TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC 8/26

• Options
    I don't watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I watched a few episodes years back with my sister who was obsessed and it was not appealing to me at all. Idk to each their own. 
    Yes, I hate Bachelor/Bachelorette. My mom loves it....

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I watched a few episodes years back with my sister who was obsessed and it was not appealing to me at all. Idk to each their own. 
    Yes, I hate Bachelor/Bachelorette. My mom loves it....
    Never seen two seconds of it. But (ahem, FFFC) DH and I have watched almost all of Mako Mermaids. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    Vastra said:

Never seen two seconds of it. But (ahem, FFFC) DH and I have watched almost all of Mako Mermaids. 
    Lurker here from February 2016 (reliving the good ol' days).  I have watched all of the Mako Mermaids series on Netflix.  Mostly while breastfeeding at random hours of the night.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb16 October Siggy Challenge- Favorite Halloween Candy

Image result for reese's peanut butter cup pumpkin
  • Options
    I only watch the hot mess beginning when there's a ton of women crying and being nuts. Once it's pared down to five or so I lose interest. This is my first time watching Bachelor Paradise and I'm loving the train wreck being continuous. 
    I also love the Housewives for the same reason. 
  • Options
    All of you bachelor franchise haters should be flamed!!!!!! ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Jlk2016 I think it's more of a do what works for you kind of thing. 
  • Options
    blush64 said:
    @Jlk2016 I think it's more of a do what works for you kind of thing. 
    Sure. I personally don't see how it can be a healthy situation for your own personal state of mind, your relationship as a couple or for the child to never have space from mom and dad. It can be viewed as "what works for you", just like anything.
  • Options
    I often stalk the August birth announcements.

I'll probably stalk all the previous months until ours are born too. No shame here.... It's just so exciting to see and I enjoy reading the birth stories!

#totalcreeper
    Same here. You're not alone. I love looking at the newborn pictures!!

• Options
    @Jlk2016 You can't see it being healthy not having more than a few hours apart at a time but that doesn't make it true for everyone else. 

Having space can be a few hours away, not everyone needs more. Working full time and having kids in school meant my free time was for family and I am incredibly glad I did it that way. 

I don't judge people who need or want more time away. I see nothing wrong with it. It just isn't me. It is as wrong for someone to say you shouldn't leave your kids overnight as it is to say you must leave them.
  • Options
    @blush64 so just out of curiosity, you never left your children overnight? How many children do you have and their ages? 

IMO and experience I feel like leaving your children overnight helps them gain a different kind of independence and freedom that becomes an essential part of growth later on in life. 

Im not going as far as saying its "wrong", I personally just think it is unhealthy for all involved. 
  • Options
    I honestly can't wait for my kids to go back to school! They're driving me crazy and I would like to spend my days off not yelling and being a referee. They are rambunctious boys and arguing is their favorite activity.
  • Options
    @blush64 no need to be defensive, as you said, what works for you.... I am also happy I am not in charge of your life, I have plenty to deal with in my own! :) 

Not "really" unhealthy, just unhealthy. That's all. I think I realized this after my first marriage ended. We didn't take enough time outside of our children for each other, it was ALWAYS about the kids, it played an intricate part in our split. We lost ourselves, our friendship and relationship because we had nothing else to talk about, no time to reconnect. So yeah, from my experiences, it is unhealthy. 
  • Options
    @blush64 Wow! You have two grown boys? It must be so strange to have done the entire job from start to finish (okay, I get there's never really a finish) and then doing it all again with a toddler and a new baby. That's crazy and exciting. It's like living your Mom-life twice. Good for you! Just curious... does knowing what's ahead make being a toddler mom easier? 

My two-year old has had two overnights at the grandparents', and just did his first two-nighter. It. Was. Awesome. Every family is different and that's great, but the time away did wonders for my mental health, and it did seem like it was good for him, too. I think he felt a sense of independence having that time away from us. It seemed like I picked up a more grown-up boy than I dropped off. *sigh* He could slow that part down, actually.
  • Options
    I agree we need to have adult relationships. I just don't think there is only one way to do it. There is no sleep away requirement to maintain relationships or to raise your kids correctly. 

If that's what works for you, enjoy. It wouldn't work for me. (Not at this point)
  • Options
    I think the first time I was away from my kid for more than just a day at work was when he was like 14 months? I dunno something like that but I went to Vegas for a night to meet up with a couple girlfriends. It was amazing. 

