October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 08.29.16

Re: Weekly Randoms 08.29.16

• Options
    CopperBoom86  My recommendation would be to print it off and cut out the letters and trace around the letters onto the cross.  Or I'd print it on card stock or a heavier paper and use a razor blade to cut out the letters and then fill it in, similar to making your own stencil. 
    I thought about that, but the insides of the lowercase letters are so small! Maybe I could get some smaller scissors and do it that way. I don't even own a charcoal pencil lol.  

DH transferred images using wax paper and mirror image onto wooden beer crates for his groomsmen. I will ask him exactly how he did it tonight
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I just yesterday got a stroller that has an attachment for an older kid to ride along, my sisters bought me an ergobaby carrier, and a new car seat for dd since until now we've only had one car but now have two so both girls needed a new car seat. 

I still haven't gotten anything out of storage from older dd. The only thing I've managed to do we clear out dd's room to make room for the crib in case we still are here when the baby makes an appearance (see Monday bf for angry me about our closing). 

I feel so behind but can't manage to work up the energy to get any of it done! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like the randoms thread has turned into a confessions thread of all we have to do still, lol!  I'm totally in the same boat.  I went to Ikea this weekend and got shelves, shoe holders for the swaddle blankets (can't remember who to thank on that idea), and picture frames.  Even though I'm due 10/2 or 9/28 (csection), my shower isn't until 9/11.  I've gotten a lot of the things we need and have made a back-up emergency list of things we NEED if we don't get them on 9/11.  We figured out what video monitor, bath tub, and white noise machine we want.. we just haven't received them as gifts.. Holding out hope!

What movies are you ladies hoping to go see before the baby arrives?  I saw Bad Moms but would like to see one or two other movies before the LO arrives.  I SOOO wish I could see Bridget Jones' Baby before the LO arrives but he will be here before.
  • Options
    @Piperella, my boss just gave me 2 tix to an early screening to Bridget Jones' baby!!! :)  We are gonna see it on 9/7! :)

And yes, totally a confession thread now, on how we've procrastinated. LOL
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 the way you described is almost exactly how I do it when I do transfers. Instead of doing a mirror image, I just use a soft pencil on the back of the paper, and trace over the letters on the front onto whatever I'm transferring too. I'm just careful not to press too hard on areas that I don't want transferred.

+1 for the cheap and easy baby bath with sling... we got a 4moms tub at our shower, returned it for the 50.00 credit and got a BRU brand tub on sale for 13 bucks. Our big shower is next week and we're hoping to get a lot ofour necessities then! I'll probs be freaking out come next monday!

Anyone know if you can use the BRU completion coupon in conjunction with any sales they're having? I know they have a clause that says cannot be combined with other offers, but just curious if anyone has experience otherwise. I'm assuming they'll have some sort of Labor Day sale, so that would be cool. Either way we'll try and take advantage of that!

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited August 2016
    CopperBoom86  My recommendation would be to print it off and cut out the letters and trace around the letters onto the cross.  Or I'd print it on card stock or a heavier paper and use a razor blade to cut out the letters and then fill it in, similar to making your own stencil. 
    I thought about that, but the insides of the lowercase letters are so small! Maybe I could get some smaller scissors and do it that way. I don't even own a charcoal pencil lol.  

if you are doing this on wood-

1. Print the name out in the font you want on computer paper

2. Cut out the name as a long piece

3. Color the whole back of the paper with pencil- you can use a regular pencil

4. Tape paper onto the cross and use a pen to trace the letters- make sure to press hard

5. Remove paper

This will create a stencil for you on the actual cross- you just need to fill it in with marker or paint.

• Options
    @annabenanna  oOOOH!  So jealous!! Have a great time!!  I just looked it up while pouting and saw that it actually opens 9/16 so there's still a chance we can see it!  Definitely one of the last date nights we will have!  YAY for pregnancy brain being wrong on movie premiere dates.
  • Options
    MKJeffrey2002MKJeffrey2002 member
    edited August 2016
    For the tub we got the blooming babies thing for sink baths and the Fisher Price Calming Waters Vibration  Tub.  It wasn't the model I wanted.  I picked that one up because I was given a Kohls gift card at my shower and didn't need any more clothes.
  • Options
    CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I printed out one copy and lined it with packing tape to cut out and use as a stencil and one copy to do @serenaxo84 's method. We'll see which one ends up working better! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Julia70286 BRU wouldn't combine any sales or offers with our registry completion coupon. I'm starting to hate BRU. We had so much trouble with them. Target was so much easier, they give you 15% off instead of 10% and you can combine with sales.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Show us what it looks like when done,  @CopperBoom86
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 hahahahah hulk smash

• Options
    You guys, I just took a nap in my car during my lunch break.  I felt so zapped of energy!  

Is this gonna be what the last few weeks is like?  If so, it's comparable to first tri! lol
  • Options
    Oh no, @SpaceBurger!  Maybe they didn't notice.
  • Options
    OH NO. I have my printer set up on the ground at work, and I was leaning over to pick up an paper........AND I FARTED. Then someone walked into my office IN THAT SAME MOMENT. 

I should just quit right now. Just walk out and never come back. 
    lol.  I was walking down the hall to the ladies room last week and farted.  I thought to myself 'thank goodness that happened when nobody was around, now I can clench until I make it to the bathroom.'  Well apparently, even with advanced warning AND ACTIVELY TRYING NOT TO FART, I couldn't manage it and made it three steps before i tooted again.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @SpaceBurger - I'm sorry, but that's hilarious. Did they react like they heard???
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Piperella  I am so looking forward to Bridget Jones' Baby!  That was going to be my FFFC, but perhaps it's not as flame-worthy amongst this crowd ;) 
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Options
    LOL @SpaceBurger!!!  OMG.  AND it was a guy?  I'm mortified for you!  But whatever, he'll get over it!
  • Options
    @LGW2015 ... Jealous of your PSL. I went to go get one this AM but the line at DD was too long for me to justify. Now I wish I had.

on the tub convo- are y'all saying this tub is going to suck during the tiny little baby stage? Looks like there's no netting to go in the infant tub. Also, I have zero plans to use the toddler tub. This was only $35 so right in line with any other regular tub. Should I return it and get a regular tub that'll cost about the same?

• Options
    mizzkbrat said:
    I squeeze my boobs, and I have liquid coming out of them now..... Holllyyyy shizzzzzzz
    @mizzkbrat I told DH my nickname is now "leaky lefty"  :p
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited August 2016
    @annabenanna you're freaking me out lol I'm enjoying my la la land of not paying attention to the stuff I still need but @AllyTheKid it's almost September is making me go AHHHHH...I'm going for a nap lol

I FINALLY found someone that is going to have a daycare spot open for Sept 2017, so I'm meeting her (tbd) to see if we mesh.  That's one stress thing off my mind....now to get stuff for my postpartum care that apparently my Walmart doesn't feel the need to carry.

@SpaceBurger +1 on being hilarious! Definitely something you'll laugh about later though I'm sure we've all been there (okay I know I have).

@mizzkbrat I randomly squeeze my boobs now to make sure they're still leaking.  Love seeing it lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    @mizzkbrat #squeezers
    #MilkingTheBoob
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    I feel so vain for saying this but here it goes:

DH just found 3 little "scratches" on my belly. Nope, they're stretch marks and I cried. I was somehow hoping I'd be one of those unicorn women that didn't get them. 
    I had an intense itch on my belly a week ago.  After scratching it, it turned red, and I also thought I had made scratch marks on myself.  Nope, it was a stretch mark. two of them to be precise.  Now my belly buttom itches and I'm scared of what else is going to pop up :tongue:
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Options
    @piperella I'm hoping to see The Light Between Oceans. It was such a good book! 

@Sprinkels28 I know you asked hours ago, but I'm stressed about leaving my kids with a sub at work. Especially my 4th grade beginners- I'm stuck with them for the next 5 years if they suck! And my middle schoolers have to put on a concert when I get back- yikes. 

I woke up with some mild cramping this morning and I was talking to my mom about it. She asked if I was ready and I realized that while there are things I'd like to get done first, I'd be ready enough if he came. Crazy to think that he could! Now ready at work? Completely different story...
  • Options
    @lgw2015 like sales like regular sales or other coupons 
  • Options
    @ashleyp625 done that before! I justify it by telling myself that it's okay bc DH is still doing low carb so I'm the only one eating from it.
  • Options
    LOL. I figured I was finishing it tonight- what's the point of dirtying a bowl?! @bnsmith85
  • Options
    oh man @ashleyp625 you're killin me 
  • Options
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @emmaaa that happened to me at 37 weeks with number one and I cried and cried.. now with number four those two stretch marks are just a sad distant memory.. :(
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 We had that tub for DD and it worked out just fine. We never had any problems with it. I was always super nervous bathing her as a newborn, but this tub worked out well. We used it until she could sit really well on her own and use the actual bathtub.