January 2017 Moms

Oct Randoms 10/1-10/7

Re: Oct Randoms 10/1-10/7

• christac1010christac1010 member
    edited October 2016
    @canavara He's okay but he's being such a baby. He refuses to allow any type of treatment on it, including polysporin. Granted it's pretty gruesome and I'm sure it's uncomfortable, but he'll survive. He also broke a knife during dinner, so I've officially banned him from knives until further notice. Anyway I hope you had an awesome baby moon!
  • Sometimes I watch birth videos in awe,  thinking it's amazing and empowering. Other times I cringe and understand why elective csections are a thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @canavara I have totally been there when you are so upset but when you say it out loud it almost seems silly and you described it perfectly!  

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @canavara oh yes. I've definitely been there. It sounds like a very sweet and real ending to a wonderful weekend. Side note, x2: super cute dress! Also, oh man. Sigur Ros is incredible live. I saw them ages ago -- still one of the best shows I've ever seen. 
  • What a great story, @canavara.  I do believe that memory will only get sweeter with time.
  • I spent the afternoon looking through the ultrasound post. I can't believe how far we've come since those first pictures of LO. 

Also, it made me get my rear in gear because I realized how little time there actually is to go. So, I got the baby bed all ready tonight complete with bedding and mobile. It looks so cute! 
  • @canavara please tell us that dress is currently available somewhere?! Love it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @nolemama24 what is sweetberry custard & is it only available in Gainesville? It sounds amazing!

Yesterday, walking to our Sunday School class, DH & I enjoyed this lovely, cool breeze and both announced fall has come to FL! Then, as we walked to the sanctuary an hour and half later, we were melting in 85+°. Sometimes, I hate FL.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• @ladysaceb OMG I hope everything is okay. Just the thought of falling is enough to terrify me! I hope your back starts feeling better :(

DH and I went to our first birthing class yesterday (doing the Bradley Method). It was fun to meet other couples and I'm already looking forward to our class next week. <3 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh and I dreamed I was holding my sweet baby girl and she was so beautiful and precious. <3 Only 96 days to go, LO! <3

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PMForbie no, it's not only in Gainesville! They have two other locations, one going towards Anna Maria Island in Bradenton and the other somewhere in Sarasota! I swear I am not a spokesperson, hahahaha... I have been going there since I was a kid and they have some of the best custard ever. You can mix it with a bunch of toppings, etc if you want. They have yummy sandwiches and salads, too. My family would always stop there on our way out of Anna Maria after a day at the beach. Sadly, I live in Tampa so all those locations are a bit out of the way for me. 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• I keep having dreams about a red haired blue eyed boy with freckles. He's about 6 in my dreams. So cute. I hope my little guy is cute like him!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm watching the Amanda Knox story on Netflix and while I don't think she's guilty, I can see why they thought she was. She's very awkward, and that makes me feel sorry for her in a way. It's just a really fucked up story.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @emy730 I watched that! I'm totally with you, I didn't think she did it but it gave me so many pregnancy nightmares! 
  • @emy730 I watched that! I'm totally with you, I didn't think she did it but it gave me so many pregnancy nightmares! 
    One of my old bosses was obsessed with her case, so I knew a lot about it before watching, but yes, it made me really uncomfortable. It made me think about how I would react to being accused/convicted of a crime I didn't commit. Scared the crap out of me to think about!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nolemama24 YES! I posted that to my FB this morning. I love Mean Girls so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nolemama24 I'm going to be going to Sarasota in the next few weeks (have you heard of Yoders? They have amazing pie!) I'll have to look up the custard! Is there a certain store to buy it from?

• @PMForbie No, I have never heard of Yoders! Sweetberries is an actual restaurant, not a brand! I would google the address for the Sarasota location :) I hope you get to try it!!! Also--- Is that your cat in your profile pic? She is very very pretty!! I love black cats!! 

Also: to all my basic pregnant friends.... You guys rock and thanks for celebrating Oct. 3rd!!! Too bad it didn't fall on a Wednesday, hahaha!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• I have been craving a BK Whopper all weekend and I finally had one today for lunch. It hit the spot, and I'm pretty sure I could easily eat another one. 

