March 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (8/29)

Re: Weekly Randoms (8/29)

• Options
    i started to read that name thread.........POPCORN!

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh i love Ted!!!!!! i wanted to buy a lifesize Ted. DH didn't let me lol

SaveSave
  • Options
    LOL @meq124 I heard on the radio this morning that Blue Ivy's dress cost $11,000!!!!!!!!  I could only imagine what all of Beyonce's outfits cost!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    @mrsyimster I love Ted too! I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy so I thought that movie was hilarious!

@peony2418 how is that even possible for a little girl's dress??? Crazy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I decided to go throwback random this morning and I watch NSYNC and Britney Spears's performances from the 2000 VMA Awards and I have to say, it was kind of weird too. Still made me smile and remember my impending marriage with JC and Joey but yeah, weird. 
  • Options
    @spartanrd4 omg i would feel so cold

SaveSave
  • Options
    Speaking of the VMAs I guess the latest in preggo fashion is to forget your shirt all together! 
    How very utilitarian!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 LOL!!! I would appreciate not having to wear a bra though...
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 that feeling when nothing fits over the belly...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i started to read that name thread.........POPCORN!

OMG - This is the best thread that I have read in a long time....there goes my afternoon productivity!
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    peony2418peony2418 member
    edited August 2016
    Speaking of the VMAs I guess the latest in preggo fashion is to forget your shirt all together! 
    I do love her fishtail braid though!!!

Right? @DaniBanani16 !!  My first car didn't even cost $11k! 
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat that list you posted to the name board is awesome! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What is this name thread everyone speaks of? I'm intrigued 
  • Options
    I'm thinking it's the "OPS for a girl?" thread on the Baby Names board, because wow, what a trip.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS has been at my job for a week now since school hasn't started yet and camp ended and so far today I have fallen asleep twice on him lol good thing he is watching netflix and ignoring me. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    I've been reading all the ones that's closed by bumpadmin most of them are like. "give me the popcornnnnnnnnn" @ashannon3490 just the "baby names" forum at the bump community.  

SaveSave
  • Options
    Evan was one of my top boy names. I've been watching too muchBachelor in Paradise and I do not like Evan Hill -- for this stupid reason I'm not sure how I feel about the name anymore. 

anyone else have names ruined??
  • Options
    @DaniBanani16 oh gosh!! I sympathize so much with teachers trying to do names!! So many naughty kids over the years to add to the negative connotations!

@gracie4400 YES. So so true. For us with DD, it was also how many women my husband had crushes on, dated, or thought were sluts. Haha. 
  • Options
    @DaniBanani16 As a teacher, what names do you hear allll the time? I can't imagine how many Aidens, Braydens, Jaydens, Olivias, and Sophies you must come across.
  • Options
    @kiyamurph I actually stopped teaching elementary school and now teach college, so I see different names than I used to... But there are tons of teachers here that I am sure can contribute to this conversation :)
  • Options
  • Options
    @meq124 I wouldn't mind sharing any name ideas I might have here since we're all in the same boat and we know what it's like to have people judge us. 
  • Options
    I just signed up for Hello Fresh!  Do any of y'all use it?  I hate going to the grocery store and meal-planning, but i don't mind cooking, so this seems like it could be perfect!
  • Options
    @peony2418 we do Blue Apron. It's pretty awesome. I too suck at grocery shopping and meal planing so it's awesome having something delivered. Plus I feel fancy when it's all done and there is a gourmet meal!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm excited to hear that @meq124!  I've only heard good things about Blue Apron, too.  My BIL and SIL use it!  They did mention (and I bet it's the same way with Hello Fresh) that it does take them a little longer usually to prepare it than what the menu card says, but hey, I can deal with that if it means no grocery shopping!
  • Options
    @peony2418 they are definitely time consuming, but I figure for a good, well rounded meal it's worth it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I LOOOOOVED Blue Apron. I need to start that again...
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat some of those names made me literally cringe! What is wrong with people?!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Someone I know just had a girl named Kalveri. It hurts me.
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    omg @AverageAsh.  I read that name about 3 times before I figured it out.  Calvary.
  • Options
    @AverageAsh that's a rough one. I came across a women who was in her mid 50's and her legal name was Baby Girl. Who does that?? Do you see the tag in the hospital that says Baby Girl So-and-so and think "That has a great ring to it."
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited August 2016
    One of my students is named Braxton, and I didn't realize it was considered a bad name until I saw it on the "youneek" list on the Baby Names forum. I mean, yes, I did immediately think of Braxton Hicks when I saw his name - but for all I knew, that was named after someone named Braxton. I also think of Toni Braxton, which I realize is a surname in this instance, but again, not completely out there. *shrug* I never considered it a name to use for one of my own kids, but I also didn't think it was that terrible.