August 2016 Moms
Options

Post birth survey

Survey for moms to complete once your baby is here. Borrowed from July 2016 board. This is meant to be different than the birth story on the announcement thread, with answers relativity short. If there are certain questions you would like to elaborate on or skip please feel free. I Loved reading this thread while I was still pregnant and it will be cool to see how different or similar each lady's pregnancy and birth were. Please keep this survey chatter free. Enjoy!

The Basics:
- Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?:
- What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+):
- What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP):
- How many babies did you deliver at this birth?:
- Babies sex?:
- When did you start to show?:
- How far along were you when you delivered?:
- How big was baby?:
- Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?:
- Favorite part about being pregnant?:
- Least favorite part about being pregnant?:
- If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?:

Labor and Delivery:
-Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?:
- Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?:
- Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?:
- Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?:
- Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?:
- Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?:
- Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.:
- Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?:
- STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?:
- C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?:
- A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere):
- What type of pain management did you use?:
- Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?:
- If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?:

Advice:
- What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self?
- What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? 
- What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? 
- What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? 
- Best advice another parent gave you?
- Worse advice another parent gave you?

Favorites:
- Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes:
- Favorite foods while pregnant:
- Favorite activity while pregnant:

Common Symptoms:
- Did you have morning sickness? What helped?
- Did you have heartburn? What helped?
- Were you constipated?  What helped?
- Did you have any swelling? What helped?
- Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped

Random Questions:
- Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind?
- Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth?
- When did you first feel baby kick?
- When did you partner first feel baby kick?
- Did you have any nesting urges?
- Did you go on a babymoon? Where?
- Pregnancy sex, yay or nay?
- What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy?
- Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy?
- Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones?
- Any food aversions while pregnant?

Anything else you’d like to share?

Re: Post birth survey

• Options
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: FTM
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 25-29
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN, Midwife and obgyn present at birth
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: 1
    - Babies sex?: female
    - When did you start to show?: 15 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39+6
    - How big was baby?: 8 pounds 8 ounces 22"
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: vaginal birth
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: feeling her kicks and always having her with me!
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: unwanted advice/people being impatient for me to deliver/answering the same questions to strangers (sex, name etc)
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?:

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: yes
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: yes I did at 38 weeks, just crappy prodromal labor for 24 hours
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: spontaneous labor started Wednesday, had a scheduled induction Thursday at 2am went in for induction with contractions 8 minutes apart
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: yes I tried it all, sex, castor oil, third trimester tea, etc. They did not induce labor.
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: i was like a kid on Christmas Eve! 
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: I was just told to eat something before going in 
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: Technically contractions started at 11am Wednesday and I delivered Thursday at 11:51pm but labored for 22 hours in the hospital
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?:
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): my birth story is in the announcement thread. One thing I would add would be I was thankful to have one of my good friends from work be my nurse. She left the ER to work in L&D. She eased my anxiety and made the experience amazing. 
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Epidural
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?:DH
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: I wouldn't change a thing!

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Enjoy the amazing sleep!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Enjoy your bump every single day, you're going to be really uncomfortable later in.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Dont be so impatient for delivery. You really will miss your belly!
    - Best advice another parent gave you? have who you want in the delivery room. This is your experience not your mom's or MILs they had their experiences.

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: motherhood maternity
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: milkshakes and ice cream!
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: eating

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? no
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? tums
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? yes! Colace daily
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? yes it was bad, compression socks
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped 

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? yes from two patients, it was uncomfortable having strangers fondle my belly. I didn't mind people I knew!
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? team Pink
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 18 weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 21 weeks
    - Did you have any nesting urges? yes once we knew we were team Pink I nested hard and did the nursery, I was glad I did that at 22 weeks and not on 3rd trimester! 
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? yes we just went to our cabin in the mountains
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? yay in the first trimester it was AMAZING, nay in 3rd trimester (we did it but was not enjoyable)
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 8 weeks
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? worked up until delivery
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? No
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Chicken in the first trimester

Boy was it hard to get this filled out while trying to nurse and comfort a fussy newborn!
  • Options
    BookhousegirlBookhousegirl member
    edited August 2016

The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: STM
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 25-29 (for 2 more months :) )
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - How many babies did you deliver at this birth?: 1
    - Babies sex?: M
    - When did you start to show?: 13ish weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 38+6
    - How big was baby?: 6lbs12oz
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: Vaginal
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Everyone being nice and helpful
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Being limited in what I was allowed to do

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: Yes, starting at 34 weeks due to preterm labor. 
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: No, my doctor doesn't do these
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: Hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: Spontaneous... I knew because the contractions were intense!
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: Yes, I tried many! spicy food (no), log walks (maybe?) and nipple stimulation/pumping (yes! I went into labor almost immediately - I think it really made my contractions that I was already having intense enough to progress me)
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?:
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.:
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 1st contraction at 2:45pm, LO was born at 7:15pm, so 4.5 hrs
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Birth story posted in announcement thread... Not much more to add, except this second time was much easier than DS1! 
    - What type of pain management did you use?: I got an epidural, but LO was delivered only 10 minutes after it was placed (anesthesiologist was still in the room!) so it didn't actually do anything.
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: DH and my Mom
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: Nothing, except a different nurse (mine was a total b)

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Don't rush that bump! It will come and you will regret not enjoying your clothes more!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Get as much done now as you can, because you're about to be useless!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Be patient, enjoy your time with DS1 as an only child. 
    - Best advice another parent gave you? Tag team with DH, don't both do everything together, especially the night, because you will both get worn out. 
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? "You think it's bad now, just wait, it only gets worse" (my MIL)

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: ASOS
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Mexican
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Reading

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yes, hard candies
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes, Zantac
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? Yes, lots of water and collace
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? No
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? 

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? No
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Blue
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 18ish weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 22ish weeks
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yes, especially the last month
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? No, put on travel restrictions and modified bed rest at 34 weeks
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Nay
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? Technically 5 - but only because I was still being monitored from my miscarriage. 
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Working part time
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? No
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? not really

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: ftm!
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 27
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): ob 
    - Babies sex?: boy
    - When did you start to show?: 15 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39.3
    - How big was baby?: 6 pounds 1 ounce
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: vaginal
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: the third tri, I felt the best and loved my belly 
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: hyperemesis gravardrum made me so sick for so long 

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: yes one I was only one cm 
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?   no
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Hospital 
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: my water broke 
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: I ate pineapple and sat on a birth ball also walked 
    - How did you feel the night before the birth?: really irritable 
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 14 hours 
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): I was so happy my water broke at home, while I was asleep. I was only two cm when I got to the hospital which was surprising but I had an amazing birth and progressed on my own quickly, pushed for a half hour before baby Landon was born. Was scared of labor but it was great!
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Iv drugs and epidural I would do the epi earlier next time, the Iv made me Ill 
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: hubs and I wanted my mom there 
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: turn the lights off sooner 
    Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Change your dr sooner you'll be glad 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Trust that you won't be sick forever
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Keep up with weekly belly photos and Don't fear unisom 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Breathe more normally to help baby's heart rate 
    - Best advice another parent gave you? Don't listen to others opinions follow your parent intuition 
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? Sleep when baby sleeps doesn't really work for me and that's ok!

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: old navy pink blush 
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: meat and milkshakes 
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: sleeping/propping up my feet on the couch swimming 

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yes needed prescriptions
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes Zantac 150mg 
    - Were you constipated?  Miralax
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? Tylenol if it was really bad

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Just a few it was ok I knew my belly would not always be there
    - When did you first feel baby kick? "Bubble" feeling around 12 weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? Month 6, anterior placenta
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yes wanted the nursery done asap
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? We went to hubs family cottage 
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Yay
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 8 
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Worked until I went into labor
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Yes just the birth class
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? So many! Yogurt veggies fruit milk pb oj hated food mostly 
    i didn't feel prepared when I learned we were having a boy, but he is everything that I didn't know my life was missing
  • Options
    squishy0511squishy0511 member
    edited August 2016
    Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: FTM
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 25-29
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - Babies sex?: male
    - When did you start to show?: around 25 weeks 
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 37w3d
    - How big was baby?: 6lb15oz
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: feeling baby move, and I loved my bump!
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: worrying about baby

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: yes
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: I had one done when I was in active labor at 3cm and 80 effaced- doc said it would help things progress quicker.
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: hospital 
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: I had bloody show/ lost my MP followed by timetable painful contractions. They were 3-5 mins apart off the bat!
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: no, I did eat 6 dates a day starting at 35 weeks but I don't think that contributed.
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 19 hours
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): my baby was sunny side up which made labor intense! I really wanted to be med free, but it didnt happen. However my epidural experience was crappy- it was placed wrong and in return I lost feeling in my legs but could feel every contraction. That sucked because then I was stuck in one position in bed! I had a second epidural placed and that finally worked but I delivered shortly after. On the other hand baby did come out in less than 5 minutes of pushing, sideways, and I had 2 second degree tears that I never felt so I guess that's one good thing about the epidural! Overall though labor was such an amazing experience, I'm greatful for a healthy mom and baby. 
    - What type of pain management did you use?: epidural, oh and a dose of fentanyl
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: just my husband
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: I would have listened to music and my breathing podcasts that I forgot about!

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? To stop stressing about the health of the baby.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Same as above, and to not wear maternity clothes so early because I really didn't need them, haha. 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? To savor everything ! 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? To breathe and try other pain relief techniques like the tub.
    - Best advice another parent gave you? That your birth plan will not go as expected 
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? That my husband would probably pass out and I should have other family in the room. Didn't happen, DH did great! 

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: motherhood 
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: ice cream, hot Cheetos and hot fries, Popsicles, and apples 
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: light weight lifting

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yep! Ginger candies sometimes helped, but really I just had to wait it out. 
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes, I didn't do anything to try to help it though lol. 
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? Yep, occasionally miralax or magnesium. 
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Yes, nothing helped. 
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped: yes, moving slower helped. 

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Yes, I didn't really mind although it was awkward!
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Team blue!
    - When did you first feel baby kick? Around 20 weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? Around 24 weeks 
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yes, the weekend before baby was born!
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? Nope 
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Yay
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 6w3d
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Working 
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? No, I did a lot of reading on hypnobirthing though.
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Yes, pretty much all protein and vegetables lol! 
  • Options

The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 25-29
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): Obgyn
    - When did you start to show?: 15 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: On his due date. 
    - How big was baby?: 7 lbs 14 oz
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Feeling his kicks
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: I lost my appetite for the whole pregnancy and had to force myself to eat. 

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: yes, and used it to check his position, which was different everytime she checked. He flipped quite a few times. 
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: no
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: 
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?:
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: I didn't know I would be induced. 
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: Started pitocin at 2 pm and he was delivered at 7:54 pm. 
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere):
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Posted it on the birth announcements. 
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: DH, my mom and MIL
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: Nothing. I'm so happy with how labor went. 

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? 
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? 

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Target, but I wore just a lot of super stretchy shirts and shorts. 
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: ice cream
    - Favorite activity while pregnant:

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Yes, jolly ranchers. 
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes, I just touched it out. 
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped no

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? No
    - When did you first feel baby kick? 18 weeks
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 20 weeks
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Yes, I wanted the whole house cleaned, but was too tired to actually do it. It drove me crazy. 
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? No
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Nay. I had no sex drive throughout pregnancy. 
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 8 weeks
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Worked pt 3rd shift for the first two months then stayed home, but babysat the rest of pregnancy. 
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? Not this time, but we had just taken them for DDs birth 15 months earlier. 
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Lots of things. I had a hard time finding anything I was hungry for. 

