Trying to Get Pregnant

Ava bracelet, yay or nay?

2»

Re: Ava bracelet, yay or nay?

• @kiki75 omg I had never heard of that old wives tale before! I had to do a deep dive to find out, wtf. But in my search for something not a forum to debunk it, I found this: https://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3062 

its like 4 different scientists all saying somewhat entirely different things about gender selection. Wtf UC system, why is this on your website? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212, the best is that the one expert answered cutting scientific American, which is a popular science magazine, not a peer reviewed journal. WTF

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @doxiemoxie212, wow, I missed that one. Smh

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • kiki75 said:
    ....but have you tried baking soda finger? 

(Note for newbs: For the love, do not go Google that & do it.)

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• a_mccarthya_mccarthy member
    edited August 2017

@kiki75 @adirat I totally get where you’re coming from in being frustrated about a cycle tracker as a gift after years of TTC… if I was TTC for a year plus I would be the first to get aggravated with an unthoughtful “try this shot in the dark” type of gift, especially if it was from a close relative. 

*Removed for TOU Violation*

• Validated in the OR - 80 adults undergoing upper abdominal surgery. Pairs of axillary and reference distal esophageal temperatures were compared and summarized using linear regression and repeated-measured Bland and Altman methods. 

There were 3,339 sets of paired temperatures. Axillary and esophageal temperatures were similar, with a mean difference (esophageal minus axillary) of only 0.14°C ± 0.26°C (standard deviation) 

• There's nothing unethical about it - we didn't just intubate random people and collect data @fishsticks-n-custard @adirat they were already undergoing surgery and the esophageal probes would have been used either way because that's what is used most of the time in the OR for patients receiving general anesthesia. 
  • But isn't it still a bbt monitor, right? So it's just a highly accurate version of temping? 
  • Sorry to have offended any of you, again, was NOT trying to take up issue with what you said. I understand the feelings of inadequacy that come along with fertility issues and the strain it puts on relationships etc. etc. I also understand the support you need in situations like this from close friends and family, my whole life revolves around helping women with fertility issues. There's plenty of women who aren't active on forums like this one that have undergone IVF treatments, IUI, and other extremely expensive treatment only to find out that they weren't fertile or that it was just a timing issue. I know this because i've heard it firsthand from our users. And also like i said before its not a one size fits all solution. You're right if you're infertile, you're infertile. However, it is a $150 spend in comparison to $10k plus in treatments that you'll receive from IVF doctors. Even if cycle trackers don't instantly help you get pregnant, accurate ones help you pinpoint what's going on and offer clinical decision support. Data helps make decisions... I wish you all the best in your efforts to get pregnant, I really do. And I was not trying to Spam you or market my product. Was simply trying to help because there's other people in the world that have been in your same situation that have told me how we helped. And I've heard the stories and I've been there to relate to them, not bash them for trying to reach out.  
  • @a_mccarthy wait wait wait, are you the OWNER of this product/company??
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"