May 2017 Moms
Options

Babymoon?

aliciad224aliciad224 member
edited September 2016 in May 2017 Moms
I know it's super early to be thinking about this but is anyone else already trying to think of good babymoon destinations? Second tri will be mainly during winter so that really limits the options, plus fear of Zika emilinates most tropical places.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I would love some ideas! 

Re: Babymoon?

• Options
    We went to Kauai in May 2014 when I was about 25 weeks and it was amazing and would recommend it. I highly doubt we will do another since we have DD now but we will probably take advantage of some time off during the holidays to do whatever.

• Options
    I wish we would have done this before our first. We probably won't do anything this time around with the toddler in tow. We did take a pre-trying to get pregnant toddler-free trip to Mexico back in March and I'm VERY happy we did. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would love to plan one but not sure where yet!
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • Options
    Hawaii is a great option for me. I'm on the west coast so it's an easy flight for me. Just need to be sure there is no Zika being spread there. 
  • Options
    We went to south carolina in july when I was due in august- other than the ride home which i was awake for unfortunately it was a great trip and I was glad you got away before DS. This time we have to make a trip first week of november to florida and my md already said to wear long sleeves and insect repellent. I was like hmm long sleeves pregnant in florida.... hopefully its relaxing regardless
  • Options
    We went to NYC in July when DS was due in November, but like a pp said... probably not a good winter trip! I'm not wild about tropical vacations, and I can't imagine putting on a swimsuit with a giant belly. The options seem limited, so I may have to settle for a long Target run. :) 
  • Options
    I'd love to do something, but I doubt it'll be in the budget. 
  • Options
    We did a baby moon in Vegas in March. It was perfect but I'm guessing it would be a little cold in the middle of winter.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Options
    We just did ours and on our way back home today. As a teacher my days off are restricted to specific days and his vacation Time at work is super far in advance. So we are using his vacation time for when baby comes and went to Nepal for a long weekend. 
    I definitely am not an overly big fan of tropical vacations and if I go on one, I want a drink on the beach. There's plenty of non-tropical options wherever you are. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    Didn't get one with the first, but took a beach family vacation in May when DS was 8mo which was very fun. May try to get to Boston to visit friends before baby comes or maybe wait until over next summer. DH is a professor so it's nearly impossible to do anything between August and June that is longer then Saturday and Sunday. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be in my last semester of grad school starting January, so we might try to do something for our school's spring break. It's mid march, so it would have to be a gametime decision. Ideally, I'd love to go to South Carolina, where we got married but its a 10+ hour drive. So I'd have to see how I felt.
  • Options
    With 2 in tow, there won't be one for us but I highly recommend one for first time moms! It really is a bit of a last hurrah and you'll be happy that you did. We've had plenty of chances to travel without our kids by having gps stay with them but the dynamic and plans really are different because now we have to be thinking about are kids and working around them completely. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    We are doing Europe in October! Ireland, Spain and Portugal.  It was pre-planned because we were having TTTC and thought it would be a nice gift to ourselves. Lucky, it turned into a babymoon! So excited! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:
    We went to south carolina in july when I was due in august- other than the ride home which i was awake for unfortunately it was a great trip and I was glad you got away before DS. This time we have to make a trip first week of november to florida and my md already said to wear long sleeves and insect repellent. I was like hmm long sleeves pregnant in florida.... hopefully its relaxing regardless
    Yeah long sleeves in Florida in November is hit or miss. Right now, Zika has only been transmitted in 2 small areas of Miami so most of the state is safe. I live near Orlando and the midwife just told me to wear insect repellant if I'm going to be outside for any length of time. 
    M: 39 H: 40
    DD: 12/31/13
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • Options
    We were already thinking of a trip to Europe in December to see some friends of mine (Germany and Austria), so i think we will still do it and spill the beans to them then too! I'm planning to see two of my very close friends there. So if all goes well it will be very exciting and Christmas spirity.
  • Options
    We were planning a trip to Jamaica to visit friends in February, but that's put now.  I really hope they get a handle on Ziku soon.  I can't imagine TTC knowing what a real possibility it is.  Instead we're going to Disneyland and Socal with some friends.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    I didn't even know a babymoon was a thing! (Neither did my autocorrect...haha)
  • Options
    I'd love to do something, but I doubt it'll be in the budget. 
    This! We are trying to at least get to the mountains and rent a little cabin for a few days. We haven't been anywhere since our honeymoon 6 years ago... that's depressing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are moving in February....so that will be our babymoon. Haha. Last time we just spent the weekend in Dallas and that was fun. As of right now there are nothing in the cards. DH is in a class until February and we move right after he graduates, so if we go anywhere this time it would have to be with DD and over a weekend.
  • Options