• Options

The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: FTM
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 18-24
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): Midwife.
    - Babies sex?: Male
    - When did you start to show?: 18 weeks.
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 39 weeks 5 days.
    - How big was baby?: 7lbs 7oz
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: Vaginal.
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: Other than the fact that I had just had a miscarriage 5 months prior and was hopeful to actually have a baby, I loved the bond I felt to my baby from the very beginning. 
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: Literally everything else... I had a pretty miserable pregnancy!
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: N/A

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: No.
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: No.
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: We had planned a home birth, so I labored at home, but we ended up in the hospital for the delivery.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: Funny story, I didn't know I was in labor until about 30 minutes before my little one was born! I had a really short labor for a FTM.
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: Yes. I tried walking (which only really helped make the contractions easier), nipple stimulation (caused contractions that never went anywhere), and sex (this one seemed like the winner, though it took a couple times).
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: N/A
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.:N/A
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: About 8 hours.
    - STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?: N/A
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: N/A
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Boy oh boy, was this birth a wild ride. Like I mentioned, I didn't know I was in real labor and not prodromal labor til about 30 minutes before my son was born. In addition to the fact that I was expecting a daughter! I wasn't Team Green, either, just two bad sonogram readings.
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Breathing. I wanted a med-free birth, and was happy that if nothing else went according to plan, at least I got that!
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: Just me and DH.
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: The only reason we transferred to the hospital was because we didn't know my water had broken at 6:30 that morning. LO was super low, and when my water broke, his head had pretty much sealed off my cervix, so barely any leaked. By the time my body decided it was time to start pushing (and it began doing it for me), my midwives knew they weren't close enough to make it to us in time, so we call 911.

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Just because you aren't showing yet, doesn't mean you shouldn't take those bump photos! You'll regret having not documented your pregnancy when it's over.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? This is when you're going to feel your best. Take advantage of it.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Relax. Everything will fall into place.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? I know how it feels, but you're not actually dying. It will be over sooner than you realize.
    - Best advice another parent gave you? Don't be afraid to kick people out at the hospital. Cherish that time with your new family.
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? Someone told me that if I didn't spank my kid they'd grow up to be a criminal with no respect for others or boundaries. Wtf?

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: A local resale shop really stepped up to the plate so I didn't look homeless while pregnant.
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Soup, for some reason. I craved soup like crazy. I quickly became a Panera frequent flyer.
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: I would say sleeping, but near the end, sleeping was more of a physically demanding chore than it was refreshing. I really loved spending time with DH though, doing anything. I knew these were our last few months, just us.

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? I had terrible morning sickness. I barely ate for months. Nothing made it better, but it eventually kind of phased itself out around 14 weeks.
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? I had acid reflux like a mf near the end. I was exhausting by that point of my pregnancy to do anything about it though.
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No.
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? In the last month or so, everytime I was in my kitchen my feet would swell. My solution was Every Meal Will Be Eaten In My Bed.
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? My round ligament pain was pretty constant and really annoying, but my MIL is a chiropractor, so she saved me.

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? One time my mom surprised me by touching my stomach with zero warning. I hate having my personal space invaded, and I know it was just my mom, but I still would have wanted her to say something first.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Pink...
    - When did you first feel baby kick? Around 17 weeks.
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? 18 weeks.
    - Did you have any nesting urges? Didn't everybody??
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? Nope.
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? Yay!
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 7 weeks.
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Staying at home.
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? No.
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? For the first trimester, my body didn't want to keep anything down. I didn't really have any specific aversions, but anything that smelled strong had to go.
  • Options
    The Basics:
    - Are you a FTM, STM, TTM+?: STM (DS will be 2 on September 9th)
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 25-29
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - Babies sex?: female
    - When did you start to show?: around 11-12 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 36w+6d
    - How big was baby?: 6lb 6oz, 19.5"
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: RCS
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?: feeling baby's movements
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?: with both pregnancies in the 3rd tri, I had this burning pain in my right upper quadrant of abdomen (1st time around thought it was gallbladder) - I think it was just a nerve that was angry that my skin was being stretched, with both kiddos, it went away as soon as I delivered.
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?: n/a

