January 2017 Moms
Options

TV Shows!

There are lots of shows returning this week and some news ones starting. What do you watch? What are you most excited to return?
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TV Shows!

• Options
    I am excited for The Blacklist to return, and the new show This is Us. 

We also watch The Walking Dead, so I'm looking forward to that returning as well next month.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Really want to see This is Us

Excited for the Big Bang Theory. Also love the Wednesday line up on ABC, we watch Modern Family and Blackish. The new one Designated Survivor looks intriguing might watch an episode or two. 

Prior to DS and we had so much time to watch shows lol we also watched New Girl and The Americans on fx. So much more time back then to watch recorded shows! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have also been really looking forward to This is Us!  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  The commercials with the mom pregnant with twins always gives me all the feels.
  • Options
    Grey's Anatomy and New Girl!!
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 I was just thinking the same thing. Last year when DS was too little to catch on to much tv and went to bed earlier we snuck a few of ours in. I noticed that we have a new Blindspot that recorded last week and have no idea when we are going to watch it. Big Bang is one we watch as well as Modern Family. We also got in to Quantico last year but not sure if that's coming back or not. There are a few I'm interested in watching but we'll see what I have time to get in to.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am also excited for This Is Us!!!! Sterling K Brown is in it, and he was on Army Wives, which was one of my favorite shows back in the day! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Options
    Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time and Law & Order SVU. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but these are the big ones.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Project Runway is back, it's my dirty pleasure when DH is at work and the boy is in bed. We're watching Ink Master and I'm back into AHS6. Cannot wait for Walking Dead to come back! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options
    Another one for This Is Us! I'll be watching it On Demand though because there's no way I can stay up until 11pm. 

DH and I are so excited for How To Get Away with Murder. It's definitely our guilty pleasure show. 

I also love Jane the Virgin, but it's not back until October - which is so not cool if you know how the last season ended!
  • Options
    Current shows that I'm ready for them to pick back up: NCIS, Bones (little bit longer wait for this one boo), and Project Runway!! 

New shows I'm interested in checking out: This is Us, Bull, and Designated Survivor
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    Yes! Excited for fall tv! planning to get lots of crafting in while I watch. 
  • Options
    Project Runway is back, it's my dirty pleasure when DH is at work and the boy is in bed. We're watching Ink Master and I'm back into AHS6. Cannot wait for Walking Dead to come back! 
    Girrrrrrrl - love me some project runway. Can you believe the shift dress guy from the season premiere? So glad they cut him. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @mommywesley love Bones! I got sucked in watching reruns on TNT and eventually caught up a couple of years ago. Sad to see it end this year. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Girrrrrrrl - love me some project runway. Can you believe the shift dress guy from the season premiere? So glad they cut him. 

I know right?.. I was like do not cut adorable Louisiana glitter pants over that hot mess! Like, don't give me that "I don't do busy" bs when the chick next to you whipped that up out of wigs and gumballs. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options

I know right?.. I was like do not cut adorable Louisiana glitter pants over that hot mess! Like, don't give me that "I don't do busy" bs when the chick next to you whipped that up out of wigs and gumballs. 

I just caught up in this episode tonight, and besides hating on that shift dress, I was suuuuuuper jealous of glitter pants guy's hair. I want him to stick around so I can admire his mane for a few more weeks.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @moosette113 @AlabamaRedhead

also... Never ignore Tim Gunn's advice. I don't like volume will be famous last words. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    We are fans of Big Bang theory and modern family, I've missed them!
  • Options
    Another one for This is Us! Got the DVR set and ready. We also watch AHS (however I'm still puzzled by this season) and The Walking Dead (I've read the comics so I'm interested to see how the season opens). I may also check out The Good Place and Designated a Survivor too. OH and we got into 90 Day Fiancé last week and HOLY COW it's almost hard to watch! Definitely a guilty pleasure.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Not much of a tv watcher anymore. H pretty much dominates the remote. I did catch a little of The Voice tonight. I always like to watch the selection rounds. 
  • Options
    @mommywesley love Bones! I got sucked in watching reruns on TNT and eventually caught up a couple of years ago. Sad to see it end this year. 
    I know I'm super sad it's ending! But it has gone probably 3+ more seasons than most would have! It's my ultimate fav show...

