December 2016 Moms
Options

Symptoms 8/27

Re: Symptoms 8/27

• Options
    I have been having crazy bad MS, getting sick multiple times every day this week. The phenergan is not helping anymore. I took it last night and threw up twice after I took it. I'm throwing up so frequently and forcefully that it leaves my chest and back hurting all day. :(
    Do you have hg? I do and although it isn't everyday anymore, it is at least a few times a week. It's like playing the stomach flu lottery =( I feel like my abs and chest are so sore all the time, oh and my throat gets raw..it's gross. I'm not good at being pregnant, I am just not compatible!!
    My OB hasn't just blatantly said, "You have HG," but it makes sense to me with my symptoms that I would have it. She prescribed Zofran for me to alternate with the phenergan so we will see if that helps. But yes, my abs, chest and throat are so sore all the time! I'm throwing up at least twice a day, sometimes up to 5x a day, every day. It's so miserable and I have to go to school on top of that. :(
  • Options
    I have a new lovely symptom I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with. Last night and today I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest, got really hot, lightheaded, and shaky. Last night I lay down and it went away. Today I drank a soda and it went away. I'm thinking maybe low blood sugar?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been sick to my stomach the last two days and a few days two weekends ago. no idea why but I've had so many tums and it's affecting my sleep. 
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't usually post in here, but you guys. I can't even today. My baby must be going through a growth spurt because I CAN'T STOP EATING. Like, I can't even get satisfied. Aghhhhh. Off to chug this nasty pregnancy smoothie Dr. Sears convinced me to make and see if it takes the edge off this.

Anyway, if it means a bigger bump, I'm all for growth spurts. Plus, eating!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    paulpawpaulpaw member
    edited August 2016
    @kbduke I had this a couple weeks ago. I was diagnosed with 'vertigo' which is a symptom not an actual 'thing'. OB said if it continued she would send me to a neurologist but to be honest I rather not
    go overboard with doctors. It's gotten better! Still happens from time to time but way more mild.

ETA Orange soda nearly always made it better temporarily
  • Options
    @kbduke Yep, I've had issues with that, usually when I haven't had enough to eat that day.  Orange juice is helpful in getting your blood sugar back up...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I figured that's what it was. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. 
  • Options
    LandJ13 said:
    @kbduke I had this a couple weeks ago. I was diagnosed with 'vertigo' which is a symptom not an actual 'thing'. OB said if it continued she would send me to a neurologist but to be honest I rather not
    go overboard with doctors. It's gotten better! Still happens from time to time but way more mild.

ETA Orange soda nearly always made it better temporarily
    I also get the heart coming out of my chest, hot, light headed, shaky once in a while. I got it with DD 1 all the time, I had pre-e with her and I believe part of it was my blood pressure going up in combo with being hungry. Water, food, and rest seem to be the best ways to fight it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    kbduke said:
    I have a new lovely symptom I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with. Last night and today I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest, got really hot, lightheaded, and shaky. Last night I lay down and it went away. Today I drank a soda and it went away. I'm thinking maybe low blood sugar?
    @kbduke likely something like blood sugar, but make sure you let your provider know.  A while back I had severe heart palpitations (somewhat common with multiples) and had an EKG, Holter and an echo on my heart to rule out any serious concerns.  Pregnancy puts a huge strain on the body and better to be sure there's no underlying concern than assume it's blood sugar related.  My tests all came back perfect so mine is a matter of carrying multiples with two placentas and all the extra blood flow.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I have a fun new symptom and I know other moms on here have experienced this too. Nose bleeds. I've had them in the past but this one is different; it's dripping down my throat. It started last night around 9/930, my nose felt stuffy and I could taste blood. When I got to the bathroom I coughed and bright red blood came out. After about a half hour of spitting it out if finally slowed. I slept sitting up in case it started up again. As soon as I got up this morning it started back up!

Any tips on how to stop this type of nose bleed? It's so weird!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @PensiveCrayon well that looks like an interesting smoothie!! How on earth do you fit all of those ingredients into one smoothie......??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ajstevenson I ended up going to my ENT because of this. She said that during pregnancy, the blood flows harder, and we breathe heavier, on top of things drying out more. She said to put vaseline inside the lining of the nose twice daily to help keep it moist. She also cauterized my blood vessels, so that may be something you want to look in to, if they don't stop.
  • Options
    @Toller02 It makes like...ten cups and he wants you to sip on the entire thing throughout the day. I'm just dividing it into sixths, because it would be too much otherwise! I was mostly able to fit the ingredients into my blender, but then I realized I forgot the tofu, so I've been adding it in and re-blending. It works :)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Thank you @Mamax2!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with pelvic pressure.  I went in today for an unscheduled OB visit because of it and cramping.  Everything is fine, but was told the pressure will be my "friend" throughout the rest of this pregnancy.  the U/s showed the baby lying on and hitting my cervix.  perhaps that's the cause?!