I I think being your own person with adult relationships outside of your kids is important 
    I do too. I haven't been away from my kid for more than half a day and she's turning 2 in a couple of weeks. Mostly out of circumstance.

me= turning into a crazy 

Of course everyone has their own preferences and that's great, but I personally need a change. 
  • Options
    I do think it's kind of  shitty to label people's parenting choices as "unhealthy", unless it's like something really unhealthy like giving a 6 month old soda....

So do I. This isn't about a parenting choice being unhealthy, this is about a personal relationship with yourself and possibly your significant other being unhealthy. I do also agree that it is a healthy situation for children to have extended (overnight) time away from their parents. @blush64 clearly agreed when she stated her son took a trip overseas, alone.

lets also be fair, I said unhealthy as a generalization, I didn't say that @blush64 was being an unhealthy parent. Obviously, she's kept two kids alive for 20 and 18 years, she knows what she's doing!

• Options
    Um, that's exactly what you said. Her choice as a parent is to not spend time away from her kid, and you said that you think it's unhealthy. 

• Options
    Um, that's exactly what you said. Her choice as a parent is to not spend time away from her kid, and you said that you think it's unhealthy. 

You're right @Gingersnap that's exactly what I said. 

Thank you for clarifying what I said and for voicing your opinion that it was incredibly wrong. I appreciate you.
  • Options
    Jlk2016 said:
    @blush64 no need to be defensive, as you said, what works for you.... I am also happy I am not in charge of your life, I have plenty to deal with in my own! :) 

Not "really" unhealthy, just unhealthy. That's all. I think I realized this after my first marriage ended. We didn't take enough time outside of our children for each other, it was ALWAYS about the kids, it played an intricate part in our split. We lost ourselves, our friendship and relationship because we had nothing else to talk about, no time to reconnect. So yeah, from my experiences, it is unhealthy. 
    @Jlk2016 The bolded is directly where you said it's unhealthy in relation to her response.  So yeah, you did.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Apple juice, too! I used to have a student who had to miss class all the time because her teeth were so damaged from the apple juice her mom put in her bottles that she had constant dentist appointments. It was very sad to see a 16 year old say "My mom had no idea what she was doing with me, and now I have to go to the dentist all the time".
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex youre absolutely right as well!

I do think it's unhealthy. I won't back down from that. @blush64 I apologize if you took it as me saying your personal parenting choices are unhealthy, it certainly wasn't a personal dig, in fact my VERY first post before you even responded used the word "unhealthy" so I would hope that you are open enough to realize it wasn't directed at you. 

This is hilarious.
  • Options
    Jlk2016 said:

Thank you for clarifying what I said and for voicing your opinion that it was incredibly wrong. I appreciate you.
    Lolz. 
    Calm your tits. 
  • Options
    There is a catered department picnic today. I RSVP'd for my whole family, but its like 90 degrees out and I just can't. I feel terrible. But this heat. :(

Re: leaving your kids- the first night I spent away from my kids was when I was watching my ex-boss's kids while she was in labor. They were 1.5 and 3.5 years old. I haven't done it since unless you count doula-ing, but definitely never with my H. We're fine.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Jlk2016 said:

Lolz. 
    Calm your tits. 

GASP!!!!

You always make me smile! ;)
  • Options
    I'm not really understanding all the sarcasm when all I did was point out something you said. 
    You are clearly feeling very defensive, so I'm going to let this one lie. 
  • Options
    I'm not really understanding all the sarcasm when all I did was point out something you said. 
    You are clearly feeling very defensive, so I'm going to let this one lie. 
    And I agreed! Where's the sarcasm????? You told me to calm my tits and I laughed, and said you always make me smile!!! maybe I'm missing something, isn't that supposed to be funny? 

Please note, I'm not defensive, I've stated that I stand by my comment. That's not defensive. 

@Gingersnap I'm sorry if I offended you by laughing at your tits comment. My apologies.
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited August 2016
    @Jlk2016 All is good. :) it's expected we will all disagree on things at least sometimes. I admit I did take it a bit personal because those were my personal decisions. That being said, it's not a big deal.

@tentacular starting over was crazy but fun. When my daughter was born my oldest was about the same age as I was when I had him. Shortly after her birth my sons both quickly decided they did not want children until they were over 30, if ever.