January 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms 9/19:

Whatcha feeling this week? 

Re: Symptoms 9/19:

• Options
    Starting to get reflux burps! No heartburn yet, thankfully, but I'm betting it's on the horizon! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Just the normal crap: nausea, acid reflux, insane sense of smell, etc. The usual.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    caught a glimpse of my linea negra making it's appearance this morning. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but it didn't show up until after 30 weeks last time so it surprised me. 
  • Options
    Sweating like crazy and my deodorant has decided to quit working. So now I have to try to find a new 1 that will stop the stink and not make me rash. "Sigh"
  • Options
    I'm in this weird cycle of nausea/starving lately. Also I'm flat out exhausted. I only wake up once during the night to go to the bathroom (or if I get a foot to my ribs). I'm guessing he's having a growth spurt right now. 

Speaking of baby kicks, he's getting a little violent. I love it and I flip if I don't feel him for too long, but wow... he's starting to hurt me. I can also feel him turning in there now. Little arms and legs are quite the sensation. 

Yellow colostrum has arrived. At least I picked up some nursing pads before it started this weekend. 
  • Options
    I've started having really bad hip pains from sleeping on my sides. But it's the only position I can sleep comfortably. Any suggestions for relief? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Back and hip pain.  Nothing really seems to relieve it.  I need to just suck it up and get a support belt already.  I also constantly feel like I need to pee even when I don't.  It's getting really annoying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a cry fest yesterday which caused me to leak colostrum all over my shirt. It was quite bizarre. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    My arms go numb when I sleep, it's terrible! I can't sleep on my sides because they go numb when I sleep on them. When I sleep on my back my arms have to be in just the right position or they go numb!! Its tough through the day too, any suggestions???
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'm having pregnancy insomnia or just feeling baby kick and it wakes me up but I was awake twice last night at 1:30 and 3 or I should say this morning. Baby had the hiccups and it took forever to get back to sleep. Plus I know this is pregnancy. My gums bleed when the wind blows the wrong way. It gets embarrassing when I'm eating and it happens. But I can do nothing about it. Starting to leak urine if I'm not careful. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for what's next I'm just in that part of pregnancy when you feel like you wish it could be over but you know it's too soon.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @cjs260 I'm jealous. I'm breastfed my first for 21 months and still need a reminder that my boobs work. 

@katesmama0706 I've been wondering where mine is. It showed up by now last time. Funny how those symptoms vary. 

Symtoms: I'm feeling bad for myself because I have a cold and cough and everything sucks because of it. I sniss constantly. And I feel huge. 
  • Options
    I've started having really bad hip pains from sleeping on my sides. But it's the only position I can sleep comfortably. Any suggestions for relief? 
    A good pregnancy pillow should help
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @christac1010 I've been thinking the kicks have gotten a little violent too! With DD I never felt like they hurt until the very end when it was into my cervix. I don't know if it's a difference in placenta location or a second pregnancy thing or just personality differences between them but man alive. 
  • Options
    Carly79Carly79 member
    edited September 2016

@momof2girls+? I too have been struggling with deodorant issues. I normally use Secret Clinical Strength and it was doing ok with the wetness but not so much with the odor. I just switched to Degree Clinical Protection Active Shield. Nothing to report yet but someone else on the STM+ thread suggested it when I asked a similar question.

To those about hip pain - I don't know if you see a chiropractor but it has done wonders on my back and hip pain. Now if I overdo it I get pain but it's not a daily occurrence. For sleeping, Prior to seeing a chiropractor, I was using a pillow under my knees (instead of between them) and that helped with the hip pain. Now, occasionally I'll throw an extra pillow in but for the most part I'm just laying on my side and don't get much pain.

Edited b/c I posted too soon. My symptom that I've been battling is allergies. I read while pregnant with my first that if you suffer from allergies pregnancy can make it better or worse. My first one my allergies all but went away, this time around I'm miserable and trying so hard not to take anything.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Carly79 that is really good to know about the chiropractor! My doula recommended I see 1 more as a routine to have my alignment checked out, and when I later mentioned I've been having hip and sciatica pain she said I should definitely go. I've been on the fence and hesitating to make an appointment, but lately my back and hips are so sore after sleeping (even with a pillow between my knees), so now I think I will just pull the trigger. 

