Options

Flame Free (or not) Friday Confession

Fess up.  You know you wanna.

burn it burn wednesday addams family burn it down

Re: Flame Free (or not) Friday Confession

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Westy99 said:
    Part of the reason I want to get pregnant is the paid 12 weeks off work.  

Jealous. In order to get 12 weeks paid off at my job (Columbus, OH) I would have to work 182 weeks straight missing no time...ew.
  • Options
    MollyandD said:
    Sometimes I cheat when I play Words With Friends. I have a cheat app that tells you higher scoring words. I'm trying to quit so that I'm not horrible. I don't use the app when I play against friends. Only strangers. 
    I used to play against a woman who would just destroy me and she didn't have a particularly large vocabulary so I started thinking she was cheating, so I quit playing. I didn't find it fun when it wasn't an even match.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface Uh linkies? Asking for a friend. 

I'm also jealous of good maternity leave. At my company, they make you use all your vacation time then go on short-term disability. It is BULLSHIT. 

• Options
    Westy99 said:
    Part of the reason I want to get pregnant is the paid 12 weeks off work.  

I should add that the paid 12 weeks off is the only reason I haven't looked for another job, because this place sucks and I completely plan on leaving as soon as we are done reproducing.

@eel0824 I'm sorry!  This is one of the only places around that has any kind of maternity leave.  Convenient that I started here one month after our wedding......

Me: 27    DH: 37
    Humans to 1 dog, 2 cats!
    Dating: Feb 2012
    Married: Sep 2015
    NTNP: Sep 2015
    TTC#1: May 2016
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited August 2016
    Oh yes, @antoto, that was our plan too. Until Zika. Now I'll be lucky to have one next summer or next fall. No teacher wants to be out at the beginning of the year and go back to someone else's mess... cause you know it's always a mess when you return. #thanksalotzika
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @eggplantface Yaaaaaaas thank you

• Options
    @eggplantface - I'm with you except I don't even give him the "maybe."  Its more - I'll let you know. HAHAHA  ... poor DH... 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    @eggplantface and @bornmommy I am right there with you guys. My DH loves sex, has super high sex drive and I am like "meh".
  • Options
    @laurad75 - sorry to hear you're on the chopping block...that cannot be fun to endure.  I definitely get why you'd want to give up.  Good luck in your job search!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally