Micro Preemies

Advice from an older Preemie Mom

I haven't been to this website in many years and was dismayed to see what little action this board has.  It used to be so busy and was such a help to me during the time my son was born.

My son Waylon, was born at 25 weeks 3 days, weighing a whopping 1lb 14o and was 13.5 inches long.  He was in the NICU for 4 months and 1 day.  Just to give a quick run down of all his issues:  3 stomach surgeries, laser eye surgery due to ROP, seizures, extreme acid re-flux.  He's been small for his age his whole life but he's happy and healthy at 8 years old. He's had a lot of bumps along the way, but he's here and that's all that matters.  Please let me know if anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to help and share my experience.

Re: Advice from an older Preemie Mom

• I know this is an older post but I hope you get this!  

if you have any insight on sleep issues I have posted another thread on this.  Here is the link in case it disappears: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12700734/will-our-beautiful-micro-preemie-ever-sleep 

Our guy was 1 pound 9 oz.  Other than the fact that we are never, ever going to sleep again, we have not had near the issues that you had.  He will need eye surgery to correct his crossed eyes , but it's more of a congenital thing than related to his preemieness. My wife had the same surgery 12 times growing up!  I actually find his little crossed eyes kind of endearing.  My wife's one eye is still a bit off but I think it's cute. (There's someone for everyone!)

I cant' find ANY relevant advice for our micro preemie anywhere.  They are a rare breed aren't they?  

-Dave K