Y'all can also add me to the peeing my pants when I cough or sneeze club. I've been coughing so much lately which is causing me a real laundry problem :)

• Options
    DiFazette said:
    @kbduke likely something like blood sugar, but make sure you let your provider know.  A while back I had severe heart palpitations (somewhat common with multiples) and had an EKG, Holter and an echo on my heart to rule out any serious concerns.  Pregnancy puts a huge strain on the body and better to be sure there's no underlying concern than assume it's blood sugar related.  My tests all came back perfect so mine is a matter of carrying multiples with two placentas and all the extra blood flow.  
    I got a 30-day cardio monitor/holter yesterday, and have an echo coming up in a couple of weeks. The monitor is such a pain, especially for 30 days, but I'm trying to refrain from whining about it too much. Better to deal with it now than after LO arrives. Glad you got the all-clear, @DiFazette
  • Options
    Is anyone else starting to feel a lot of pressure/muscle pain in their ribs?  
  • Options
    @KatieJo1205 yes! In fact yesterday at physical therapy for my sciatica I told them how much middle/upper back pain I was having. They did an adjustment and turns out one of my ribs was out of place.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @KatieJo1205 yes! In fact yesterday at physical therapy for my sciatica I told them how much middle/upper back pain I was having. They did an adjustment and turns out one of my ribs was out of place.
    I wonder if this is what I have going on. My ribs have been hurting and I know she's not up in there yet, so I couldn't figure out why! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    @KattyC wow, a 30 day holter is serious stuff.  3 days felt like torture.  Wishing you the best of results for al tests.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    Incoming sexiness....

New issue here. My *ahem* crack has been chafing. I don't know that I have hemorrhoids per se, it's just the inside of my cheeks that are getting kind of raw and red and itching especially on hotter, sweaty days. Tucks pads do not seem to be fully relieving the discomfort.

Anything?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Incoming sexiness....

New issue here. My *ahem* crack has been chafing. I don't know that I have hemorrhoids per se, it's just the inside of my cheeks that are getting kind of raw and red and itching especially on hotter, sweaty days. Tucks pads do not seem to be fully relieving the discomfort.

Anything?
    When my bootay gets chafe-y (usually from running) I steal some of DD's aquaphor. I actually stole a full container of it to keep in my bathroom just for this reason. It works great if you can get over the awkward feeling. And FYI if you go that route, it's oil based and will stain (although I've always gotten stains out with stain remover). 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    sourlemon said:
    Incoming sexiness....

Anything?
    When my bootay gets chafe-y (usually from running) I steal some of DD's aquaphor. I actually stole a full container of it to keep in my bathroom just for this reason. It works great if you can get over the awkward feeling. And FYI if you go that route, it's oil based and will stain (although I've always gotten stains out with stain remover). 
    Ditto! Except I use 100% petrolatum because something in aquaphor burns me if its on raw skin
  • Options
    @swhiddon33
    that just happened to me this week! Also starting to get hemerroids, which isn't helping. The solution? Desitin. Sigh. 

• Options
    Ok! Thanks @yellingbanana @bookworm8622 & @sourlemon! Guess a trip to the store is in order for today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hello, I have come to complain. 

I am so hot. I feel like my general state at all times is "slightly sweaty." Last night we went to bed at 10, but I stayed awake until 1. Why? Because I was so miserably hot. At one point I was standing in front of the fan letting it blow on my back to cool me off. If I do anything at all I'm sweaty. Sometimes I sit on the couch and just go "Oh, I'm sweaty." I'm not even doing anything. Not pregnant me almost never sweats unless I'm doing something strenuous like hiking up a hill. Pregnant me is making up for lost time. You'd think I was incubating something in there...oh wait. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello, I have come to complain. 

I am so hot. I feel like my general state at all times is "slightly sweaty." Last night we went to bed at 10, but I stayed awake until 1. Why? Because I was so miserably hot. At one point I was standing in front of the fan letting it blow on my back to cool me off. If I do anything at all I'm sweaty. Sometimes I sit on the couch and just go "Oh, I'm sweaty." I'm not even doing anything. Not pregnant me almost never sweats unless I'm doing something strenuous like hiking up a hill. Pregnant me is making up for lost time. You'd think I was incubating something in there...oh wait. 

