Trouble TTC
Options

New girl...everyone around me is pregnant. . (Child mentioned)

I have been trying for baby #2 for almost a year. I'm 34. I have a 4 yr old daughter and got pregnant on the first try with her. I'm doing all I can think of to conceive and obviously nothing is working. I do believe I have some ovarian cysts because I have the symptoms. I just made an appointment with my ob to see what's up. Maybe she can shed some light. I'm posting today because I need support...i work with my sister and best friend and they know how hard I'm trying and every month they're either there when I take a test or hear about it the next day at work. Well turns out they're both pregnant now. My friend got pregnant accidentally and my sister just told me last night and she had been keeping quiet for three months to spare my feelings in the hopes that I would soon be pregnant. I'm so happy for her but at the same time, why can't I stop crying? Anyone been through this before? I'm just so sad. Excited but deeply saddened. And all this time we have been talking about my struggle and my attempts and she's been pregnant the whole time. Everyone I eat lunch with at work is now pregnant. I feel alone and discouraged and confused and frustrated.

Re: New girl...everyone around me is pregnant. . (Child mentioned)

• Options
    @whenwillieversleep I am sorry you find yourself here but glad you joined us.  This board is a great source of support and comfort.  Every woman here has felt what you are feeling right now.

My DH and I are now on month 18 of TTC our first and in that time, a ridiculous amount of people (I'm talking probably close to in the dozen range total) I know have become pregnant.  In fact, I have 3 people at work who had babies while we were trying to conceive and are pregnant again...all three of which were accidental on both pregnancies.  It's enough to drive anyone crazy.

It is hard, but know that you are not alone.  Just talking about it and knowing that other people understand how you are feeling helps a great deal.  *hugs*
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    We got pregnant on our first try with our daughter too. We got a lot of tests done and now are doing iui at a great, supportive clinic. I thought it would be too much to deal with. No positive yet, but the process has been manageable. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @whenwillieversleep - Welcome! I totally get the"everyone else is pregnant but me" feeling.

We have been trying for our first for a year and a half and seriously, so many of my Facebook have announced and already had their kiddos while we are still trying to just get a positive OPK. A few months ago, I had a tough day and it got topped off by my lesbian friends announcing their pregnancy. So happy for them but wow.

Hang in there. :)
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• Options
    Hello & welcome!! Your feelings are totally normal.  I've struggled for 3+ yrs with infertility and everyone I know has multiple children. You want to feel happy for them but for some reason our hormones make it hard on us which completely sucks. I wish I had some magic advice for you but unfortunately you just have to get through one day at a time.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    Girl, this is the place for those feelings you're having!!!!!!!! :smile: I wish you didn't have to be here but seriously this is the best group!!!!!!

My husband and I have been TTC our first child for a year now, I was able to get a quick diagnosis (PCOS) and start seeing an RE right away.  Meanwhile, my BFF has had a baby, all of my friends in the neighborhood have either had babies or are pregnant, and I actually am suspicious that my sister might be pregnant and hiding it because of me...

It's so hard.  I'm so so so so happy for them but UGH!  It's hard.  No way around it.  But these girls have helped me every single day and they'll help you, too!  Love to you!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)