Baby Names

help completing a sibset of 4!

Faith1318Faith1318 member
edited September 2016 in Baby Names
We already have R@chel, He.nry, and Lyd!a.
This baby's middle name (unless we decide to make it the first name) will be Philip.
My favorite right now is Theodore, but also strongly considering Alexander, Zachary, Charles. Theodore seems to be getting popular, and fast, which is not a deal breaker per se, but...
Thoughts and/or other suggestions? Thanks!! It's fun to think (read: obsess) about names, but I don't like to bounce my ideas off friends IRL.  :)

ETA: Arthur is on our short list now, too. Arthur Philip? My initial reaction was a huge NO when DH suggested it, and now I'm having a change of heart. What say the Bump ladies?  :)
DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
baby #4 due March '17!

Re: help completing a sibset of 4!

• I like Zachary it's not super popular but everyone knows it. I like Theodore but it's really gaining popularity. I like Alexander a lot as well. However I also think Philip makes a great first name!

• I like Charles
    do not hear it much anymore and its a classic. It has cute nicknames and it ages well. Charles Philip sounds great
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Charles/Charlie best.
  • They are all nice. I think Charles and Theodore fit best.
  • I'm torn between Alexander and Charles - you have picked out some great names to choose from!
  • Another vote for Charles or Alexander. I also second that Philip makes a great first name, as well.
  • Philip Dean
  • Another vote for Philip as a first name. I'm extremely biased since that's my son's name but I love it! I haven't come across any other boys with this name yet and have only gotten good feedback from it. Philip Charles or Charles Philip sound great.
  • Calvin Philip
    Anders Philip
    Amos/Arlo Philip
    George Philip
    Augustus Philip
    Oscar Philip
    Otis Philip
    James Philip
    Benjamin Philip
    Rufus Philip
    Christopher Philip
    Jonathan Philip
    David Philip
    Dexter Philip
    Edmund Philip
    Graham/Graeme Philip
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Thanks everyone! What about thoughts on Arthur Philip? My husband has suggested Arthur -- several times, and I went from "ugh, no" to "hmm, maybe..." to now kind of loving it?
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • Faith1318 said:
    Thanks everyone! What about thoughts on Arthur Philip? My husband has suggested Arthur -- several times, and I went from "ugh, no" to "hmm, maybe..." to now kind of loving it?
    I love it! Both classic, underused names.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Love Arthur Philip. Great name to complete your sibset! 
  • Faith1318 said:
    Thanks everyone! What about thoughts on Arthur Philip? My husband has suggested Arthur -- several times, and I went from "ugh, no" to "hmm, maybe..." to now kind of loving it?
    Arthur Philip was on our short list too! Very nice name.
  • Love Arthur Philip
  • I don't love Arthur. I really like Zachary, you don't hear it much anymore and I like Zach too.
  • I really dig Arthur! 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I like it, and love the nn Art
  • My favorites on your list are Philip (as a first name) and Alexander. I think they go very nicely with the sibling names.

Theodore is my least favorite (I hear it in Lisa Kudrow's voice when she would pretend to be snooty upper class on Friends). I don't mind Arthur, but I know quite a few people who simply can't say this name - they say "author" instead. That would drive me nuts.
  • I like Arthur best with your sibset, followed by Zachary. Theodore seems trendy right now, and I'm just not a fan of Alexander.

I want to like Philip as a fn, but all the ones I know are really awful people so it's kind of ruined for me.
  • hey&june said:
    My favorites on your list are Philip (as a first name) and Alexander. I think they go very nicely with the sibling names.

Theodore is my least favorite (I hear it in Lisa Kudrow's voice when she would pretend to be snooty upper class on Friends). I don't mind Arthur, but I know quite a few people who simply can't say this name - they say "author" instead. That would drive me nuts.
    Not making fun of people with speech difficulties-  I would never veto an easy-to-pronounce, classic name like Arthur just because some people can't say it. I'm pretty anal about asking "are people going to mispronounce my kid's name?" but this is one I just wouldn't worry about. 

Arthur Phillip is a great name!
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
    IUI #1 Feb 2012= DS1 born 11/2012
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle)=DS2 born 9/2014
    Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle again)= EDD 11/2016
  • I like the name Philip Alexander!