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?: no
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  Did they help?: n/a
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: delivered in hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: n/a
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: n/a
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: nervous! RCS scheduled rather quickly due to umbilical cord abnormality, LO was coming 3 weeks early and was so nervous for her to have mature lungs, despite a prior amniocentesis that said they were mature
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.: do your best to relax (easier said than done), have a nice date with DH or spend some quality time with your previous children if you have any
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: n/a
    - STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?: RCS
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: spinal (these are so weird feeling)
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere): Starting at 32 wk was seeing perinatologist for umbilical cord varix (like a varicose vein; poses risk for stillbirth if it clots) so we knew LO would come earlier than planned based on his recommendation to deliver as soon as deemed safe. Underwent twice weekly US and 2 amniocentesis tests before getting the call that lungs were mature enough and that evening my RCS was scheduled for 2 days later. Even though the amnio results were good, was still nervous about her lung development. (My first had breathing difficulties at 38w4d and was taken away from me, never got to even touch him for a few hours and then he was transferred to a NICU 2 hours away from me while I recovered - of course I was terrified this would happen again). When I heard her crying after delivery, I was so relieved and as soon as they cleaned her up they gave her to DH so I could see and touch her in the OR. It was nice to have a much more "normal" experience this time around!
    - What type of pain management did you use?: Once the spinal wore off, Percocet and ibuprofen
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?: Just DH. My parents and MIL were in the waiting room.
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?: n/a

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? Sleep. Stay active.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Same!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? Get as much ready for baby as possible. SLEEP as much as you can before baby arrives.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? n/a
    - Best advice another parent gave you? After my first, SHOWER EVERY DAY - it totally makes you feel so much more human.
    - Worse advice another parent gave you? Let you NB cry it out. Um, no. More appropriate for older babies.

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Cute clothes at Motherhood Maternity BUT cost-wise, totally recommend Target.
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Buffalo chicken wraps, Sour Patch Kids
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: Really just getting as much quality time with DS as I could.

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped? Eh, not really. In the third trimester I did feel nauseous a few times in the morning but nothing consistent. I used the last few Zofran tablets from a prior illness and used peppermint oil behind my ears which really seemed to help quickly!
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes. Tums and/or omeprazole.
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? Only 1-3 times, increased fiber with fruits/veggies or fiber gummies.
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Only in last 2 weeks, very mild and after being on feet working in OR all day - wore compression hose to help.
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped? Yes. Sitting. :)

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Only from 1 co-worker - and no, only because it was her. Anyone else, I would have minded because it's totally awkward.
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth? Team pink!
    - When did you first feel baby kick? I think it may have been around 18w
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick? Oops, don't remember - probably in the late 20's
    - Did you have any nesting urges? YES! I was organizing kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, begging DH to put the crib together!
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? No.
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay? I had terrible libido so never initiated, but enjoyed when it took place.
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy? 6-8 weeks.
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Working FT.
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? No.
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? Not specifically.

