May 2017 Moms

Why my SO is an A-hole 9/23

Because really, it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Re: Why my SO is an A-hole 9/23

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited September 2016
    Most recent reason - We were out exploring a trail on a seaside cliff, and I wanted to head back cause I was starting to get a headache. SO wanted to keep going, so I got to walk back by myself...over crazy steep cliff steps, through a creepy underground village tunnel, in a city we've only been in for two hours. Thanks. 
  • Hubs has not been drinking at home to show solidarity and support for my current condition, which is nice and unnecessary...HOWEVER, he has also gone to a handful of after work happy hours in the past couple of weeks (tonight included) and left me alone to pick up the toddler from daycare, feed him, bathe him, and put him to bed. Unfair when I am so, so, so tired at the end of the day. But I honestly don't have the energy to even make it a conversation. So, tonight I will suck it up, get through the evening, and binge on back episodes of Teen Mom OG. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was feeling gross last night and was fishing for a compliment. I joked that I was going to need three extra hours of beauty sleep to fix the mess that my face has become ... and he agreed :/  
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I wouldn't necessarily call him an a-hole, but I hate how he thinks my pregnancy symptoms are me being dramatic! Yes, DH, I am truthfully tired today!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My husband says I am not more tired than before getting pregnant. I am not actually nauseous that it is actually me being mental... Coming from a man who does not believe in seasonal allergies! He sneezed like 15 times in the house yesterday but noooo its not from allergies its from the cold at night and warm during the day. 
  • Kipperoo said:
    Hubs has not been drinking at home to show solidarity and support for my current condition, which is nice and unnecessary...HOWEVER, he has also gone to a handful of after work happy hours in the past couple of weeks (tonight included) and left me alone to pick up the toddler from daycare, feed him, bathe him, and put him to bed. Unfair when I am so, so, so tired at the end of the day. But I honestly don't have the energy to even make it a conversation. So, tonight I will suck it up, get through the evening, and binge on back episodes of Teen Mom OG. 

this cracks me up because I will be doing the same exact thing while my DH is out golfing after work! A little teen mom then bed at 930pm. Oh and Farrah's lips are out of control, I think she got them done again... I cant even look at her without laughing ...
  • Girls I wish my husband would GTF out of the house once and a while. He moved up from the NYC to upstate NY and ended up not liking the locals so he has like no social life outside of going bowling ( we we're both on a league until this fall season) and when we go out to see my friends now mutual friends. For a little while he was on a tuesday night league so I got to chill at home without him and it was glorious, but I was baby free then but honestly there have been nights he comes home after ds bed time and he once even said sorry i wasn't there not like it was much different than if I was there...
  • @Kipperoo That sounds really frustrating. Unfortunately, I'd do the same "suck it up and not start a conversation" thing. I'm always hoping he'll catch on and realize I'm upset...never happens. Apparently I have to do this thing called "using my words" when I'm mad. *shrug*

@arels483 @Yiggle09 Oof! That's annoying. Luckily, my hubbs is really new to all this and takes my word for it when I tell him how crappy I feel. I think if he started doubting me, I'd have to throw some pregnancy articles in his face. 
  • I've been feeling gross and fat. I asked my DH if he would still want me when I'm big and pregnant. His response" Yeah, just don't stay big after you have the baby."  I thought about punching him. 
  • CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    edited September 2016
    @RedBreast35 I know. When I called him out on it he seriously had no idea what he had said wrong. *face palm*

He's usually not this dense.

ETA: @cnsdjs If I said the same thing to my husband he would probably answer the same way your DH did. So I'm not going to ask.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My dh has been pouting because we haven't  dtd in a little while because I haven't been feeling well and DD has been sleeping in our bed lately. Then if I call him out on it he gets mad and says I'm making him feel like a jerk. And makes me want to punch him. 
  • *lurking
    @Yiggle09 I'm in upstate ny too!
  • @Jenshoes were in duchess county
  • @Yiggle09 so close, I work in Columbia county and living Albany county!
  • edited September 2016
    This is my first post in this group but I had to join in. My SO and I are/were recreational marijuana smokers. The day I found out I was pregnant I put an end to it because it's just not a necessary part of life and I'd rather enjoy a healthy pregnancy and baby over being high... Because that's what adults do!

My SO smoked the first night and made the comment that I 'only had to give it up for a few months' then went in his merry way. The second day he smoked twice... And didn't get the hint that I was upset until I flipped out on him.

He said he understood that I wanted him to go through this process with me and that sitting next to him while I'm sober isn't exactly a joyful experience. Tonight would have been a week without smoking for either of us and he had the nerve to ask if I'd 'be terribly upset if he smoked' because he wasn't tired... Now he won't talked to me and is pissed off because I got upset.. What part of don't smoke around me is hard to understand and respect?!
  • @christinaleejo I'm sorry!  That is a shitty situation. I think he should absolutely respect your wishes to not smoke around you right now and I'm sorry that he doesn't.  
  • kat81kat81 member
    edited September 2016
    I told myself I'd never post in this category because my SO really is amazing (would not be going for #3 if I were with anyone else!) but a couple of days ago I did find a reason to post in here.

TLDR: DH went to a bar the other night, leaving me with the kids while we were all sleeping. The kids woke up in the middle of the night and I didn't know where DH was, causing me to lose 3 hours of sleep, DS to lose 2 hrs of sleep, and DD to lose an hour of sleep.

Full Story: Friday evening I went grocery shopping with DS and had dinner out with him, while DH took DD to play with neighbors on the street. He ended up hanging out with the adults and drinking (people do this in our neighborhood). He brought DD back at a reasonable hour and helped with both kids' bedtimes. So far so good! He then said he'd stop by to see if the adults were still hanging out. I was fine with this but was heading to bed myself (because of first trimester; it was like 9pm). I heard him come back a little bit later, and at that time he came to the bedroom to tell me that they weren't hanging out anymore and to say goodnight as I was trying to go to bed.

At 11:45pm I woke up to both kids screaming and DH was not in bed. DD had woken up and was very thirsty and super tired but couldn't figure out that she had a water bottle by her bed; the kids recently started sharing a room. DS was screaming because she was yelling and he wanted her to be quiet. I was SO tired. I always sleep the best/hardest in the beginning of the night so being awoken at 11:45 was rough. I tried to deal with the problem but DD was inconsolable. I told DS to "wake up daddy, who must have fallen asleep downstairs." DS went downstairs and said he couldn't find daddy. All three of us wandered around the house, including front/back yards looking for him. Where was DH?? It took a WHILE to get DD back down, and only in my bed. Eventually she did settle. DS would not go back down. I called DH and texted him. Nothing! Frankly I was a bit worried. Finally, at least an hour after I called him initially, DH got my message and said he was at a local bar. He was settling up and coming home. Long story short, it took DS a full two hours to get back to sleep. Thank goodness it wasn't a school night. I took another hour to get back to sleep on top of that.

DH said that after our other conversation about the neighbors (at like 9:15), some time passed, and then he told me he was going out again and I had responded affirmatively. I obviously have no memory of this, and had already been in bed for nearly an hour when he had this "conversation" with me. He was like, "next time I'll leave a note and not assume that you understand if I tell you when you're in bed." Ya think?! I added to this that he should make sure he can receive messages immediately instead of an hour later, or better yet, maybe just have a better reason to leave me with both kids while pregnant (he wasn't even meeting a friend!)

This was seriously the most annoying thing DH has done in like 6 months or more, though, he is a dream partner and father. But I couldn't leave this thread hanging without telling my story. We obviously got unlucky with the timing because any other night would have been fine for him to leave. But because this happened, I was pissed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• By the way, I'm fuming on y'all's behalf for the SOs who are smoking/drinking in one's presence, or who deny the existence or severity of symptoms. Both are completely unacceptable. (Actually my DH drinks in my presence but I am cool with that and he would totally stop if I asked him to. He has offered multiple times. Plus smoking =/= drinking in terms of smell, effect on you, etc.)

As for the happy hour ditching with toddler one, I feel you on this. It doesn't happen much in our house, but is a huge pain when it does. Related: I'm always designated driver when pregnant, which means I have to be alert/awake to drive home at the end of a night. Sucks when I am up past my first trimester bedtime. We got in a huge fight about it when we went to a friend's wedding when I was pregnant with DS and was still in the first trimester. DH wanted to stay for the after party and the after after party and I was like, HELL NO. I was SO tired. We were staying with his parents 30 min away (we had flown in from out of state) and eventually I said to him, "we need to leave NOW or get a hotel room NOW that I am going to sleep in immediately." At the time I was lying down on a couch in the lobby while other people were in the bar. I think we got the hotel room so he could party more and I went to sleep!

• @kat81 I feel you. I think it's totally ok to love your SO and think they're amazing, but still want to vent about their 1% a-hole behavior. And that would really worry me if I woke up and he was gone! Yikes. Sorry you had to go through that while taking care of two youngins.