Otherwise I think my symptoms are pretty standard at this point. Mainly reflux, some RLP, and now BH. And I've been overly emotional the past few days. 
  • Options
    @ashanne88 - do you have anything you can prop your feet up on when you pee? I put my feet on my trash can so its like I'm squatting but I'm still sitting down - 80% improvement with the phantom pee urges. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    I've been having sciatic pain as well. I'd have to stop in the middle of walking because I'd feel a sharp twinge at times. I've been rolling it out with a tennis ball and foam roller and that's helped along w/ the belt. 
    Anyone else been having a bloody nose? I seriously don't know how or why it started and its only on my left side. I've never had it before nor during my previous pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This week's chief complaint is a sudden inability to sleep and a reemergence of body aches and dizzy spells. I'm back to nightly baths to ease the aches. And my arms keep going numb at night! Whichever arm I'm sleeping on.

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I'm going to try that.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Insomnia and heartburn.  I will never complain about my pre-pregnancy heartburn again.  This is way worse.
  • Options
    I don't know what bad pregnancy symptom I don't have this pregnancy. The exhaustion, nausea and heartburn are the worst right now. 

Also I just discovered that my belly is big enough to sit things on when I'm sitting down. I'm not sure how to feel about this development, especially so early. Makes me fear what 30+ weeks will look like. 
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue with my arns and hands going to sleep while I'm sleeping!  It usually wakes me up! 
  • Options
    Is anyone else loosing there 20/20 vision?
  • Options
    It should come back about 6 months after baby's born. I have prescription eyewear but my vision is suffering big time lately- my mom friends warned me it would happen.
  • Options
    It should come back about 6 months after baby's born. I have prescription eyewear but my vision is suffering big time lately- my mom friends warned me it would happen.
    Ugh, same.  My prescription has actually improved, but even the new contacts that my doctor gave me seem wonky. I didn't notice a change in my eyesight during my pregnancy with DD, so this has come as a very unwelcome surprise. 
  • Options
    Ugh the post nasal drainage is back, thanks a lot wacky weather, and making me so gaggy today. I really just want to sit in the shower all day but DD isn't down with that plan. 
  • Options
    Ugh the post nasal drainage is back, thanks a lot wacky weather, and making me so gaggy today. I really just want to sit in the shower all day but DD isn't down with that plan. 
    This is me! And my nose is a combination of stuffed and runny. So I'm also sneezing a lot. Over it.
  • Options
    Ugh yes. This plus bloody noses. I've been getting the worst sinus headaches. I need it to rain! 
  • Options
    @krb22 Do you normally see a chiropractor or have you? I never had seen one before and after doing some research on the Webster technique found one certified in that and have been seeing her. While I'm definitely thrilled about feeling better, I'm hoping that it helps with delivery too, my son was crooked and caused a difficult labor. I will warn you, if you've never been, the first one can be rough between never being adjusted before and pregnancy hormones. It took me a day or 2 to recover. After seeing how I reacted, she changed her method a little for a week and since then haven't had any issues.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    canavaracanavara member
    edited September 2016
    Sciatica + Chiropractor = Do it! I just saw my chiro for the first time in nearly 2 years and, assuming you have a good one, they'll get you out of pain.

Mine first did a lot of checks to figure out what exactly was causing the sciatic since it can come from different things (SI joint being the most common in pregnancy, piriformis muscle strain the other). He used some tool to work out some trigger points in the muscle, did a couple of adjustments (one for the sciatic, another for areas he thought could use relief from other pregnancy strains), and then ran through a few stretching exercises to help out with the sciatica. 

He also had a ton of opinions on breastfeeding pillows and was like "Don't use a Boppy, get a My Breast Friend, since it doesn't encourage you to hunch forward since you can strap it around your back..." Things I never would have thought of...
  • Options
    canavara said:
    Sciatica + Chiropractor = Do it! I just saw my chiro for the first time in nearly 2 years and, assuming you have a good one, they'll get you out of pain.

Mine first did a lot of checks to figure out what exactly was causing the sciatic since it can come from different things (SI joint being the most common in pregnancy, piriformis muscle strain the other). He used some tool to work out some trigger points in the muscle, did a couple of adjustments (one for the sciatic, another for areas he thought could use relief from other pregnancy strains), and then ran through a few stretching exercises to help out with the sciatica. 