TTC 9/2013

BFP#1: 9/28/2013, EDD 5/28/13, MC confirmed 10/15/13, D&C 10/17/13

BFP#2: 1/10/2014, EDD 9/19/2014

• Options
    The Basics:
    - What is your age bracket (18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40+): 30-34 (35 next month)
    - What type of practitioner did you see for the majority of this pregnancy? (Midwife, OBGYN, MFM, GP): OBGYN
    - When did you start to show?: 12 weeks
    - How far along were you when you delivered?: 38w, 2d
    - How big was baby?: 6lbs, 11oz.
    - Did you have a C-section or vaginal birth?: vaginal
    - Favorite part about being pregnant?:the growing bump and feeling him move
    - Least favorite part about being pregnant?:gallbladder surgery and gestational diabetes
    - If you were overdue, what helped you get through those last few days mentally and physically?:n/a

Labor and Delivery:
    -Did your doctor perform cervical checks in the 9th month?:yes, @34w closed, @36w 1cm, @37w 2cm, @38w 5cm
    - Did you have any membrane sweeps?  No Did they help?:
    - Where did you labor and deliver? Home, Hospital, Birth Center?: Hospital
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: How did you know labor was actually starting?: Doctor appt, confirmed leaking waters and 5cm dilated 
    - Unplanned/spontaneous labor: Did you try any old wives tales to induce? If yes, which ones and do you think they helped?: No
    - Induced/scheduled labor: How did you feel the night before the birth?: n/a
    - Induced/scheduled labor: Do you have any advice or suggestions of what to do the night before?  Activities, ways to stay calm, etc.:n/a
    - Vaginal labors: How long were you in labor from start-finish?: 2 hours
    - STM +: If you had a C-section the first time, did you have RCS or a VBAC?: n/a
    - C-section labors: Did you have an epidural, spinal block, or general anesthesia?: n/a
    - A brief description about your birth experience including feelings and observations (feel free to let us know if you have a longer birth story posted elsewhere):Birth story in Birth Announcement Thread
    Went in for 38w appt. Told doc I was feeling weird, might be leaking fluids or peeing...eek. He checked me I was 5cm and my water was broken. Met doc and DH at hospital, where I quickly progressed to 10cm, pushed through 3 contractions and James was born! Only bummers were James's low blood sugar and me having preeclampsia and having to stay in the hospital an extra night.

- What type of pain management did you use?: None, I went unmedicated. Used lamaze techniques, breathing, effleurage, having a focal point
    - Who was present during labor and delivery other than the medical staff?:DH
    - If there was anything you could change NOT medically related (having music playing or having/not having someone in the room) what would it be?:No, my labor was perfect

Advice:
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your first trimester self? You're going to make it to term and have a baby!
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your second trimester self? Eat better so you don't have to take medication
    - What is one piece of advice you would give your third trimester self? You'll forget how miserable you feel once you have your sweet baby.
    - What is one piece of advice you would give yourself in labor? Every contraction is bringing you closer to baby

Favorites:
    - Favorite place to purchase maternity clothes: Thred Up
    - Favorite foods while pregnant: Peanut butter, milk, graham crackers, apples, cheese
    - Favorite activity while pregnant: going to bed early

Common Symptoms:
    - Did you have morning sickness? What helped?Surprisingly, no
    - Did you have heartburn? What helped? Yes, milk
    - Were you constipated?  What helped? No
    - Did you have any swelling? What helped? Yes, nothing
    - Did you have any round ligament pain? What helped Yes, moving slowly

Random Questions:
    - Did you get any unsolicited belly rubs?  Did you mind? Yes, only slightly
    - Were you team blue, pink, or green before birth?Team Blue!
    - When did you first feel baby kick? around 16w
    - When did you partner first feel baby kick?He didn't, he's weirded out by it. I could feel LO from the outside at 18w
    - Did you have any nesting urges?Yes but I was so tired I barely did much
    - Did you go on a babymoon? Where? We traveled a lot for work. MD, VA, NJ, CT, etc.
    - Pregnancy sex, yay or nay?Yay
    - What week gestation did you have your first doctor’s appointment for this pregnancy?It was a surprise at 11w.
    - Were you in school, working, or staying at home during pregnancy? Work from home
    - Did you take any child birth prep classes? Which ones? not this time
    - Any food aversions while pregnant? No