January 2017 Moms
Options

MBF 8.29

Lets hear it ladies!
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MBF 8.29

• Options
    I have a Facebook friend (fellow sorority alum who graduated the semester before I pledged, so really an acquaintance), who is also pregnant right now and her posts are driving me crazyyyyyy! She is always an over-sharer, but pregnancy has taken her to a whole new level. Like, sorry girl, but no one needs to know that you threw up every single time it happens. Or that you've changed your mind on the name *again* when you're only 12 weeks pregnant and, based on the 3 other times you've changed your mind in the last week, you'll probably change your mind again.  She's had a hard time getting to this point (as her Facebook friend, I've been privy to that info) and I totally get that she's excited but seriously  - there are some things that not everyone needs to know. 

Note to self - I need remove this girl's posts from my news feed so I don't see them every time I check it and get irrationally angry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is more of a whine, but I feel like I can bitch about it. I'm worn out from this pregnancy. The first three months were fine, but I feel like the past two  months have been nothing but trials for me.

- My work has been incredibly stressful since the beginning of the new fiscal year (July 1)
    -When I was 14 weeks I got bad news from an ultrasound that said the baby was in danger of not making it. (4 weeks later everything looked good though)
    -My baby nephew was diagnosed with this super rare 3 in a million disease (Turns out it was the milder form and not deadly)
    -Last week my old dog hurt his back and after lots of tests, has a cocktail of drugs to help him get better, but is on crate rest for the next 4-6 weeks.
    -My young dog, decided that I needed more stress and has learned to escape our backyard. It is always a moment of panic when I can't find him because we live near a busy street and I have seen many pets hit.
    -And the icing on top, last night old dog started coughing, and coughing up pink mucus and was really weak. Cue a trip to the Emergency Vet late last night. He now has pneumonia on top of his back problems. But after IVs and antibiotics he is doing much better this morning.

I am just about ready to crawl in a hole and stay there until January. I can't adult anymore. I will spend my days binge watching Friends and Boy Meets World.

• Options
    @AmRe214 Sorry to hear about your dogs health not being so great. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today can just eff off. We took DD to the beach this past weekend and stayed with my aunt who lives there. Normally it's my favorite place to be, but while pregnant, I can't partake in the usual bar hopping, etc that tends to take place. The beach itself exhausted me, I got stung by a jellyfish, I had to stay back at the house with DD while DH and my aunt went out to the bars at night, and since I ended up sharing a bed with DD, I barely got any sleep due to all of her rolling around. 

We finally got back home yesterday and all I want is a good nights sleep in MY bed. Nope, between DH's snoring and DD's coughing, I was pretty much up all night. Then I come into work this morning after a 4 day weekend to find that shit hit the fan while I was away and everybody at the office is in a terrible mood. 

I want a do-over!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    If one more person tells me to have the baby before the end of 2016, I'm going to flip. My baby will be born when he is healthy and ready for birth. I understand I'll probably be frustrated by that point, but seriously, people have to stop with the comments about him coming early. It's also not cute to comment on him being here for Christmas. He'll be here when he's flipping ready!

Also I finally started my prescription for acid reflux today (Prevacid). It took days for the doctor's office to call it in because they "forgot." Then it took the store a few days to fill it, because they're so busy. Like clearly none of you have suffered from acid reflux (which I did before pregnancy and now it's out of control) or you would be moving so much faster here! 
  • Options
    My neighbor across the street is getting a new driveway or patio or something I don't know.  All I've been hearing all morning is BEEP BEEP BEEP every 3 seconds when the trucks are backing up.  Now I'm paranoid about how loud they are because DS2 is napping after having a kind of weird wake MOTN last night and he needs his rest. DS1 just got over a weird fever and I'm worried the baby is getting it now. I know that I can't expect people not to make noise obviously but it's just bad timing for us. 

• Options
    @KarliQ88 which blood test? If it's MaterniT or something like that you can call the company and tell them your insurance won't cover and they cut the cost down to $150-300 depending on where you are/ what your insurance WOULD have covered 
  • Options
    I'm so over these leg cramps. I woke up at 4am on Thursday with bilateral Charley horses that just would not go away. The left leg felt better Saturday, but it's still hard to bear weight on the right leg on and off. I'm super hydrated, I'm full of potassium, and now I'm just cranky over this.
  • Options
    I am so sick of being sick. I'm supposed to do the 3 hour glucose test and I can't bring myself to schedule it because I'm so sick and it's fucking torture. NO I can't fast you assholes, then purposely crash my blood sugar!? Efffffff youuuuuuu
  • Options
    Food poisoning can fuck off. The end. 
  • Options
    I swear my neighbor get's his front lawn mowed every single day and for 4 hours a day! I am trying to watch TV and all I can hear is the lawn mower/blower/etc. Also.. He lawn guys blow the leaves into my drive way which end up piling themselves right at the carport door so we start trekking leaves into the hours constantly. I was going to say something yesterday but I was super hormonal yesterday and everything seemed to be making me pissed so I am waiting a couple days to cool off. Our neighbors are actually really nice people lol 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @AmRe214 I agree, I did a little FB rant about it and said the same thing lol. It's a sign of respect to those serving in the military and to the families of those who have fallen while serving. So far I've gotten a friend saying 'what are you talking about, I've seen tons of backlash that he's gotten.' 

I never said he didn't get backlash, I've just seen 1 too many meme's and fb comments about it not being a law and to stop complaining about it...and honestly their have been many news stations who have said it was wrong, but their are just as many who are 'shrugging' it off and being very w/e about it. 

I shouldn't be surprised, I get that things are skewed, I was just SO tired of my personal news feed seeing meme after meme and post after post of some of my friends saying it shouldn't be a big deal. And in almost EVERY case they were the ones who were saying the opposite in the Chick-Fil-A scenario I gave. 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited August 2016
    We moved into our new house this weekend after 2 wks of spending every day after work there preparing it, painting, etc. I'm so over being so exhausted so quick. I've been good and haven't been lifting things that are too heavy, I'm still drinking 120oz of water a day, I'm taking it easier than usual, but I'm worn out and my body hurts. I just want to be unpacked and settled, and I just want my old energy, ability, and motivation back! 
    We've moved several times in the last 10 years, including across the country twice, and it's never been this hard.

I feel like a bank account that had a million dollars in it, and now there's only $5 left. All the money that kept me going strong is down to a few dollars, and I can feel the end of it coming. Thankfully, my big "return" is the tiny movements I feel from baby. At 18 weeks they are tiny and still infrequent, but no matter how drained I feel, when baby reminds me she's there, I smile and feel so much better.

ETA: analogy
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    We're just starting to tell people about this pregnancy. A lot of the responses we got back have been "I knew it / I totally guessed it!". All I really needed was a congratulations, not details of your guessing games based on my belly (I'm still comfortably fitting in all my clothes and eating habits...I get more annoyed when they follow up with "Oh, I just had a feeling!" (re: how they knew).

Totally irrational feelings because I'm sure they mean well, but...sigh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @emy730 i am with you... pregnancy insomnia can burn in hell. i'm sorry you're going through this, but i'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling. we need to start a support group, complete with punching bags where we can take out our anger (or is that just me? that's fine.).
  • Options
    colleenkevincolleenkevin member
    edited August 2016
    @emy730 yes yes yes!!!  With my daughter having nightmares for the last few weeks, getting up to pee 1-2 times a night, and my husband snoring I don't need this insomnia making it impossible to fall asleep between wake-ups.  I had just fallen asleep after being up for 1.5 hours because I needed to use the bathroom when DD started crying and screaming "No go away...No No No Go Away....*crying* Mommy Mamamama" and woke me up.  I don't know what the girl is dreaming of but it's really disturbing her.

@AmRe214 I'm so sorry to hear about your last few months being so hard :disappointed: I hope brighter days are right around the corner.  

My MBF is that my boss's boss asked me if I could fly to California for a client meeting this week, which is actually a good opportunity that I shouldn't pass up unless necessary, so I said yes. I'm regretting it and wishing I had said no.  DD has been having nightmares, I'm worried my MIL (who is watching DD) will "forget" that she's allergic to dairy again and make her sick, 6 hours in a pressurized cabin sounds horrible even with walking around and bathroom breaks.  I am equal parts mad at myself for saying yes and proud of myself for taking this opportunity even though it's not going to be an easy week.  Maybe I'll sleep on the plane.  Insomnia has been kicking my butt lately and I'm tired ALL.THE.TIME.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I have another one. 

I work for a magazine as the sole designer. We have a team of a few editors who think they know how to go in and make changes to documents. However, they don't usually. It ends up adding 15 minutes to each of my documents each time they touch one. It's so frustrating, but I don't know how to ask them nicely to stop making changes and just send them to me so I can make them. I really just want to say, "Stop fucking with my files and let me do my part of the job. I don't tell you how to write, please just stay out of the design side!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emy730 said:
    Preg-somnia can go straight to hell! I am beyond sick of waking up at 2 a.m. and not being able to get back to sleep.

@emy730

Girl yes!!! I am so sick of this!! I feel like I am getting NO sleep at all!

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sick of people telling me that maybe baby will be a New Years baby...like shut up, it's not likely to happen, and if I hear it one more time I'm gonna snap. 

Also so pregnancy rage is extreme at the moment, every little thing is setting me off. Kid just threw her rope behind the couch, on purpose, and is now freaking out because it's gone. WELL TOO BAD
  • Options
    I have to take an online class for continuing education. It's unpaid and takes 8 hours plus all the interacting crap I have to do in the forums. I don't have time for this and I'm not motivated to do it. 
  • Options

Help!!!! I'm stuck inside a text box. 
    Anyway...
    I HATE when people tell me "take care of yourself" or "don't eat ______. Studies are linking it to _____." like telling me what to do like i haven't heard it a trillion times! "Oh really??? Take care of myself? Jeez. Thanks for telling me to do that. I was just about to go drunk driving but your advice I've never heard before stopped me from doing that." I'm so sick of everyone's opinions. I literally blew up at a corworker who had to tell me why "breast is best" after i said i plan on formula feeding. I went on for about a 5minute rant about how it's my choice and only i know what is best. After i was done she is wide eyed and was like "well everyone is entitled to their own opinions." like my son isn't even born yet and I'm already being judged by other mothers. I just want to jump down someones throat when they give me pregnancy advice, labor advice or parenting advice. If i want it I'll ask for it. I could go on and on about the unwanted advice ive gotten from peoplem....I'm just over it. But of course the worst is "be sure to take care of yourself."....really?? REALLY?
  • Options
    We're renovating a house which isn't easy to begin with, but my husband keeps making these dumb mistakes and it makes me want to kill him!! He's very handy, and we're lucky that we haven't had to add to our cost by hiring outside help. 

We're doing concrete counter tops. He orders the supplies, they arrive, he ordered the wrong color because he assumed they would be white and why bother double checking with the company before ordering hundreds of dollars worth of product. Ugh!! 

Waited two weeks for the correct stuff to be delivered, he didn't order enough of it!! Now we only have half of the countertops done and have to order another freaking shipment! 

We don't want to lay floors until the countertops are done, so that we don't have to worry about concrete getting on them. Best case scenario we finish the counter tops in 2 weeks which means floors won't be in for another 3. 

I just want want to move into our new house and have my own space again! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Woke up with a cold. Blah is it 5 yet I need DH luckily ds is being mellow today. 
  • Options
    @KarliQ88 Ugh, I'm so sorry you're getting hit with unwanted advice.  When she was pregnant, my SIL was informed by the woman who did her waxes (seriously, mid-wax this conversation happened) that she shouldn't use formula because it's poison junk food due to the corn syrup in it.  Meanwhile, I was about 6 months postpartum around the same time and my MIL told me I was basically a cow (actually used the word cow to describe me...) for not having weaned onto formula.  You literally can't win - no matter what you do someone will disagree with your decisions and the rude ones will be bold enough to tell you.  I've been told absurd things about many of our decisions, but feeding and sleeping seem to be the ones people are most vocal about.  I know pretty soon discipline will become the big topic people will share unsolicited advice with me about and I'm not stoked.

My best advice is to try to find a phrase you are comfortable using that will just shut it down as soon as someone starts.  I like, "<Husband> and I are already very well informed on this topic and have made our decision, but thank you."  Any time I have tried to justify or give reasons for why we do things it never goes well, so I've given up trying.  You can tell when someone is not at all interested in your decision-making process and just wants to shove their opinion on you.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @emy730 Is there any way to lock or password protect your files?  We had someone at work constantly changing some files.  We ended up password protecting them and now all our numbers always make sense since he can go in a mess with them.

I am so very tired.  This is my busy time of year.  Working 11 hour days and weekends on top of sleeping poorly and random wake-up by DS in the MOTN is killing me.  I'm getting off early today for an OB appointment.  I feel like I should do something productive when I get home but I'm definitely going to nap instead.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just found out Gene Wilder passed away. Why is it always someone great that dies? Also what is it about this year that all these icons are dying???

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ashanne88 unfortunately no, these can't be locked because they have to referenced all the time. Even after they have been published. I seriously wish they could be though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh great, my puking has started back up again. :(

I thought I was just going to have to deal with nausea and that puking was done, but oh no, it's back. And somehow I managed to get puke all over my shirt. So that was super fun to clean in my work bathroom.

I am just over it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sick of people telling me that maybe baby will be a New Years baby...like shut up, it's not likely to happen, and if I hear it one more time I'm gonna snap. 
    Haha. I just tell people he's definitely going to be a new year's baby so I don't have to hear them say it first. I don't think people understand that unless you're having a scheduled c-section or something, a due date is not a literal guarantee of date of birth. My MIL keeps insisting our LO is going to be born on January 10th. His due date actually is January 1st. I want to slap her every time she says it for wishing a 41w2d pregnancy on me--that's so messed up.
  • Options
    Mine: We bought a house recently. The inspector came while I was out of town and OH said, "He inspected everything except for the roof... because it's really hard to get up there. He instead got on the roof of the garage and examined the roof with binoculars."

Guess where we had a leak over the weekend? That's right, the roof.

Our home warranty doesn't cover the roof. Here's hoping the inspection company pays for their oversight.
  • Options
    @canavara Oh I would be livid! Hopefully they are willing to cover their mistake.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bad days of second tri morning sickness while babies flip flop around in my ute is a special brand of awful  :s
  • Options
    I'm so tired of people at work commenting on what I eat. Before I was pregnant, I was known for being a health nut (I survived on quinoa, turkey sausage and fruits/veggies). 
    While I still eat tons of fruits and veggies, I usually eat something quick for lunch since I hardly ever get a "true lunch."
    If I here one more comment about what I put in my mouth, I think I may go crazy. Yes, I am eating a frozen meal right now, because the doctor or you are going to request me to find something for you in 2.5 seconds and I won't get another break until 5 PM. 
  • Options
    @TinaBelcher preach girl. Food poisoning is kicking my ass but add on moving baby stirring stuff up? Kill me now.