Pregnancy is so weird. I never eat fast food when I'm not pregnant.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just worked for way to long, didn't get out til 8pm!! BUT great news the Aeroflow people called me today (I just sent my application yesterday!) and said that I qualify for a free breast pump and gave me 8 to choose from.  I chose the Medela because I see all the accessories in the store.  I am so relieved I don't have to purchase this out of pocket.  Have any of you done this?  (I used this site https://www.breastpumps.aeroflowinc.com/qualify-through-insurance-mom-baby/)

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @cabu14 I haven't used that website, but I did contact my insurer to confirm coverage and get the name of their DME supplier so I could place an order.  I qualify for a free pump every pregnancy, so before FTM and STM+ buy a new pump out of pocket I say check your insurance benefits to see if it's covered!  I got a Medela last time and a Spectra this time. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• @Nolemama24, I am going to look it up and see if we can make a stop there :D Yes, that's my cat Delilah in my picture. She's a stink butt, but also adorable and she knows it. She's totally a mama's cat. It's going to be interesting to see how she transitions with Baby's arrival.

• @cabu14 Glad your breast pump situation was hassle-free! My company just switched our health insurance from BCBS to United (coverage switched over the weekend) and I had already called BCBS to see if the Medela model I wanted was covered and they were like "Yeah of course." Crossing my fingers that it's the same with United :) For some reason the hospital I'm delivering at has a breast pump request form that does the insurance work for you but it's weird because it sounds like you don't get the pump delivered to you until after you give birth.
  • Under the affordable care act, most insurers provide a breast pump of some sort. It varies on whether it's every pregnancy or every so many years. Medela is a pretty popular brand so I think most carriers cover that one and 1-2 others (at least). There are a couple national DME providers that will do everything with the insurance. When I got one with DS, I just had to wait until a month prior to delivery and have a prescription from my doctor (the company actually called and got this for me). Sometimes going through a national DME gives you more options. Our local one only has Medela or Ameda. I do know, if I wanted to go through our local DME, the hospital said we could just wait until baby was born and they would bring it over. I wanted to have it ahead of time to look at it. As it turned out, I went in to labor at 37 weeks and had barely had the pump long enough to look at it. We took it to the hospital so they could help but I ended up just using the  hospital grade pump they had and not opening my box until I got home.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @canavara I have United Student Resources and they cover the Medela.  There is a specific website you have to order through no earlier than 30 days from your due date, and the process is expedited with a pdf scan of a prescription your OB writes for a pump. Logic makes me think that if they cover it on the "student" plan, it would be covered for you. However, we all know that insurance is often quite illogical, so don't bank on it on my account. But I think you've got a pretty good shot. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Just pulled up my shirt to scratch my belly and noticed my belly button gave up. It's officially popped, but only halfway. It's doing that weird hooded thing where the top is popped and the bottom is still an innie 
  • Kurtni said:
    Sometimes I watch birth videos in awe,  thinking it's amazing and empowering. Other times I cringe and understand why elective csections are a thing. 
    I have been thinking about giving birth lately, and as a FTM, I will admit that I am absolutely terrified. There are times when I am ok with it, but mostly I just want to cry about it. Watching the videos help, but not much. It is a beautiful and amazing thing, but I am starting to have nightmares about it.

Last night I dreamt that there was a theme park long wait line to the delivery room, which was actually a viewing room for everyone in line to see, where as soon as one gives birth, the next in line is up. I kept telling my husband that it's ok, I feel fine, let's go home and he just laughed. I woke up to being third in line.

Maybe we could start a post like what FTM should expect? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • emy730 said:
    I have been craving a BK Whopper all weekend and I finally had one today for lunch. It hit the spot, and I'm pretty sure I could easily eat another one. 

Pregnancy is so weird. I never eat fast food when I'm not pregnant.
    Girl ditto!! I have eaten more cheeseburgers and Taco Bell in the last few months than the past 10 years combined, seriously! 
  • @alicjaB24 there's an awesome conversation going on over at ask a STM about labor experience right now, it might help some! I can promise L&D will not be like your most recent nightmare though! ;) 
  • @alicjaB24, I totally agree with having a thread with STM's birth experiences. Have you looked at Dec. 16? They have a giant thread with so much good info!!

• @katesmama0706 Mine has been doing that too, it's really freaking me out. Also when getting up from laying down and using abdominal muscles at all, it kind of pushes out a little bit :anguished:

• We should totally have a thread to share about stm+ birth experiences!