I feel the same way! I've resorted to lying on an ice pack when I'm in bed, otherwise I crank the a/c so high my DH is sleeping with a fleece blanket...
  • Options
    I've started feeling mildly nauseous after meals. This happened in third tri last time, but this baby seems to be an early achiever symptoms-wise. 

Also, not pregnancy-related, but I'm getting over a cold (with a terrible cough) and seem to be embarking on a new sore throat. My cough has been so bad that I've been bruising ribs and pulling muscles in my chest, but it seemed to be getting better this week. However, I just coughed (not a big one even) about 10 minutes ago and actually felt a pop in my chest. Cue another pulled muscle. I have a heating pad on it now. I'm so tired of my body falling apart.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 I don't know how you are managing morning sickness and going to school. I had it for 14 weeks, but luckily it subsided in time for my intensive 7 week grad school summer session. I hope you find supportive classmates and feel at peace doing school and assignments on YOUR timeline. I wish someone had told me sooner to not stress and to put my health above school. had a mental breakdown in the middle of my program trying to meet the unreasonable demands of 1 professor. Luckily I had a couple classmates (who were parents) who were there to remind me that my health was more important than a bad score/grade/etc. Also, I found sometimes family/partners who aren't currently in school won't quite understand what you are experiencing. You can find me on FB if you ever need to vent. I give you credit ~
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    My 3rd trimester begins tomorrow, thank goodness. Symptoms:
    • acid reflux/heartburn after every meal. managed by avoiding high fat foods/trigger foods
    • worrying at night and restless sleep, which has gotten slightly better!
    • baby is moving more than ever and I feel kicking/punching from the bottom of my ribs to my cervix, so I know he is getting BIG!
    • frequent peeing all of the time!
    • RLP after moving around too much
    • Generally feeling like I'm hauling a watermelon everywhere with me, even though I don't look or measure huge.
    • fatigue
    • craving sweeter things and having a lower tolerance for bitter food.
    • crying over every little thing! good or bad, strange hormones.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    I thought the vom train had left the station. This morning a friend came over and I said, "it's almost been 2 weeks since my last puke!" 
    In the same breath I hurled all my scrambled eggs onto the back steps... Twice. 
    So, that symptom's still kickin' around. 
    My vagina is SORE. I asked if the baby was low, but she's not. My Dr said it's likely just because this is my second and things are just sitting differently...
    i have officially entered the Cheeseburg Vag portion of pregnancy. 
    Oh, and I have a yeast infection so yay me. 
    Reflux has me burping like whoa
    peeing always.
    idk I feel like everything (apart from the puking) is pretty par for the course otherwise. 
  • Options
    I've started feeling mildly nauseous after meals. 
    Me too. I'm also becoming really apathetic about food. Nothing tastes as good as I think it should right now either and food aversions are back as well. And yet, still always hungry. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Swelling, just in the last few days. It's not cool enough to break out the compression socks just yet. I'm also starting to get nauseous after meals - I've avoided any kind of morning sickness so far, it would just be cruel to start now. Also, I feel like my bump got HUGE in the last couple of weeks. I went from being cute pregnant to people asking when I'm due, and being surprised I've got 3 months to go. Sigh.
  • Options
    Yes to the swelling. In the last 2 weeks my feet and ankles have been swelling up my late morning. I alternate between sitting (with my feet propped up) and standing at my desk (standing when my back and backside are sore from sitting) and I'm still swollen.  I think I've reached the point of working from home one day each week is my only option to keep he swelling at bay. 

I finally took the time tonight to go out and get a maternity support belt. Hoping that helps because walking isn't fun any more!
  • Options
    I've started feeling mildly nauseous after meals. 
    Me too. I'm also becoming really apathetic about food. Nothing tastes as good as I think it should right now either and food aversions are back as well. And yet, still always hungry. 
    I'm right there with you guys. 

• Options
    This sciatica is KILLING me. It is so incredibly painful. If the high BP doesn't do me in, the sciatica will. Maybe I could get a butt transplant. Still considering robot legs. Going to the chiropractor doesn't help for whatever strange and cruel reason. I stretch and do squats, and my pain laughs (chortles) at me.

The BP medication has been going well so far. I do feel more tired and super thirsty like I was warned, but I do notice a difference when I go up the stairs--I don't have to rest as long afterwards.

The other stuff seems like an afterthought considering those things. Damn you sciatica. Damn you... *ugly cry* *spontaneous eating* :'(