Options

Monday Bitchfest 10/10

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 10/10

• Options
    SquirtgunSquirtgun member
    edited October 2016
    @FatPony I saw this comment on an article on FB just now: 

is it true? Are you made of magic and rainbows? Is Justin Trudeau really as amazing as he seems? Or is it a Canadian plot to make the rest of us jealous?  So many questions!   
    (Note that I don't know the person who made this comment, it was on a public article. And I'm not saying I agree with her 100% at all. Except that obviously all of you Canadians are magical rainbows. Your babies will probably all be sparkling unicorns.) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally am not a Trudeau fan, although he is boosting mat leave to 18 months (it's currently 12 months). Yes, 18 months of job-protected, ei leave. Once you've worked enough hours you qualify for mat leave EI. I'm at the top of the bracket; I get 2K a month from the federal government (just came off a mat leave). So yes, Canada can be a magical place in some aspects! 
  • Options
    @FatPony <<dreaming of time with a little babe and not worrying about job security>>... surely that's a huge help to a lot of families!
  • Options
    @FatPony I'm Canadian and married an American and moved to NY 2 years ago. I am now pregnant and am extremely sad about the mat leave policies here. What I wouldn't do to have a baby for FREE in Canada and have at least a year off the be with him/her.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's totally not Monday anymore, but the craziest thing just happened to my friend on facebook. A guy said to her, in response to how continuing an unwanted pregnancy places an unequal burden on women, "oh and by the way... who cares if your hips got a little bigger or you gained a few pounds because you delivered a beautiful young girl... I was always taught beauty is in the inside not the outside." What what?! If an increase in hip size was the only symptom of pregnancy that would be AHmazing! But sorry, it doesn't crack my top 300 complains about pregnancy, labor, delivery, and post-partum. (By the way, this is not a post complaining about people who are pro-life, which is a perfectly noble stance to have. It is a post complaining about a man completely dismissing and mocking the very real struggles and burdens of women.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @kat81 Some guys truly are idiots. And they don't even realize it. Which makes it more frustrating!
  • Options
    kat81, what the?? It's incredible to me how little some men understand about the challenges of pregnancy. 

On a similar note, I was talking to a co-worker (male) who knows I am pregnant yesterday and he said "You look like you've lost weight! You should get pregnant more often!"...I know it was a compliment (in a very weird way), but my constant nausea resulting in restricted caloric intake is nothing to applaud. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Kipperoo - I would've barfed on him
  • Options
    I know it's not Monday, but I threw up in my car this morning. fun.fun. (I had a plastic bag)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kiperoo that's kinda crazy. I'm sure he thought he was giving you a compliment? I'll go with that. 

I've visibly lost weight as well and I actually made that joke today - "if only I had known that getting knocked up I'd lose this much this fast, I might have done it sooner!" But so not worth it!!!