May 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY Love edition

Since I'm bored and nauseous tonight, I thought we'd have a little GTKY fun. So tell me, how did you and your SO meet? How long have you been together/married?

Re: GTKY Love edition

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MH and I met at the country bar that he works at. I know, typical "I met MH at a bar story." We were friends for 6 months before we started dating. We've been together for 5 years and married for 3. 
  • Options
    H and I formally met at a mall arcade; we were set up by mutual friends who were also a couple. We've been married for 10 years, and together almost 15.
  • Options
    MH and I were introduced through my cousin, who was a friend of his. She set us up one night at a bar and we totally hit it off! We have been together for almost 3 and a half years and got married in May of this year (roughly 5 months ago).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HowdyAnnie that is the best thing I've heard all day!!
  • Options
    My husband and I met at a mutual friend's house and she was having a football kickoff party. We played catch and corn hole and hit it off. He waited a whole day to add me on Facebook, we went on a date a week later. We grew up in the same small town of 1400 people, but he is 7 years older than me so we had never crossed paths. After high school I became friends with some great people a bit older than me through where I worked, those are the friend's that went to school with DH and introduced us (finally)!
    We dated for 9 months, then engaged for 11 months, and now we have been married for 1.5 years!  <3

Me: 23   DH: 30

TTC since May 2015

DX: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia causing

anovulation/amenorrhea.

BFP on 9/8/16 after cycle #9 of 16 months TTC!! 1st US 10/3

.Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
    Currently: Very anxious!!
  • Options
    We met Zumiez! Haha! We each worked at a different store and I was asked to go help out at his location. So I was his manager for the day! We became Facebook friends and would chat every now and again but didn't start dating until about a year later. We have been together 7 years now and married for 4! 
  • Options
    @bacorrea Isn't it crazy when you calculate out all the schooling/training/deployments how much time you've been together but not actually LIVED together?! People always think I'm crazy when I tell them the first year of marriage we only lived together 1 month (thanks deployment)! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    DH and I grew up in the same town, but he is 4 years older than me. I was friends with his youngest sister and she introduced us when I was in college. We hit it off right away! He moved across the country a month after we started dating so we had to do the long distance thing right away. We've been married for 7 years now but between the endless amount of trainings and deployments (thank you military) the actual amount of time we've lived together is probably half! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    We met at a local bar in my hometown when I was home from college (I was actually underage with a fake ID and he is 6 years older than me! lol)  My husband's step-brother and I had mutual friends and one night MH came to the bar with his step-brother.  I saw him at the bar, asked friends who he was, and decided to just go on up and introduce myself!  The rest is history - together for 13 years and married for 8 years this November with one 3 year old daughter.

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 The romantic in me loves this question. Hope the nausea passed quickly. 

SO and I met in a freshman history class in high school. I wasn't allowed to date so we stayed friends until April 1st of 11th grade. We have been married for 6 years. 

We should do proposal stories next.
  • Options
    I met DH a month or two after I graduated from college when I was still living on campus. He was my friend's roommate, a townie, and one night we all went out to the bars together where I met him the first time, and the night wound up just the two of us at breakfast at like 4 AM, we could not stop talking. We continued to hang out in that group setting for a while but would always end up talking together. Eventually a few months later we started dating. That was summer of 2000, and we got married Sept 2005.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    DH and I met through a mutual friend while in college, our schools were six hours apart so we only hung out while we were home. I wasn't originally attracted to him but our friend kept pushing it. I figured I would give it a  chance because I had nothing better going on. We were exclusive "friends with benefits" for 1.5 years before we officially dating. We dated two additional years before getting married. Our 7th wedding anniversary is on our first Doctor's appointment/ dating ultrasound! My DH drives my nuts most days but he really is my Prince Charming. 
  • Options
    It's so fun to read these stories!

H and I worked together for a few years during high school, but we went to different schools and he was a few years older. We both apparently liked each other during that time, but were too shy to do anything about it. After I moved away to college, he would call me from time to time (even though he knew I was dating someone else) just to say hello, see how I was doing, and as he later put it, "keep his foot in the door." ;) That spring, H called me on his birthday (when I causally slipped in the conversation that I was single), I called him on mine, and a month later when I came home for the summer, we started dating. I changed a lot over that school year and when he saw me again for the first time, he just knew--and said to himself, "I'm in trouble..." That was 10 years ago and we've been married for 2! He's the funniest person I know <3
  • Options
    So true. I only met DH because my friend left me a message on my answering machine for where to meet. None of us even had a cell phone.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    We met through a friend he had "dated". The friend and I had known each other since elementary school. She and I didn't talk much but were friends on FB. She met my DH on a dating website. She was interested. He wanted to be friends. So she introduced him to me and it was instant. We've been together three years and married since May 29. I'm due on our one year anniversary. :) 
  • Options
    We met through eharmony. I had recently ended an engagement with my abusive ex 5 months before said wedding. A week after I joined eharmony, idk what compelled me to but I'm glad I did because my husband was my first match! We dated for a year and marriage wasn't even on my radar when he proposed. A year after that, we got married on my Grandparent's 62nd wedding anniversary. We've been together for 4 years now.
    2 angel babies Jan 2015 and Nov 2015
    BFP Sept 2016
    Fingers crossed for a sticky rainbow baby!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I met my husband in college 8 years ago. Long story short, my husband had a secret crush on my twin sister during his 1st semester in college, but he was afraid to approach her and that was the end of that. 3 years later my husband ran into me and he thought I was my twin sister. Then he secretly got my phone number from a mutual friend of ours and insisted that we get dinner and we did and it was history from there.