BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC*!!! 10/7

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot my work computer at home, so I emailed my boss and told her I was going to work from home today to focus on grant writing (which is allowed). 
    But are you GOING TO?

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I forgot my work computer at home, so I emailed my boss and told her I was going to work from home today to focus on grant writing (which is allowed). 
    But are you GOING TO?
    Well...a little from Column A, a little from Column B ;)
  • Options
    My confession: On Tuesday night I got maybe 4.5 hours of sleep, and Wednesday was a rather important, 12 hr day at work on my project. I had 376 mg of caffeine. #someragrets
    I can second you on this. I'm pretty sure I've gone over 200 mg a few times in recent weeks. It's hard to be 100% sure since we make our own at home and H and I make it differently. From my research I'm confident that it won't cause any trouble but I still try to stay under that magical arbitrary limit.
  • Options
    My MIL has been annoying the bajesus out of me this entire pregnancy. She's not even doing anything that bad, I just can't stand her right now. Luckily she lives 12 hours away.
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • Options
    homemake said:
    @BumpasaurusRex Weirdly, our relationship isn't as bad as you would think for someone who can't stand their mom. I just can't stand her as a person. Most people who come into contact with her feel the same. She's like that rude as hell woman yelling at the lady at the return desk because they won't take back the shirt she bought 6 years ago that she has no receipt for. That's her personality 24/7. Its just hard to be around her.

Seeing as how I'm the opposite of her especially in personality , I have high hopes for my kids liking me more but it still always at the back of my mind.
    Are we sisters? I have that same mom! :#
  • Options
    +1 for the mom relationship. 

It seems to be a trend on my mother's side. Single moms either due to relationship issues, or being widowed. They would find a new beau to fill the void and then neglect the child and focus in their new family. I've had years of heartache with my mom disappointing me, but I've learned a lot from it. I've always been more like my Dad & Stepmom, but never moved in with them because my mom would guilt trip me into staying. When I moved cross country at 20, we finally were able to make strides in our relationship, but it's not perfect. I've accepted who she is and love her because I know she does love me- quirks and all. I can only hope to use what I've learned from her patterns and the patterns of her family to not make the same mistakes. It's a huge topic me and my H discuss and I'm so glad he understands and is supportive. Part of me is relieved I'll have two boys to break the cycle, but the other part of me wants a girl to have the relationship I never had.
  • Options
    lemieuxk said:
    Not to shift away from the mom topic, but my FFFC is that I ate a breakfast sandwich AND four donut holes for breakfast this morning. And a latte. But the latte was decaf so I felt I deserved double breakfast. 
    What I would give for donuts. 
  • Options
    Ah, mom problems. I love my mom dearly, but if I spend more than an hour with her, she annoys this SHIT out of me. She has good intentions, but she gets stressed out REALLY easily over stupid shit, and she makes stuff up. That's actually an ongoing joke among me and my sisters, that Mom knows everything before anyone else - like she KNEW I was pregnant before I told her, and then she KNEW my sister was pregnant a month later, before she told her. No you didn't, mom. Hell, she has even admitted that she makes stuff up, and that she knows WE know, and she appreciates that we humor her. It's all very strange, but that's how she's been for a long time.

To be fair, she was an excellent mother to all of us when we were really young, though a little more detached as we got older. She had a horrendous relationship with her own mom (who was verbally and physically abusive), so sometimes I think she just has the emotional maturity of a 12 year-old. She's super funny though, and we have the same sense of humor, but more than an hour with her is too damn much. We like to go thrift shopping every couple of weeks, which is perfect - we drive to the thrift store and chat, then wander around separately, and then get back in the car and go home. Maybe stop for coffee on the way.

**Possible TW?**
    She is also the last person any of us siblings tell about problems, because she cannot handle stress, at all. Like, one of my sisters had to have an emergency c-section at 26 weeks - she had severe preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome. Baby is doing okay (she's at 34 weeks gestational age and up to 4lbs now), but the other day she had a serious breathing episode that scared the shit out of my sister, and my sister thought the baby was going to die (it ended up being an isolated incident and she is completely fine now). She texted me, one of my other sisters, and my dad to tell us what happened, but said she wasn't going to tell mom because she can't handle trying to calm her down. It kind of sucks having to shelter her from life, but it is what it is.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    also I'm wearing a flannel and birkenstocks. 
    NO. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry for the mom issues. Please dont feel guilty for taking the time/space you need to be healthy.

My mom and I have a great relationship but she is awful to my H. She doesn't like his family, judges him harshly and takes everything he does personally. She is also insisting that we give our baby a family name. Then she says that if we don't it's okay and then blames my husband when we are leaning towards non-family names! *sigh*

My MIL did a lot of things that i view as abusive to my H but he doesn't view it that way. Like, everytime he farted as a child she hit his butt with a wooden spoon until he went into the bathroom. She hit him so often they have a "funny story" about how they were cleaning his room and found all the wooden spoons that had gone missing. I was spanked as a kid too, even with a wooden spoon, but my parents never thought that was an appropriate punishment for a FART ffs.

She is also self centered, flighty, anxious and an alcoholic. Fun.
  • Options
    Oh, moms. I love her dearly, but she has so many little traits that irritate the crap out of me. Each one by themselves is fine, but she spent last month with us in our apartment and by the third week we were all just ready to go back to seeing each other once a month or so.

I won't get into her "helpful" tips with DD. Every milestone that we didn't hit early (so all of them, also, DD was a super late talker) was obviously my fault because of something I did too much/not enough...sigh.

She keeps recycling the same.damn.anecdotes. Lady, you're 70. I have heard them all. Like, I have not heard a new one since like 2012. And she has lived a super interesting life! There has to be more to tell than "remember that time when your dad chased the Jehova's Witnesses off our lawn" (told 3 times this year already)?

Oh, and for a super über feminist she is PAINFULLY anti-muslim. I cringe when she launches into another hijab tirade. I told her I don't need to hear that, because it's unfairly generalizing and inaccurate. Didn't help.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    also I'm wearing a flannel and birkenstocks. 
    NO. 
    I'm trending man :P
  • Options
    I made some migas for breakfast, but now I'm wishing I could've also had a latte and donuts to follow.

im currently watching food network and feeling totally inspired to cook some awesome food this weekend.. but the grocery store is sooooo farrr. 
  • Options
    I made some migas for breakfast, but now I'm wishing I could've also had a latte and donuts to follow.

im currently watching food network and feeling totally inspired to cook some awesome food this weekend.. but the grocery store is sooooo farrr. 
    Migas and a latte sounds amazing...  Maybe I can convince my DH to make some this weekend (b/c my tortillas never turn out crunchy enough).
    Pregnancy Ticker