With our first we did a weekend get away to Chicago. It was a first anniversary /babymoon. I am so glad we took one final baby free trip.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    We took a trip last month that was supposed to be a baby-making trip, but we got our BFP about 4 days before we left on the trip! So it ended up being a great "babymoon" after all. I'm glad we did it early so we have more time to save money before LO arrives. We went to Hawaii--perfect for the tropical locale minus Zika worries. Highly recommend!
  • Options
    We are thinking about doing Hawaii, but I can't decide if I want to take DD or not. I think it would fun to one more big vacation just the three of us. 
  • Options
    Were wondering if we'll even be able to take on due to finances, but hoping! This is my first (his 3rd) so we'd love a chance to get away while family is still willing to take all the kids. :) were in IL but thinking of going to Myrtle Beach just to get away. Cheap little November beach anniversary babymoon. Crossing fingers!  I hope everyone is atleast able to have a night on the town or special evening at home. 
  • Options
    We are taking a trip to the beach this weekend.  It was planned before I got pregnant, and it's our first family vacation since we had our first in July '14. We're also taking him to Disney the week after Thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    clebl24 said:
    We are taking a trip to the beach this weekend.  It was planned before I got pregnant, and it's our first family vacation since we had our first in July '14. We're also taking him to Disney the week after Thanksgiving. 
    Same here. DH and I will be taking DD to Disney in January to celebrate our family of 3 before the LO arrives <3
  • Options
    We are also thinking Vegas baby! My 30th is in February so DH and I are planning on making the drive from LA for a weekend away. We haven't spent a night away from our 2.5yr old yet so it will be much deserved! 
  • Options
    tumbleweed-1tumbleweed-1 member
    edited September 2016
    You all have inspired me. Traveling isn't that unmanageable, I just need to specifically set aside $ for it. I think we might try to go on a quick trip to BC before the baby gets here. I've never left the country, and even though we've been together for 6 years, SO and I have never been on an overnight vacation just the two of us. (We have done some daytrips ourselves). 
    Edited- stupid a** phone autocorrects when I don't want them. 
  • Options
    We know we were going to TTC starting in October so we had gone for a "pre-Baby"moon is June. We went to Cancun. This was the first vacation just the two of use had gone on by ourselves since our honeymoon. Now with Baby #3 I anticipate it is going to be a very looooong time before we have another getaway kid free. This was such a special trip for us. I highly suggest anyone take one if possible. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed I can't believe you and your H have never gone away together!  You should definitely do it even just for a long weekend!
    And @erinh2005 H and I spent our first night together away from DS in June.  It had been about a year and half at that point.  We missed him a lot but it was so nice to get away and be adults for a bit.

These posts have inspired me to start looking into a babymoon.  It will be challenging since we don't have anyone local who can watch DS, but I would love to get away to a cabin in the mountains or something.
  • Options
    We are going to Disneyland next month! I am pretty excited to take our three year old. It will be the last big thing we do just the three of us and I think he will love it. We had planned on Disney and a cruise in May but that obviously had to be canceled so we are improvising!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know that we'll be able to leave my son with my mom overnight,  but hopefully we can and at least go away for one night. We live near Asheville, NC and it's our favorite spot for a such getaway. If we can make it work we'll probably do that. We actually went there for our first babymoon and it was lovely. We did a food tour and stayed at a nice b&b. Thinking about it makes me really want to go! 
  • Options
    I would love to stay in the same b&b we had for our honeymoon. The breakfast was amazing! Food seals the deal these days:)