SERIOUSLY! I was so happy to see that dude cut...I would have been super pissed if they let the other guy go...And yes, don't ignore Tim Gunn!!!!
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    I am MOST excited for Grey's Anatomy. I needed a good all out cry last night so I re-watched the car crash episode with Derek. Sob fest! I couldn't breathe through my nose. I don't watch anything when it actually airs (except football, GO BRONCOS!) as I watch all my TV on Hulu or Netflix.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm excited to try out This is Us and Designated Survivor.  I like to watch American Horror Story, but in previous seasons I get spooked to watch by myself at night (I'm such a baby) and DH doesn't like it, so my options on when to watch it are limited (with DD not around).  I also like Chicago Fire and Chicago Med.
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16

• Options
    I loved the first season of AHS. I never really liked any of the following seasons, except for Coven. I only watched the first episode of last season, and was completely uninterested. Plus, without Jessica Lange, I wasn't as interested. What is the basic premise of this new season? 
  • Options
    I'm terrible at watching tv shows because I always forget what's on when, but I'm SO PUMPED for Ash vs Evil Dead!! Scream Queens is super fun too. I'm super sad that GOT and Doctor Who are going to make me wait until 2017, but I'll tune in to AHS to at least see what it's about... Last season I lost interest and never even finished the last couple of episodes, same with AHS Carnival. Ditto @LoneStar21416 that without The Queen especially it's sorely lacking. 
  • Options
    @LoneStar21416  this season, so far, is much like the first season. A little different, but I don't think there will be any Glee like singing episodes like with Freakshow (ugh!). Just good, basic freaky haunted house stuff. I've been disappointed with ever season since the first.Coven could have been so good, but when it turned into a music video for Stevie Knicks, I was out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options
    Grey's Anatomy is my show.  But I am so excited about Designated Survivor and This is Us!! 

I also love Jane the Virgin and The Walking Dead

@shlecka I watched The Good Place last night to see what it was all about.  It reminds me of the type of comedy in Jane the Virgin or Suburgatory... looks like it might be good. 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    susykat77 said:
    I am MOST excited for Grey's Anatomy. I needed a good all out cry last night so I re-watched the car crash episode with Derek. Sob fest! I couldn't breathe through my nose. I don't watch anything when it actually airs (except football, GO BRONCOS!) as I watch all my TV on Hulu or Netflix.
    So I'm only just now watching seasons 11 &12 (currently halfway through 12) because I missed them due to grad school and adjusting to mom life, respectively, and while I knew about Derek, I definitely thought that episode was in season 12, not season 11, so I was totally blindsided by the end of it! Oh, my heart! I'll be honest, I've actually never been a huge fan of his character because he could be so sulky about things but that episode was rough! Poor Meredith :(
  • Options
    Well Netflix only watcher here but we get another season of last man standing sometime soon and I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    @TinaBelcher, I'm with you on GoT and Doctor Who! Looking forward to the Christmas special of Doctor Who Hopefully, they'll do the new companion better than Clara (they wasted her character so badly). I'm also stoked for Gotham (which was on last night, yay!) and The Flash, which starts in October, to come back. And excited to see what Luke Cage on Netflix will be like.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options

I'm so excited for AHS. Just from the first episode I personally think that it is shaping up to be awesome. Not to give away any spoilers, but I literally LOL'd at the documentary aspect of it all, not sure why but it made me have the giggles every time they introduced a new character to the documentary side. But just from the first episode it scared me and made me triple check the doors, which is what I want when I watch a scary movie/TV show.
  • Options
    @Emma61210 I think it's by the people who did Parks and Rec so I am hoping it turns out to be good, but it's hard to tell from the previews!  

And as far as AHS goes, I have a feeling this season is going to be totally different from what we think.  Because with all of the suspense leading up to what it was even going to be about, I was left thinking "that's it?!"  Like there HAS to be more.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was broken into smaller vignettes of stories.  It's just done completely differently so there has to be more to it.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Sooooo did anyone watch This Is Us tonight???? I thought it was cute!!!!!! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Options
    Younger, Grey's and The Affair! I watch a ton of reality garbage on TLC and Bravo so there's always something to watch.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am more of a PBS watcher/period drama. Getting ready to finish Mr. Selfridge and start Poldark. I luuuurve Downton Abbey and own all the seasons so I just watch those over and over
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did. I liked it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nolemama24 Yes! Omg tearsss
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I did and I cried so much.  But I really liked it!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I did and I cried so much.  But I really liked it!
    Watching now... Tears 10 minutes in. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I DVRed This Is Us and will hopefully watch soon!
  • Options
    @susykat77 & @karaelaine1991 OMG!! I am binge watching Grey's on Netflix right now and I watched that episode yesterday! I bawled the entire way. My husband thought I was nuts but I couldn't believe it! Currently just about to start season 12. I'm trying to get all caught up before season 13 start airing this month.

Also, LOVE AHS, Scream Queens, and Project Runway. I also really like Once Upon a Time too.

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge