeling? Any relief from that terrible sciatic pain yet? 
  • @christac1010 @nolemomma14 so I asked my OB about it today and he kinda laughed and was like "yeah she's probably just hanging out kinda low" then gave some explanation about pregnancy variation from pregnancy to pregnancy even in the same mom and how it probably has something to do with how closely spaced my pregnancies are. It made sense to me and really was pretty much what I was thinking it was (plus normal is always good to hear) but didn't really make me feel any better since he wasn't like "here's a way to make it feel better" 
  • @katesmama0706 don't you love when the explanation is pretty much what you thought and there's really nothing to do expect "oh yeah, just part of pregnancy" lol. Glad to hear it's normal though! Hopefully a low baby will mean a quicker labor!? One can hope!
  • @rdh33 yes thank God! At the very least I have been able to walk through it! The Epsom salt baths are nice and help! Getting my toddler to leave me alone during it not so much lol! Admittedy I am not a very flexible person and with my back pain I have had no strength in my back hardly at all.That being said 2 days ago I tried to stretch with my legs in the air against the wall and me laying on the floor. It helped release the pressure, however I got stuck and couldn't get my big pregnant self up off the floor. It took about 5 mins of me rolling around and my boys cracking up at me before I was able to get up! Thanks for checking up on me!  
  • @raquel87 that's so good to hear! Oh yes -- I'm having more trouble getting myself off the floor, too. FX it doesn't come back!! 
  • So pregnancy insomnia has arrived. I wake up every time I need to roll over and then sometimes stare at the ceiling for an hour. This does not bode well for my mood.