He also had a ton of opinions on breastfeeding pillows and was like "Don't use a Boppy, get a My Breast Friend, since it doesn't encourage you to hunch forward since you can strap it around your back..." Things I never would have thought of...
    I totally agree on the breastfeeding pillow advice! I had both and I loved the My Breast Friend one and didn't really like my Boppy. It was just so much easier to use, and more comfortable (guess this explains why!). I will say that the nice thing about the Boppy was that it was a nice little pillow for DD to sit on when she wasn't eating - it kept her in one place but sort of propped her up so she could look around more than she could when she was flat on the floor. 
  • Options
    Not sure this is a symptom, but I have absolutely no motivation to do anything. All I want to do is binge watch shows on Netflix and lay around. Of course, I can't do that between working and caring for DD. It's getting increasingly harder to work because I am having a hard time giving a damn. I really, really don't like feeling this way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here's a weird one- on Sunday for about 12 hours I had a pulsating twinge near my belly button that bizarrely felt better when I walked around. It wasn't super painful it was just uncomfortable and weird. I started to panic because I needed to fly to Germany for work on Monday and wouldn't have time to go to the doctor if I wanted to make my flight.

Anways- I woke up Monday and it was gone and now I'm in Germany and it thankfully hasn't come back. Not sure if it was my womb growing upwards and everything shifting?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Carly79 nope, I've never been to a chiropractor before! I think that's the main reason I've been hesitant to make an appointment. My doula recommended 2 chiros who are Webster certified, and I trust her judgment/experience so I think I should just go ahead. My doula is big on alignment and optimal positioning of the baby prior to delivery, so that's definitely something I'm cognizant of as well. Good to know, though, about the first appointment. 

I have done acupuncture regularly for about a year and a half, and I think that does help with some of the pain, but not so much with the actual alignment. 

I was also doing Mayan abdominal massage (aka Arvigo) prior to getting pregnant, and went for my first prenatal appointment 2 weeks ago. The massage therapist said it felt like my whole uterus was leaning slightly towards the right, which is the same side my pain is on, and also where the baby tends to hang out. She showed me a gentle massage I can do on myself to encourage things to be more centered, but I still think I can probably benefit from a real adjustment. Going to call the chiropractor this week!
  • Options
    All this chiropractor talk has made me interested in going to one to help with back and hip discomfort. My most recent symptom is Braxton hicks contractions. They're not painful but it feels like my uterus is hulking out of my abdomen and it gets really hard. Definitely an odd sensation. 
  • Options
    @KRB22 The other thing I have found that helps with some of my hip pain and even with the alignment part of things is prenatal yoga. My classes I attend focus on opening up everything and helping make more room for baby. Some of the poses (like cat and cow) are also very good for proper positioning, can aid in labor, and I think help with hip and back pain.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Carly79 funny, I'm actually on my way into a prenatal yoga class right now! I've been going to my regular yoga classes for a while but came to this one for the first time the other day. Everyone was complaining about hip and/or groin pain so the instructor focused a lot on those areas. We did a deep pigeon pose with the bolster that felt amazing. Will definitely be making this a regular part of my schedule!

Also agree about cat/cow. I've been making a point to do some stretches even on days I don't go to yoga, so hopefully that's helping. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else get random dizzy spells?  I don't know what causes them and luckily they don't seem to last very long, but I have to tell myself not to panic and I'll drink some water and then they'll go away.  I just wish I knew how to prevent them or if I just have to deal with them.  I asked the midwife about it last week when I had to see her instead of my doctor who was on vacation and she said it's probably due to low blood pressure and if I got up too quickly...but it just happened now at work and I'm sitting down and I just ate, so it's not low blood sugar.  It also happened this morning while I was standing in line to buy breakfast.  It lasted for a few moments and then it's gone.  So strange! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Jos726 how much water do you normally drink in a normal day? You might be getting dehydrated. If it's happening when you are sitting down and after eating I would call to update the doctor. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @Jos726 I got dizzy yesterday at work and sort of fainted to the ground, but never actually lost consciousness. I hadn't stood up quickly as I had already been up 10 minutes, I was hydrated, and fed. Luckily I work with a bunch of nurses so I was babied right away. I laid on my left side and sipped water and I was fine in 30 minutes.

I emailed my OB to let her know and she said that while getting up slowly, eating, and staying hydrated help, dizzy spells still happen with pregnancy. Good to know. So I'm trying to stay seated as much as possible just in case.