May 2017 Moms

Why my Pregnant Self is Crying 9/22

I don't think we've had one of these yet! Let's hear about the tears.

Re: Why my Pregnant Self is Crying 9/22

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited September 2016
    Last week, I watched "Me Before You" on a plane ride. Cried for the last 30 minutes straight. I was so glad the lights were down. Daenerys is my fav <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely teared up while watching "This Is Us" last night...and I am not generally an emotional person. Anything with babies gets me these days!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Weirdest thing. I am not crying. I feel like ever since I got pregnant the first time, the water works became open and I became this crying mess, and it gets worse when I'm pregnant. Except this time. I'm not sure I've even cried once. So strange. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I feel like I'm more emotional but no water work. Unless there's bad things happening to other babies (or my own) then I'll sob up a lake. But I can get grumpy as hell. DH better watch out.

• I'm the same as @vrj0522 I used to cry all the time watching TV. Anytime there was a wedding special on anything I would cry. It's still early, but I've watched things that would have made me cry before being pregnant and I didn't cry. Maybe it's a sign I'll be more grumpy than weepy while I'm pregnant. Or maybe it's still too early and I'll be a crying mess in two weeks lol.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Daughter is OBSESSED with Knuffle Bunny (by Mo Willems). Anyway, I cannot get through the end of Knuffle Bunny Free without crying. It's embarrassing. 
  • edited September 2016
    @arels483  Mine was a snake

eta: it didn't let my emoji stay, but it was a very upset emoji lol. I was not pleased.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • I played the walking dead video game with my husband and CRIED MY EYES OUT!
  • DS spilled orange juice this morning... 
    DH gave the kids a bath and I cried happy tears that he is such a good partner for taking some of the load off of me while I feel crappy. 
    And I cried this morning for absolutely no logical reason I could think of. 

• jatwal128 said:

...that probably seems crazy, but i like my dog more than most people, so there's that.
    @jatwal128 High 5 because that's how I feel!  ;)

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @jatwal128 @mrsrep123 Yeeees, dogs are definitely the best 
  • I sobbed last week when I thought about hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time.  The Amazon baby/lion commercial gets me too.  I also watched This is Us last night and got teary eyed.  A couple of weeks before I found out I was pregnant I saw cute baby clothes on final clearance at Marshalls. I touched a cute dress and I got teary eyed and had to reign it in.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• We went to a professional football game and I didn't realized they we're following the clear bag policy. I cried when they told me I couldn't bring my daughters diaper bag in. One of the bag checkers asked me why I was crying and I couldn't even say anything. But I was allowed to bring the diaper bag ;) I felt ridiculous 
  • FlyChick said:
    That commercial where the baby likes lions but not the dog so they order a lion costume for the dog. Tears every.single.time.

Me too! Anything with dogs gets me... I watched a video on facebook today of three dogs(2 of them Pugs, my FAVS) and they each had a plate with a piece of bday cake front of them. Then the big dog ate all of the Pugs cake! I felt so bad for them lol

Pregnancy Ticker

• @m3ganmc that is hilarious! I can't imagine what the bag checker was thinking lol.

I cried at dinner bc my husband wouldn't stop taking about politics.  Then I kept crying because I felt  ridiculous.  
  • @CherryBananas That definitely would have made me cry, too. I get really emotional when I'm hungry!
  • @jatwal128 yes I think the same thing! I get so sad that they're prioritizing the baby over the dog. But then I get such happy tears when the baby reaches for the dog. 
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • @doxiemoxie212 I've been both! I have been a terrible wife this week. I feel very self absorbed. I think once it's more "real" feeling and I'll be out of the woods a little more I'll stop thinking about it so much. I swear MH keeps forgetting. I can't really blame him, it sometimes doesn't feel real to me
  • @CherryBananas That definitely would have made me cry, too. I get really emotional when I'm hungry!
    @cherrybananas and @starphish18 I seriously am like that Snicker's commercial when I'm hungry... I turn into an entirely different person. Lol

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Was crying in the car yesterday at the memory of my mom and I sharing an egg roll at the mall when I was like 5. 
  • @FlyChick I had never seen that commercial so I googled it. How adorable?!?
    I have hormonal cried a few times...the first was last week when one of my frequent patients died and I had to see her, her family, and her husband after the fact...I'm usually real good at not crying at work, I was able to keep it at just watery eyes though! (I'm an EMT)

Also, I cried a few days ago, this one is silly... I went all out and made a huge Chinese food spread for dinner. And I cried because my husband didn't like the stir fry. Which was all we had left over after we ate so he didn't have anything to take to work the next day, which would mean he would have to eat cafeteria food (he works at a prison). So I cried because I hate when he doesn't have food to take to work and he wouldn't let me make anything else for him. So I cried because I'm a ridiculous hormone machine, lol

Being emotional and sore breasts are the only symptoms I have right now since the pelvic pain went away, so I can't complain too much!

Me: 23   DH: 30

TTC since May 2015

DX: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia causing

anovulation/amenorrhea.

BFP on 9/8/16 after cycle #9 of 16 months TTC!! 1st US 10/3

.Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
    Currently: Very anxious!!
  • Hormonally cried for the first time this morning... Some commercial came on... A father trying to feed his little girl then (fast forward) the daughter trying to feed her father. My face immediately shrunk up and I started crying with my DS sitting in my lap. DH consoled me a bit and distracted DS while my tears flowed. He thought I was crying about my dad, who died 10 years ago. That then made me cry more.  He even said I made him teary eyed.  :'(

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• We were walking around Lowe's yesterday with both boys in the "car" cart. DS1 started coughing really bad and DS2 reached over to pat his chest and help big bro out. I just teared up seeing how much they watch out for each other.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I'm from Louisiana and my area experienced unprecedented flooding last month.  ESPN did a special on a local high school football team and I cried like a baby. 
  • mrsrep123 said:
    @CherryBananas That definitely would have made me cry, too. I get really emotional when I'm hungry!
    @cherrybananas and @starphish18 I seriously am like that Snicker's commercial when I'm hungry... I turn into an entirely different person. Lol
    My DH didn't truly know what hangry was until he met me
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • So, I never watched Gossip Girl when it was popular but my sister said I should watch it and I do pretty much every episode especially when Dan is such a good older brother to Jenni and I just think of how I want my toddler to be with this baby. 

Also, had a full on meltdown freak-out crying late last night because my diclegis for morning sickness was missing for 10 minutes. I was a wreck until I found it. 
  • mrsrep123 said:
    Hormonally cried for the first time this morning... Some commercial came on... A father trying to feed his little girl then (fast forward) the daughter trying to feed her father. My face immediately shrunk up and I started crying with my DS sitting in my lap. DH consoled me a bit and distracted DS while my tears flowed. He thought I was crying about my dad, who died 10 years ago. That then made me cry more.  He even said I made him teary eyed.  :'(
    And now I'm crying at your story of you crying... (lost my dad a year and a half ago, but also hormones).