February 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 8/26

124»

Re: FFFC 8/26

• Options
    @NiceyMeany I had a glass of wine out to dinner on Wednesday. I was wearing a forgiving dress, enough so no one would be able to confidently say "you're totes pregnant and therefore awful", and no fucks were given. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany I bought wine today to put in some beef vegetable soup... but I think I will need a small glass. just to make sure it's good.
  • Options
    I had to look up what asinine means.  I learned something knew today. 

• Options
    homemake said:
    My FFFC: I'm feeling super insecure about my body these days. Give me a few more weeks and a more definable bump and I'll be in a better mindset. 
    I hate this stage too. I feel like I'm just bigger and don't really look pregnant. I'm anxiously awaiting the day where I don't look fluffy and I have a bump too.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany & @poetryandoceans ive stuck to using wine for cooking & the odd taste of my husbands when hes having a glass and am very envious! Last friday night we were out after work for drinks & it was the first time i really missed it. I think before now i was just too sick & not wanting food never mind alcohol but now i can eat again im very tempted by a cold glass of sauvigon blanc!
  • Options
    @poetryandoceans I'm not even showing yet, AND my dress was forgiving, so it's not as if anyone would have said anything. I just enjoyed feeling like a real adult so much. It was so nice that I might start having my weekly drink in public on the regular while I can get away with it. 

OTOH, @Xstatic3333, I do see your point. 

@Gretchypoo I mean, probably. Just to make sure it's ok. They say don't cook with wine you wouldn't drink. So. 

@Janefelicity In a way, you're a little lucky that you didn't want alcohol. I never lost my taste for it and would be able to smell my husband cracking a beer from across the house. A few times, it smelled so good that it made me cry a little. I'm absolutely relishing having a small drink every now and again, but if those little sips are getting you through, I say do what works!!
  • Options
    @homemake I absolutely agree. And my work decided we need to take new professional photos on Monday (tons of time to shop and find something cute, right???). I'm really glad we get to memorialize this body state forever. 
  • Options
    AfKash said:
    I'm a little late with my FFFC, but the other day, I found out that one of my sisters is pregnant. And I feel guilty for not being happy for her. This would be her 5th child and honestly she does not take care of her children well. And by that I mean, she's neglectful and borderline abusive.
    ( Needless to say, I keep my distance from her.) Ughhhh it just makes me so mad!

@Afkash I can definitely relate to this. I have a sister who already has one kid that she barely takes care of, she mostly just passes it off to her MIL, and she doesn't discipline him at all. Like this kid has no concept of the word "No". She's constantly talking about leaving her husband because he's abusive (I honestly don't know if this is true, as she is a pathological liar, but it could be), and now she's talking about having another kid. It just makes me so sad for that poor kid. They live in a one bedroom trailer as it is (that they can't afford, her MIL pays half of their bills), so they literally don't have room for another kid. I'm not going to be excited at all if/when she gets pregnant again.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    I tried having a quarter glass of Rosé with a friend on Saturday night. We were celebrating me finally telling her the big news. I don't know if the wine wasn't that great or what, but I couldn't drink it. And I was ashamed. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    @scifichick09 yup. That's exactly how my sister is but she's a lot worse.  It makes me so mad just thinking about it.  I really truly think she is a TRUE narcissist. I feel so bad for her kids.