Baby Names

Sibset help!

Hello!
I am still super early (8 weeks) but I'm trying to distract my pgal brain with some positive thoughts! 
We have one DD Piper.
DH and I love Olive if we have another girl, but when I started saying them together it sounded an awful lot like Popeye and Olive. Is this too much? Brutally honest opinions welcome!
Kindly, Libby

Re: Sibset help!

• I can't really pinpoint why, but I don't love the sound of them together. Piper and Olivia sound nice and you get less of that Popeye and Olive sound you hear, IMO.
  • Thanks! If we don't go with Olive, I will probably start from scratch. Olivia is a beautiful name, but I tend to gravitate towards spunky/harsher sounding names and I'm not sure why! I appreciate your input!

• Loading the player...
  • Gotcha! In that case, I really wouldn't have thought of Popeye and Olive if you didn't mention it. :)
  • bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited September 2016
    I like Olive but I agree I'm not loving it with Piper. 

• I think Olive is a great pick! My mind also went to Piper and Libby. 
  • emilyalso said:
    I think Olive is a great pick! My mind also went to Piper and Libby. 
    That is my first name ☺️

• I don't mind it.

Other names that might go.

Sibyl
    Flannery 
    Astrid 
    Beatrice 
    Diane

• I didn't think of Popeye but I guarantee someone along the line would haha! I wouldn't let that deter me from picking a name I love though. Some other options:
    Agnes/Agatha
    Edie
    Calliope
    Auden/Arden/Adair
    Scarlet
    Hazel
    Dorothy
    Gwendolyn
    Greer
    Maeve
    Quinn
    Tamar

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Thank you for the suggestions! Adding some to my list. I didn't think of it at first either, but my mom pointed it out and then it was bothering me. Last time I stayed a few extra hours at the hospital and flipped a coin to land on a name with Piper, so I'm hoping to prevent that this time!

• What about Reyna (prounounced Rain-a) ??
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

Love it, but our last name rhymes with Rain!

Love it, but our last name rhymes with Rain!
    Ah I see. That probably wouldn't be the best then lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm honestly just not a fan of the name Olive, but I don't think the two sound awful together. To be fair, though, I really only shy away from sibsets where the names are super similar or are really something like popeye and olive lol.

What about...

Odette
    Pearl
    Wren
    Ruth
  • IDK if these count as spunky/harsh but I tried...
    Blanche
    Elaine
    Maeve
    Lola
    Daphne
    Layla
    Trudy
    Stella
    Harriet nn Hatti
    Irene
    Beverly
    Fiona
    Matilda
    Molly
    Audrey

• IDK if these count as spunky/harsh but I tried...
    Blanche
    Elaine
    Maeve
    Lola
    Daphne
    Layla
    Trudy
    Stella
    Harriet nn Hatti
    Irene
    Beverly
    Fiona
    Matilda
    Molly
    Audrey

Lola and Stella are on our short list! I also like Hatti and Fiona so I will add those for sure! Thanks so much! Blanche has always been a GP name for me. 

• I don't particularly like olive just because I wouldn't want to be called olive as an adult. It just doesn't sound like a name to me! Haha 
  • Olive is NMS but I honestly would not have thought of the connection with Popeye if you hadn't mentioned it. I think it's a stretch to associate them together. If you like spunky names, my personal fave is Juniper nn June/Junie.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't think of Popeye, but if it would always bug you I wouldn't do it.

I love Piper and June, or Piper and Hazel. Also suggesting Maggie, Darcy, Claire, Zoey, Lexi, Anna, Sadie
  • I like Piper and Olive, but agree with PP that y;ou should reconsider if it'd bug you.

My attempt at spunky:

Girl:
    Astrid
    Blair
    Inara
    Muriel
    Ros (Rosalind)
    Rowan
    Tess

Boy:

Demetrius
    Finn (Finnegan)
    Lamont
    Lars
    Rhett
    Tal (Talon, Talcott, Talbot)
    Yuri

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• Phoebe, Freya, Jade, Jillian, Gretchen, Erin, Ruby, Moira, Eden, Ivy, Willow, Mabel, January, Nina, Skylar, Mia, Iris, Sasha, Jane, Eliza, Frida, Francine, Seren, Lucy, Violet, Georgia & Grace. 

Love PP suggestions of Sybil, Astrid, Darcy, Gwen, June & Daphne. 

Good luck!
  • Phil413 said:
    Olive is NMS but I honestly would not have thought of the connection with Popeye if you hadn't mentioned it. I think it's a stretch to associate them together. If you like spunky names, my personal fave is Juniper nn June/Junie.
    I adore juniper!! It's one of my favorites. I'm just not sold on Piper and Juniper together. They may be a tish too similar

• Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I've added some to our list! It didn't bother me until my mother pointed it out, but I think I could easily get past it. She really wants us to use Larkin, so I think she is trying to push me away from Olive. 

• I was searching for "juniper" posts and came across this one and caught my attention right away as Piper is on my short list as well! Some other names we're considering include Willa, Maris, and Elliott for a girl mn.

was curious to see if you came up with any more?