October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 08.29.16

Re: Weekly Randoms 08.29.16

• Options
    Perfect! Thanks so much @ingoscj... I'll keep it then :)
  • Options
    Ladies..my stomach looks like I got into a fight with a tiger. Wahhhhhhh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi

I'm in the same boat of haven't-done-squat yet. I've bought an Ergo 360 because I found it at a screaming deal, but that's it. I mean, I made a skeleton list while at work the other day, but that's it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    I feel so vain for saying this but here it goes:

DH just found 3 little "scratches" on my belly. Nope, they're stretch marks and I cried. I was somehow hoping I'd be one of those unicorn women that didn't get them. 
    I had an intense itch on my belly a week ago.  After scratching it, it turned red, and I also thought I had made scratch marks on myself.  Nope, it was a stretch mark. two of them to be precise.  Now my belly buttom itches and I'm scared of what else is going to pop up :tongue:
    I thought I didn't have any with DS but the day after he was born when my skin started to shrink all the stretch marks that had been hiding turned bright red and itched like a mofo. I cried. 

• Options
    TurtleMommaTurtleMomma member
    edited August 2016
    JFC WTF is up with these bump ads taking up 1/4+ of my screen all the time?! 

• Options
    @TurtleMomma Awww. I feel that's gonna happen with me too. But as everyone tells me, I know it will all be worth it (although it still
    doesnt make it less traumatic at the time!)
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @ashleyp625 after seeing your ice cream I had to get myself out of bed and raid our freezer.. all we had were ice cream sandwiches, but I ate one anyway! ;) 
  • Options
    That just made me LOL @mizzkbrat   :D

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
     @mizzkbrat Other than a minor ODB incident with DD a few months ago, the kids USUALLY don't repeat what they hear. Plus you have plenty of time to enjoy your Eazy-E before LO can speak and it could potentially lead to an awkward (or hilarious) situation.
  • Options
    @mizzkbrat My best friend asked me the other day if I would continue listening to rap after Baby B gets here. I said well until he can repeat, probably!  :p

I usually stick with country but sometimes I gotta branch out! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    I'm not terribly worried about what baby boy is going to pick up in my car but daddy's car is another story. I'm also very concerned about him repeating things his papa says.
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 it turned out gorgeous!!! Nicely done!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

@copperboom86 Yay! Glad it worked! it looks great!

It was our trick in High School Art class!

• Options
    @CopperBoom86  it looks SOOOO GOOD! I want to make something for her door but I think I will get in over my head with it. Maybe it's a job for my mom. 
  • Options
    mizzkbrat said:
    @CopperBoom86  it looks SOOOO GOOD! I want to make something for her door but I think I will get in over my head with it. Maybe it's a job for my mom. 
    It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. Pretty tedious, but not difficult at all. You could probably make it even easier by using paint pens for the little stuff. I used craft paint and a brush because, well... I don't really know why lol. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cbamama641 ... Slightly creepy, unsolicited advice: Don't go to the Toledo Zoo on Labor Day weekend UNLESS you're willing to get there right when it opens. Fucking madhouse. Everyone and their brother likes to end the summer with one last trip ... Just saying! :) 
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86, you did such a great job!  It looks so good!!!
  • Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited August 2016
    mrszoess said:
    @lgw2015 like sales like regular sales or other coupons 
    Oh sorry, I just meant coupons. I assume they do apply regular sales. @mrszoess
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know how/when I'm going to catch up here this week! Usually I Bump at work, but it's like all of a sudden, people realized I'm going to be leaving in 4-6 weeks and have handed me 1 large and 1 monster project to do before I go. Plus, I have to train 2 other admins on the things I usually do that they don't, plus all the regular day to day crap. *insert super annoyed face here*
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86... you did a damn good job on that cross! Way to go!!!
  • Options
    @Julia70286, hahahahahaha.  she didn't realize it???  OMG!  Did she change her tune when she realized your due date was the day after?
  • Options
    @annabenanna NOPE! She just told me to tell him to keep cooking lol. I just shrugged and rolled my eyes (this was all via text since we're in different states). Whatever, not my circus... it'll be interesting when I go on maternity leave!

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @julia70286 my boss is totally in denial about my maternity leave. We have an industry awards dinner on Oct. 27. I'm due Oct. 28, so I said don't worry about buying me a seat at the table. If baby is still cooking, I'll be so big and uncomfortable by then I won't want to be there with my team while they drink and have a grand time. 

He replied to me email with, "Oh, you'll still be here and you're going."

He wasn't being rude - at all - were good friends. But, he's definitely ignoring the fact that I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @copperboom86 it looks great!
    @annabenanna I love his name! Glad you were able to agree :) 
  • Options
    @F47 Oh jeez. Hopefully he changes his tune soon! But hey, at least the cost for the seat at the event isn't out of your pocket lol!

@SpaceBurger I hope they get the office situation worked out! We were going to do Disneyland yesterday and I took one look at DH and just said NOPE. I can't go on anything good, it's hot and my feet are giant and swollen. Just nope. 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options

I am now freaking out.... officially.

This weekend I stopped by Marshalls and there it was, welcoming me, as a reminder that I am out of time... Halloween stuff all over the place....

And I began to read this... specially @annabenanna about the tubs, then I realized that....

I have nothing not even the crib.... Yesterday just finished painting the nursery.

There's so much to do and so little time (and energy).

Good thing about reading this I panicked and just ordered online a travel system hahaha... Now I feel a little less stressed...

BTW is it safe to use the PNP newborn napper? at least the very firsts month?  

• Options
    @ashleyp625, I got so excited last night when we were reading "the Baby Name Wizard" book when we came across his 2nd name.  I feel like we've opened and re-opened that book and searched, but maybe it wasn't the right time?  Because nothing clicked before.... till last night. :)  

@mayisch, i'm saaarrry!!  I must be making everyone nervous and anxious with my "we don't have a bathtub yet!" post. lol.  
  • Options
    @annabenanna I think we were nervous and anxious before your post, we were just waiting for someone else to point that out... It should be a new thread... will have lots of comments, you can count on that
  • Options
    @mayisch We used the bassinet insert in our Chicco Lullaby Playard (which is similar to the newborn napper only it spans the entire playard) for the first few months with our first.  You just have to read the weight limit and stop using it once baby hits that weight.
  • Options
    My work is getting super prepared for me leaving unlike some of you. My boss told me that I am quick getting things done and she is nervous others won't be as quick. So as an accountant the beginning of each month we start closing the month prior, so starting Thursday I will be training like crazy............
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just love you ladies and it's good to know when shit pops off, everyone's ready. 

I'm so in love with this post... I can't love it enough.