February 2017 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 10/10

edited October 2016 in February 2017 Moms
It's 2nd Tri, food is (mostly) good again... what are you craving this week?
Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 10/10

• Options
    Mozzarella sticks.....meatball grinders....salads....ice cold lemon water even though it is about 45 degrees out, but I did drink a ton of tea with lemon and honey all weekend trying to battle this awful cold/sinus infection I have. It seems to be subsiding for the most part...still have an icky cough though. I also had some cadberry cream eggs b/c they are awesome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tishb We're having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner tonight, too! I've had a hankering ever since we talked so much about cheese here last week. I bought some amazing sourdough bread and special cheeses (dill havarti and caramelized onion cheddar) just for the occasion...and now I am kind of drooling a little at my desk.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    I had mozzarella sticks Friday night at a local pizza place. They were so yummy!! I have been eating everything unhealthy lately. This morning was a donut from the best donut place in my area. I was at an event this weekend that took place on the same street as the shop so I felt like it was just a good reason for me to stop in and grab a few. 
  • Options
    I'm trying to balance things out today after the endless restaurant meals, so I made myself a massive salad with grilled chicken for lunch at the salad bar. Hopefully it sticks with me!
  • Options
    Chicken & dumpling soup with half a veggie sandwich (but, a really delicious one... even before the ban on deli meat, it's what I usually ordered from this place).  Plus, salt & pepper kettle cooked chips.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I made a curried butternut squash tart that came out super tasty last night. I'm enjoying the leftovers now along with an espresso cheesecake brownie. Almost makes up for having to work today. Almost. 
  • Options
    @MrsDramaK I'm sorry you forgot the delicious lunch you made, but tacos sound amazing, so...I think you're still coming out ahead. And now you have lunch already made for tomorrow!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    Meatball sub with cheese, peppers, onions, pickles, and spinach :) for lunch today
  • Options
    I had a roast beef in the slow cooker & had veg potatoes & gravy with it. It was so nice!
  • Options
    Eggs Benedict, cottage cheese, and a milkshake.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tomato soup and Carmellos. I woke up the other morning and couldn't eat anything else until I'd had macaroni and cheese.
  • Options
    Tomato soup and Carmellos. I woke up the other morning and couldn't eat anything else until I'd had macaroni and cheese.
    I REALLY want macaroni and cheese.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bacon, eggs, and toast for lunch today. I really wanted something breakfasty today. I've been forcing myself to buy fruit on my breaks at work just because I feel my diet has been so unhealthy lately, I've really been going after the salty stuff.
  • Options
    feelingjovanifeelingjovani member
    edited October 2016
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just had a turkey sub from subway after such a long time!! First time eating deli meat this pregnancy. 

• Options
    I am getting a consolation cheeseburger tonight, due to the stupid prospective tenants. At least one good thing will come from me driving across town!
  • Options
    I had tuna salad and brussel sprouts. That sounds so gross now that I said it outloud. I need to redeem myself with some ice cream 
  • Options
    Last night we had mac n' cheese with a huge salad-- I'm craving all the cheese!
  • Options
    I threw chili in the crockpot yesterday morning.  When DH said he was on his way home, I threw rice in the rice cooker.  A night without cooking...  And, still a reasonably healthy and tasty dinner?  Win!  Plus, I have tons of leftovers.

Note to self: I need to start making a list of easy things like this that I might be able to do in the first few weeks at home with LO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MLRocha said:
    I threw chili in the crockpot yesterday morning.  When DH said he was on his way home, I threw rice in the rice cooker.  A night without cooking...  And, still a reasonably healthy and tasty dinner?  Win!  Plus, I have tons of leftovers.

Note to self: I need to start making a list of easy things like this that I might be able to do in the first few weeks at home with LO.
    I have an easy Buffalo Chicken recipe, It's Chicken breasts, buffalo sauce, ranch powder and butter.  You throw it all in a crock pot.  I usually just bake a couple potatoes and steam frozen broccoli so dinner's ready in no time!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MLRocha +1 on the Chili Train. My hubby put it in the crock pot early this morning. I found the recipe online and it's our first time trying it out so I'm hoping it won't disappoint :)
  • Options
    Baked mac and cheese with andouille sausage and topped with bread crumbs. Also had a grilled cheese for "second" lunch. Cheese cheese cheese!
  • Options
    lfrank12 said:
    Baked mac and cheese with andouille sausage and topped with bread crumbs. Also had a grilled cheese for "second" lunch. Cheese cheese cheese!
    Send me some please!
  • Options
    Cookie dough cheesecake.  Nuff said.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm kind of proud of myself. I made a 7oz bag of skittles last me 3 days! My goal was 5 days but normally I plan on making it last a couple days and it's gone in a day so I'm counting this as a win...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Just got back from a sub taste test (at work) where I got to try three different sandwiches...  They were so yummy and I'm so happy.  Perfect mid-afternoon snack.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Fun sized Milky Ways. Thanks Halloween.
  • Options
    Tonight it's pot roast, with roasted potatoes, greens beans, and corn on the cob. But, I'm considering replacing the potatoes with cheesy rice.
  • Options
    homemake said:
    Me and my kid are pretzel diving. It's where you have a giant tub of pretzels and you leave it open on the floor and eat out of it with no end in sight.

We should probably stop because dinner but I can't.
    Is this really a thing? I'm so confused.  Can't tell if you're joking. 

• Options
    Man you ladies are having some good dinners tonight. I'm lazy so I asked H to bring home Chinese. Lo mein and crab Rangoon for me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker