January 2017 Moms
Options

I just had my first scare.

Let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Jesenia, but you can call me Jess if you have trouble pronouncing it. I'm a high school graduate. I graduated the 27th of May this year and my prom was held a few weeks before that. I had spent prom night with my SO and long story short, I got pregnant. However, because I have extremely irregular periods, I didn't know I was pregnant for quite some time. And I associated all of the stress with getting ready to graduate with why my period was late. It wasn't until I went on vacation in July to see my grandparents in Mexico that I started suspecting. When I got back in early August, I went out on a shopping date with my best friend before she could go off to college. Now, she's one of seven siblings (the youngest being a year old) and so she knows a pregnant woman when she sees one. She suggested that I was pregnant because I had tried on a dress that was my regular size and it was actually too big. She asked why I had lost weight and I told her I had lost weight after we graduated. There's a lot of stuff that occurred in the last few weeks of school including losing about 80% of my friends and letting people go and out of my life. I basically cleansed myself of the people who were a bad influence on me. A lot of these people were people who constantly made me fall to temptations including alcohol and all kinds of reckless activity. So really, it was for the best, but of course I was still really bummed out about it. I just really didn't feel like doing much and had currently quit my job that I had had since I was 15. I quit because again, I was stressed out over finals and such and balancing studying, work, family, and my social life was just too much. I have a history of depression and drug abuse that my parents have no idea about because I never came out about it. I just stepped out and got a hold of myself and found myself some help. I was proud of my strength, but I am in constant worry that I will fall back into depression. I remember I even called my psychologist and asked her if I could be going back into it in June. She analyzed everything and said I wasn't depressed seeing as despite losing my job and some friends, I still had a positive outlook on my future. So anyway, back to the day I went out with my friend, I told her that in June I had thought I had been going back into depression (she's one of the two people that know about my past). After I told her, she asked how long had it been since my last period. I told her that I hadn't had one since April. And immediately she decided I was pregnant. I told her I had suspected it so she made me get a pregnancy test on the way home at a Walgreens and I ended up buying and taking 10 in the restroom of the pharmacy because she was too excited to wait. All turned out positive and she was absolutely excited for me. I didn't really grasp what being pregnant meant for me from then on out. I told my SO later on that day and he was nothing but happy. He always talked about having kids with me and getting married. He's extremely mature. He's 23 but he lost his father at a very young age and was forcefully brought to the U.S. at the age of 14 without any of his family. He was raised by women so he has an amazing amount of respect for women and sees them as angels and miracles. So me being pregnant only made him love me that much more. It didn't really hit me that I was pregnant until my right breast started leaking out of no where. I COMPLETELY freaked out and searched it immediately to find that it was completely normal. I remember I cried of joy and finally realized I was going to be a mommy. Then at 18 weeks I felt the first signs of the "quickening" stage. Before that I had been searching for information on when I would feel my baby kick and what it would feel like. I remember how frustrated I was when I would wonder what it would feel like and how I would know I was feeling my child and finding mothers saying that I would "just know". Now I completely understand. Fast forward to the present and the whole reason for me writing this. It's about 4 in the morning and I'm awake writing this because I went up to go to the restroom and when I came back, in the dim lighting of my fish aquarium in the room, I saw a spot on the edge of my bed. I flicked my lights on and saw it was a single drop of fresh blood. My eyes filled with tears and I ran to the bathroom again and checked my panties and wiped myself. It's completely clean even though I already knew it would be. I've been monitoring my urine color because a few weeks ago my urine was beginning to look extremely dark due to me not getting enough water. I've been drinking so much water and now my urine is crystal clear like it was before I got pregnant. So I know when I wiped it had been clean. After this, I checked my body for any scratches or wounds that could have been the source of this blood. I have nothing on me and my baby is happily kicking away. Now, I'm just absolutely terrified because it doesn't look like blood you would smear on the bed from leakage during a period or an open wound. It literally looks like it dropped from a good distance high up because it's not smeared and there's a bit of spatter. I'm trying to use what I learned in forensics to determine at what angle the blood fell from to distract myself from the main question: where the heck did this blood come from in the first place? I'm so horrified. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of this clown stuff going around. I live in an area where you could say it all began. I have a deep phobia of clowns so I've been stressed. I have a Galaxy S6 and as you might know, it measures heart rate and stress. I checked it earlier today and it was moderately high after I had gone for a walk for reduce it. I checked it once more after this incident and it's at 100%. I'm going to talk to my psychologist about this, but I'm not really worried about my baby. Again, he is currently having a boxing match with my insides right now. So, yeah. That was my crazy introduction into this forum. Hahaha. Congratulations to all of my soon to be mommies out there. My baby will be due around January 28th, 2017. I don't know the sex. It's a surprise, but I keep thinking "boy". My SO is just super excited and calls me every morning knowing that I'm up because our baby wakes up to demand that I eat. I swear, I'm so grateful for him because he makes me feel motivated to eat my healthiest for our baby. Every night when he calls me again, he'll ask what greens I ate and how much water I consumed and if I had any protein. I'd be lost if it weren't for him. I swear, he knows more about pregnancy than I do. Before this, I knew NOTHING. No one ever told me that my breasts would leak and I'd get a dark line running from my pelvis to my belly button. I meant everyone talks about breast pain and morning sickness and cravings, but it's these small things that no one really talks about that I've learned the hard way. I'm so young and am constantly criticized on all kinds of forums online, but I can't bring myself to regret anything. I may not have gotten pregnant on purpose, but I cannot call my baby a "mistake". He's a blessing and only the first chapter in my adult life. I'm so excited to be a mother. The people I've chosen to tell are just blown on away because they say they know older first time mothers that are constantly worrying. And here I am, 100% calm and happy. The only thing I worry about is labor or complications. Other than that, I'm okay. I know it may seem like I'm a fool for thinking that everything will be okay. But I believe it in my heart. I never said it it's going to be easy. I know I will struggle and it might be YEARS until I get to go to college, but I'm determined to become successful. If there are any mothers out there who'd like to give me advice, feel free. I welcome it 100%. Thanks for listening and maybe someone could tell me where this drop of blood came from. It's still playing in the back of my mind and scaring me. It's definitely not from me. 

Re: I just had my first scare.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What. the. hell.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Um.... call your ob??? 
  • Options
    Well that was a good first read of the day....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • Options
    So many questions about this I don't even know where to begin.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jessolalde I read this post and also your intro. I'm due 1/30 (although I'm on the February board because that's when my EDD was at the beginning) so I'm not sure how you've hidden it from your parents at this point. I know everyone is different but I've been sick, tired, and I'm definitely showing. I really hope that you've seen a doctor and if you haven't that you do very soon!! I'm glad your SO is excited and wanting you to take care of yourself but if you haven't had any prenatal care then you're not taking care of yourself fully. I hope you stick around and participate because TB is awesome and you can learn so much from the other ladies!!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I really didn't see it leading to clowns...

This thread has been the highlights of my day.  

And I agree- see a doctor, start taking vitamins and I'm fairly sure the clowns aren't after you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It was probably that clown i heard about on the news that has a pregnancy fettish. He was probably standing over you watching you sleep at night and developed a bloody nose because of his allergies. I hear he is very allergic to crazy people. 
  • Options
    Just got home from the longest day at work after very little sleep. My brain officially really hurts. But all the GIFs made me seriously laugh at loud. I can't even. 
  • Options
    Wow. 

1) You are probably a troll as you haven't even come back to your own post. But anyway.

2) you should know that, if you belong to other forums, you shouldn't just stroll into an established community and ask for such awkward support.  Introduce your self.. get acquainted give support and you will get support.

3) This DROP of blood? who the hell knows.  You probably had a nose bleed and it's from that.  I would doubt if you were wearing underwear, that you would see a DROP of blood on your sheets. It would be in your underwear.  I have had bright red vaginal bleeding during my pregnancy some women just bleed for unknown reasons. Sometimes I bleed for a short period of time, but pretty heavy, nothing ever made it to my sheets so if your story is true, you're probably fine.  But see your doctor.

4) Have you seen a doctor since you realized you were pregnant?  

5) I don't even know what to say about your clown phobia. But damn girl, that post was a crazy train.  I can't believe you (presumably troll) took the time to go on and on about nothing.  

I mean seriously Wow. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    MrsRahlMrsRahl member
    edited October 2016
    Maybe the unpopular opinion, but...

Hi Jess! Welcome! I hope the board didn't scare you off as this place can be a great support system. You may not know, but posting a thread without being active first is frowned upon, but I am so happy for you that you are so excited about your baby! If you haven't please go see your obgyn, as none of us can for sure tell you what that blood could be. Chances are it is nothing. Hope to see you on another thread
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    *sniff sniff*

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    hayhay87 said:

I really didn't see it leading to clowns...

This thread has been the highlights of my day.  

And I agree- see a doctor, start taking vitamins and I'm fairly sure the clowns aren't after you.
    Hahaha!!! I thought the same thing about it leading to clowns and your GIF just made me spit water everywhere! Lol