Baby Names
Options

How do you feel about the name Adrienne?

We are team green, due in a few months and I think we've agreed on a boy name. 

DH loves the name Adrienne for a girl. I find myself going back and forth on it. What are your initial impressions?

Other names on the maybe list for a girl are Harper, Nora and Carmen. Middle name will probably be Noelle.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you feel about the name Adrienne?

• Options
    I like it. I knew one in high school it seems to fit the uncommon yet everyone knows it (I'm too lazy to look up stats this morning )

I like Carmen best of your other options.  
  • Options
    It's a nice name but it comes off as pretentious to me. I can't really explain why. There's nothing wrong with it. Nora is my favorite but not with Noelle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Adrienne is NMS but it's a nice name and it's the best of your list. I say nix Harper and Nora if you're trying to avoid a common name. Those are both pretty trendy! 

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    I like it and like it best out of your options. Harper and Nora are so popular. 

• Options
    I like it in general and definitely like it the best of your other options.  Harper and Nora are too trendy right now and I don't love Carmen (plus I know an evil Carmen so there's that.)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm so sorry to tell you this but I'm an "Adrianne" and I hate my name with a passion.  Granted my name is similar and not the same - (I'm assuming "Adrienne" is pronounced like "Adrian". My name is pronounced with an "Anne" at the end). 
    The amount of "yo, Adrian" jokes I've gotten over the years and still get to this day is ridiculous. Not to mention no one can spell it or say it correctly. I get Audra, Audrian, Andrian, Andrea, etc no matter what if I say "Adri-anne" or "Adri-enne."  My name was rarely ever pronounced correctly at graduation ceremonies too.

I go by a nickname instead now (which drives my mom nuts) because I dislike my name so much. I'm so sorry to be a party pooper. 

I do love Nora from your list and would suggest Vivian as well. 

Eta: grammer
    Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• Options
    I'm so sorry to tell you this but I'm an "Adrianne" and I hate my name with a passion.  Granted my name is similar and not the same - (I'm assuming "Adrienne" is pronounced like "Adrian". My name is pronounced with an "Anne" at the end). 
    The amount of "yo, Adrian" jokes I've gotten over the years and still get to this day is ridiculous. Not to mention no one can spell it or say it correctly. I get Audra, Audrian, Andrian, Andrea, etc no matter what if I say "Adri-anne" or "Adri-enne."  My name was rarely ever pronounced correctly at graduation ceremonies too.

I go by a nickname instead now (which drives my mom nuts) because I dislike my name so much. I'm so sorry to be a party pooper. 

Thanks @HungryRunner76 This is why I asked! I mention the 'yo Adrian' thing to DH and he seems to think it's generational and won't affect our kid. I'm not so sure. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LastMango said:

Thanks @HungryRunner76 This is why I asked! I mention the 'yo Adrian' thing to DH and he seems to think it's generational and won't affect our kid. I'm not so sure. 
    That's a good point. Being a child of the 80's probably wasn't helpful for me and that joke. ;)  
    Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• Options
    I love that name. I had a dear, dear friend in college named Adrienne. I don't recall her having trouble with people mispronouncing it as pp did. She did get a lot of "Yo Adrienne", but she was pretty good at laughing it off. I doubt the next generation would deal with it as much. I mean, how old is Rocky? Who under the age of 30 is watching it these days?

I definitely like it best of your options. I can't stand Harper, Nora is very pretty but getting common, and Carmen is just asking for a lot of Carmen Sandiego jokes, imo. Maybe that's a generational thing too.
  • Options
    I like it! It's also nice that it's uncommon without being obscure or "out there."
  • Options
    I like adrienne but love adrianna

carmen is also a great name
  • Options
    I really like Adrienne!! Not a fan of Harper at all. Nora is nice but popular. Carmen is unexpected and I like it!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with the name Adrienne, but it seems a little "old" to me, I'm not sure why. LOVE the name Nora. 
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Options
    Eh, I have to say my favorite of the names you've posted is Carmen.
  • Options
    Love it. Second choice is Nora but not with Noelle. 

Suggesting Vivienne if you like the "enne'.
  • Options
    I'm 28 and has no idea about the yo Adrian joke until it was just explained. So there's that.