March 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (8/29)

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms (8/29)

• Options
    @RunBooRun Ughh Im' sorry. Yay Friday though! And serious props to you for a 5 mile race! Even run/walking. I'm taking like 10 minutes to recover walking up 3 flights of stairs at work.

No big plans here. Working on potty training DS still. Going to a soccer game Sunday evening. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    When I was 18 and had my first joint surgery, my doctor mentioned that pregnancy would be "interesting" for me. I have hyper-extensive ligaments that stretch too easily which causes me to have pretty constant joints surgeries (knees, ankles, shoulders, etc.) to tighten my ligaments back into working condition. I remember teenage me being told "You know how there are those pregnant women who look perfectly fit and you can hardly tell they are pregnant? Yea you won't be one of them."

True to form... I am barely 12 weeks with my first (one - not multiples) and I am already huge. I look 6 months pregnant and my clothes barely fit. Definitely not going to be able to keep this secret... at least not from anyone I see in person. Anyone else feeling way bigger than they "should" be?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RunBooRun We are going down to the beach to tell my best friends that we're pregnant!  I was hoping for good weather to get our announcement photo taken, but I don't know if that will happen.  We'll figure something out :)
    Sorry you had a bad day yesterday :(
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options

@runboorun IM SORRY YOU HAD A BAD DAY *creepy internet hug* <3 today is a new day and I hope it is better! we are not really doing much this weekend, like for real, Netflix and chill. lol not like "Netflix and chill"

@danibanani16 im not exactly bigger than im suppose to, but ppl do get shocked when I tell them im only 13 weeks... and my FIL wanted to point out to my face. how big I am already, and that's just not normal.. thankful DH jumped in right away and said, yes, yes it is.... double... sigh. 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Thanks @AverageAsh - what a good reminder. I appreciate your kind words.
  • Options
    @danibanani16 your body knows exactly what you need!!!! isn't every pregnancy unique? =] don't let it get to you <3

SaveSave
  • Options
    awww @DaniBanani16 I'm sure you look amazing!!  <3
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    I am going to be gone the next two weeks, can someone start this thread for me? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meq124 said:
    I am going to be gone the next two weeks, can someone start this thread for me? 
    How fun! Where are you going?

I can start it.
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    @datalover13 I found the Oh Crap! Potty Training book to be uber helpful when I was training my 2 yo. We did it over 4th of July weekend and it took about 3 days for him to fully understand what he was doing and started letting us know he has to potty after a week and a half. Potty training was the one thing I dreaded with a passion, but the book helped immensely. 
  • Options
    datalover13datalover13 member
    edited September 2016
    @kiyamurph off to check it out now, thank you!! He's been doing great at daycare (of course) and his Paw Patrol big boy pants have helped a bit... just gotta get over the last bit. Thank you!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Now that I'm visibly pregnant I keep getting the how many kids to you have question from co-workers. Hard to explain because I count my stillborn as a child as I went through the whole pregnancy and gave birth. I try to stay in my office as much as possible now just to avoid awkward encounters. 
  • Options
    Now that I'm visibly pregnant I keep getting the how many kids to you have question from co-workers. Hard to explain because I count my stillborn as a child as I went through the whole pregnancy and gave birth. I try to stay in my office as much as possible now just to avoid awkward encounters. 
    Sorry to hear this....the constant reminder must be frightening and dad. I find short matter of fact responses are easiest.

Made up convos:
    "How many kids do you have?" 
    "Three"
    "How old are they?" 
    "Five, three and one was stillborn."

"How many kid do you have?"
    "I have had one other baby; she was stillborn." 
    Or just say "none living, but thanks for showing an interest"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We count our losses in our tally. When people ask if Lu was our first we say she's our living baby and we have two angels. I don't ever want to discount them to spare a stranger's feelings. 
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    @DaniBanani16 & @dubcompanion are you referring to the Quads post? The whole reason I'm here instead of where I'm supposed to be is for the exact same BS as A17 - the whole "don't post here" stuff. It's not welcoming at all. I can understand not wanting 15 dear diary threads a day, but you ignore them and they quickly get booted to another page. Some of these people act like their way is the end all be all and only way things can be done. Things here are organized, but still relaxed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @DaniBanani16 & @dubcompanion are you referring to the Quads post? The whole reason I'm here instead of where I'm supposed to be is for the exact same BS as A17 - the whole "don't post here" stuff. It's not welcoming at all. I can understand not wanting 15 dear diary threads a day, but you ignore them and they quickly get booted to another page. Some of these people act like their way is the end all be all and only way things can be done. Things here are organized, but still relaxed. 
    Yeah, there was drama and M17 got pulled in, lol. This board is so fast moving that gratuitous threads get bumped to page 2 pretty quickly. Sometimes people on this board will point the op to certain threads, but more like a heads up than a "you can't post here!" 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    GUYS!!! 21days!! That's how many till we have ALL March due dates officially in the 2nd Trimester!! It's so close! How are we already a 1/3 of the way through this journey!? 
    This is amazing and makes me so happy!! :smiley:

@DrillSergeantCat I think @longliveregina explained it well. :) The Quads post caught M'17's attention the most, but the board as a whole was going through a particularly rough growing pains phase.
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    GUYS!!! 21days!! That's how many till we have ALL March due dates officially in the 2nd Trimester!! It's so close! How are we already a 1/3 of the way through this journey!? 
    It's simultaneously going so slow and so fast! I had a small freak out moment when I hit second tri because I'm a third of the way to being responsible for a human life! Our babies will be here in the blink of an eye.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Me at work today trying to get ready for students to come on Tuesday: 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EnglishTeacherMama we do chopped vegg time too!! Just needs the right amount of attention lol
  • Options
    I am going out to dinner tomorrow with DH, my coworker/friend and her husband and their baby will be coming along (shes almost 4 months old) and I am going to hang out at her house for a little bit before we go to dinner....I mentioned how I had never changed a diaper before in my life so she offered for me to practice on her daughter. I am like super nervous!! I am such a FTM newb lol but I figure I might as well try now and its better on a live baby than the dolls in those baby classes. 
    It's super nice to have close enough friends that let you practice with their baby! Super thoughtful/sweet of her to offer! I think that would have been helpful for my husband. He was SO nervous just putting a shirt on DS for the first time let alone changing a diaper! 
  • Options
    @meq124 That's an amazing dream turned nightmare. But yum!!! Now I'm craving CFA but the nearest one is an hour and a half away. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    These are hilarious. Whatever happened to the weird dream Wednesday weekly thread? 
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    I loooovvvveeee this countdown!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    minger86 said:
    kjd291 said:
    I loooovvvveeee this countdown!
    I just looked at a calendar this morning and said something similar Like wow one week and its the 2nd trimester.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS