January 2017 Moms

8/28 Sunday Ticker Change

moosette113moosette113 member
edited August 2016 in January 2017 Moms
Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes making this :)

How far along are you? What's new with baby?
Have you done anything this week to prepare for your baby?
Rants / raves/ symptoms / questions:
When's your next appointment?
GTKY: What's your earliest memory from childhood?

*edited to add a word
*************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: 8/28 Sunday Ticker Change

• How far along are you? What's new with baby?
    18 weeks and I THINK I might have felt some bubbles/flutters yesterday, but it also could have been my insides reverberating to the explosions in the new Jason Bourne movie. I guess I'll know for sure when I feel them again.
    Went on the last hospital tour on our list and decided to go with the first hospital we saw a few weeks ago. It doesn't have the possibility on cord blood donation on site, nor does it have a level one neonatal unit (which will freak MIL out, so we probably just won't tell her), but I know I'll get personalized attention at this location and will ultimately have a lower chance of getting a c-section.
    Just the heat, and how even lying completely still in front of a fan barely takes the edge off. I'll be happy for the rain storms tonight.
    Wednesday. Maybe if the little one cooperates we can find out the sex, otherwise it looks like we have to wait until October for our anatomy scan.
    I'm not sure if I actually remember this, or if I've been told the story enough times that my brain was tricked into "remembering", but I have this distinct image of playing tag and chasing my mom around an ottoman when I was around 2 years old.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    I'm 19 weeks.  I still haven't been able to really feel the baby besides flutters even though this is my 2nd pregnancy.  I have an AP so it's not uncommon, but disappointing because that is my very favorite part of pregnancy.
    I added more things on my registries.  I don't expect people to buy for the 2nd one, but I want the discounts and I'm having a hard time remembering the things that catch my eye.  I bought a Pack N Play from Target today since it was an extra 10% off.  I also bought cool vintage airplane decor from Hobby Lobby for the nursery. Also had the anatomy scan and all is good with baby
    I am just SO tired.
    Sept. 20th
    I was three and playing in the bath tub with a dog toy that when you turned part of his collar, his head went back and forth

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? What's new with baby? 18wks, I feel baby move once in a while.
    Have you done anything this week to prepare for your baby? I bought a few little things at a thrift store. 
    Rants / raves/ symptoms / questions: I'm so sick of seasonal allergies that I finally broke down and took some otc meds that are ok to take while pregnant. 
    When's your next appointment? Sept 14th, A/S, so excited! 
    GTKY: What's your earliest memory from childhood? I remember my first day of head start when I was 4.
    20 weeks--half way!  SHE (now that we know the sex!) is the size of a paper airplane apparently!
    We had the anatomy scan last week (which revealed partial placenta previa that I'm bummed about but otherwise  baby looks good!).  We are still working away at our downstairs remodeling.  Hoping to be close to painting down there soon.
    Being this hungry is insanely annoying.  I don't have the money or time for this.  I was already a snacker, so its really over the top now.   
    DH and one of the girls have felt the baby move multiple times now so thats fun.
    Wednesday with my midwife.  Still waiting on a phone call to see when my follow up ultrasound is to see if the placenta moves.

I think it would be my dad and step mom getting married when i was 3ish.  I remember being really worried about how people had written all over the car and decorated it strangely. haha.
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • MandiB07 said:
    How far along are you? What's new with baby?
    I'm 19 weeks.  I still haven't been able to really feel the baby besides flutters even though this is my 2nd pregnancy.  I have an AP so it's not uncommon, but disappointing because that is my very favorite part of pregnancy.
    I added more things on my registries.  I don't expect people to buy for the 2nd one, but I want the discounts and I'm having a hard time remembering the things that catch my eye.  I bought a Pack N Play from Target today since it was an extra 10% off.  I also bought cool vintage airplane decor from Hobby Lobby for the nursery. Also had the anatomy scan and all is good with baby
    I am just SO tired.
    Sept. 20th
    I was three and playing in the bath tub with a dog toy that when you turned part of his collar, his head went back and forth

@MandiB07

I'm doing the same with registries even though we're on #3.  Amazon has a great completion discount.

As far as tiredness--could your iron be low?  
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • How far along are you? What's new with baby? 22 weeks! Just had my A/S and baby is already over a pound... wow. Still so little, but sounds SO big, esp. cause he's measuring over a week ahead. It's weird to me, though, because I can still sleep on my stomach and I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. How is there a one pound+ blob floating around in there already!

I finally cleaned out the dresser, desk, and closet in the baby's room. I think we're in agreement on a paint color, too. Once we change up the light fixture in the room, we'll move the furniture out, paint, and move the baby's furniture in... crazy! We also agreed on a middle name. Makes everything start to seem real (I think I say this every week). 

Rave: My food aversions are now all officially gone. I can eat avocados and carrots again! (those were the last aversions left) Symptoms: Pregnancy insomnia is horrible and is making everyday a struggle. I hate taking any types of meds, but I am asking my doc this week what I can take because I cannot take this much longer. Rant: Baby bump is still in the beer belly stage. Even I'll look in the mirror and forget I'm pregnant and think I'm getting fat. Just become a real bump already!

Tuesday... just regular OBGYN. Couldn't have them back to back since I had to change the dates last minute... it's my 20 week appt at 22 weeks... oh well. 

I'm going to sound like a crazy person here, but I remember when I was three I tried to push my then-infant brother down the stairs ( :#). There was lots of yelling at me, so that's probably why I remember it so well. Luckily he has forgiven me now :).
  • 22 weeks! Babies are getting much bigger (holy cow I can feel it, verrrry front heavy now) and I'm feeling both moving around as of the last few days!

We worked on the nursery more this weekend. Main closet is prepped for paint, closet doors are prepped for stain, trim is all cut and just needs installation, 40 year old outlets were all replaced (and then removed when I couldn't figure out which was tripping the breaker EFF THAT calling an electrician friend out lol!) and the dresser is assembled.

Rant- eff morning sickness forever and ever. Also my mega wimpy stamina is bumming me out. And heartburn can die a firy death. Rave- feeling both babies move is so awesome/ strange, I love it! 

Fetal echocardiogram and growth scan tomorrow, longest appointment everrrr

Eating green beans at my in home DC, I stopped going there at preschool or kindergarten but boy do I remember the taste and smell of those green beans and the look of that room we played in! 
    21 Weeks.  We found out at our 20 week A/S last week that we are having a girl! 

We registered for everything.  We still need to finish clearing out the former office/ junk room so we can start getting the nursery ready.  Ideally I want to have it complete before the 3rd trimester starts.

TONS of heartburn.  Both my husband and I were born with full heads of hair, and I have heard this is the only old wives tale with any scientific backing- so it shouldn't surprise me that I have heartburn so badly.  

September 19th with my OB.  She said I had no tests or anything for a month so recommends this time for babymoons.  

Like PP I don't know if this is an actual memory or just one that has been told so many times I have visualized it.  I was at a birthday party when I was around 3 and we started playing barber shop- we used real scissors, but I remember being in a room full of other girls and taking turns sitting in a chair and laughing.  It's all fun and games, until you have a boy's haircut for years trying to fix the mess of a haircut a group of 3 year olds gives you.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18