June 2016 Moms

Milestones!

Re: Milestones!

• LO can't sit long unsupported. Can't even get up on his own. On tummy time, he just flails around but no move to get up or anything. :/
  • Audri has decided that the only way to sleep is on her belly. She used to hate tummy time because of her reflux. Now when I put her in her crib to sleep she immediately rolls over onto her tummy. Dr said it's fine but still nerve wracking at first. Now she's doing the inch worm and sitting unassisted for good stretches. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ethan is cutting his first tooth!!  I tried to get a picture last night but it was like trying to capture big foot on film (aka impossible!).  :D
  • Ethan is cutting his first tooth!!  I tried to get a picture last night but it was like trying to capture big foot on film (aka impossible!).  :D
    Savannah too! Explains why nursing has been more comfortable painful recently, apparently she has been using me as a teether :s
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • My LO still cannot sit up unsupported. :/ Doctor says he's not concerned yet until 9 months. But LO is on all his fours rocking back and forth to try and crawl. WTH
  • My LO still cannot sit up unsupported. :/ Doctor says he's not concerned yet until 9 months. But LO is on all his fours rocking back and forth to try and crawl. WTH
    Some babies reach milestones in different order, as long as they are reaching milestones that is what is important. I'm sure he will start wanting to sit soon. I have a lazy sitter too.
  • Sam sits unsupported all the time. But he still won't roll over and shows zero interest in crawling. We still fight tummy time. Whenever he reaches too far for a toy and ends up in his tummy he just cries. The PT said he will figure it out and when he's ready to crawl he will push up and go. I guess we will see. 
  • Savannah sits up great on her own but doesn't roll or try to crawl yet either. She has started rolling in her sleep though... joy
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Oy. Within a couple weeks we started crawling, then sitting unsupported, he sat up on his own, crawls over our legs, and he's pulling up to stand.  I went from having a fussy "move me here, move me there" baby to a fully mobile child.  Lord help me.
  • Oy. Within a couple weeks we started crawling, then sitting unsupported, he sat up on his own, crawls over our legs, and he's pulling up to stand.  I went from having a fussy "move me here, move me there" baby to a fully mobile child.  Lord help me.
    I think this is how Lillyana is going to be!  She rolls across the room suddenly and I think will be crawling and sitting up any day now.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Preston is standing and taking a couple steps now!!!!!  So even after removing the bumper and lowering the crib, Preston pulled himself up to stand before his nap... The issue? He doesn't know how to get back down and gets extremely upset.  Then I have to go on and lower him but of course it turns into "oh good mom is here, pick me up".  He has always needed to fall asleep alone and if we did "check ins" it would rike him up.  Any tips?
  • @Jerseygirl9090 my 4 yr old did the army crawl for a month and then started walking, he just wasn't a fan of crawling.

@adiaz132003 has a started pulling himself up other places? Charlotte took about a week to get comfortable getting herself from standing to sitting, she still sometimes looks like she needs help but I just tell her she can do it or I call her over and she does it. It took me sitting next to her and giving her one hand to figure out how to get down. Then I'd let her try and do it herself, she's constantly crawling to one thing standing up and then going and crawling to something else and standing up. So we had lots of times to practice but I do try to challenge her and not immediately come to her aid at this point. I'll be a few feet from her and just try to encourage her when she feels challenged. She's a very independent person already and doesn't mind the challenge but every baby is different and some need more support, but maybe this would work for your LO. 
  • SO jealous! LO is going on 8 months, still can't pull to sit and sits unassisted for like up to 10 minutes. No crawling, just rolling to get to his destination.
  • So we finally have a legit crawler.  We was doing the army crawl and going straight to pulling up to stand so we were worried that he'd skip traditional crawling.  We really wanted him to learn to crawl better cause it helps him explore and be more confident and he has a really hard time/hates crawling on hardwood.  But the way we got him to crawl was weird but it worked!! He was wearing PJs and when we practice crawling we always had his arms and legs free so he'd have traction.  Turns out that was making the army crawl too easy and when he was in his PJs he couldn't push with his legs so he had to pull his knees under him and get up on his hands to crawl that way.   Suddenly he started crawling and now he's realizing "hey, this is way better than dragging my belly on the ground!". 
  • @adiaz132003 any other tips to help with crawling? Your rolling tutorial was what finally got Abby rolling. 
  • Sure.  I can add pictures when I get home of some pro crawling excersises that our OT gave us.
  • Sure.  I can add pictures when I get home of some pro crawling excersises that our OT gave us.
     Of course he hasn't been in much of a picture taking mood. Lol he's got a tooth coming up so rather than crawl he sits with his hand in his mouth. I'll try again tomorrow. 
  • SO jealous! LO is going on 8 months, still can't pull to sit and sits unassisted for like up to 10 minutes. No crawling, just rolling to get to his destination.
    This is where we are.  Lillyana only sits on her own for minutes at a time and just rolls around to get where she wants to go.  She'll stand if we hold her hands but that's it.  A friend of mine has a 6 month old and she is walking with a push toy!  I couldn't believe it.  She's a tiny thing too.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hey all, sorry this took so long.  Preston is teething and hasn't been in the mood for crawling or playing much but after a 10 min chew fest on a frozen teether he is a happy man.  So, as promised I included the info that our OT gave us for crawling and pictures that go with it.  
    Try to keep him in kneeling while he plays with the toy...just as a way for him to get used to being up on his knees...you can put a leg behind him to keep him in kneel position (blocking him from sitting) & keep him engaged in toy on elevated (couch cushion ). The idea is to get him in a kneeling position & at least weight bearing on one arm (while other arm plays with toy) to get him used to being on all fours like he would be to crawl...another method is to use a towel under his belly to just help him into all four/ crawl for gentle support..then support this position as he learns to crawl towards toy.

We also found that because Preston kept trying to push off with his legs rather than use his arms, we put him in clothes that offer very little traction on hardwood and it forced him to pull his legs further under himself which pushed him onto his hands.  Then he realized how much better it is to crawl this way.  He still army crawls on the carpet for the most part but has been doing that less and less each day.
  • Hey all, sorry this took so long.  Preston is teething and hasn't been in the mood for crawling or playing much but after a 10 min chew fest on a frozen teether he is a happy man.  So, as promised I included the info that our OT gave us for crawling and pictures that go with it.  
    Try to keep him in kneeling while he plays with the toy...just as a way for him to get used to being up on his knees...you can put a leg behind him to keep him in kneel position (blocking him from sitting) & keep him engaged in toy on elevated (couch cushion ). The idea is to get him in a kneeling position & at least weight bearing on one arm (while other arm plays with toy) to get him used to being on all fours like he would be to crawl...another method is to use a towel under his belly to just help him into all four/ crawl for gentle support..then support this position as he learns to crawl towards toy.

We also found that because Preston kept trying to push off with his legs rather than use his arms, we put him in clothes that offer very little traction on hardwood and it forced him to pull his legs further under himself which pushed him onto his hands.  Then he realized how much better it is to crawl this way.  He still army crawls on the carpet for the most part but has been doing that less and less each day.
    I'll be adding these to our activities. Great tips!
  • @adiaz132003 Thank you!!! I'm starting these tomorrow--and we have that car toy too! 
  • I found a floor pillow at Costco last night for $16 to use for the kneeling and playing! It's working really well and I'm already noticing that Abby is pulling her knees in during tummy time!
  • rmmorris said:
    I found a floor pillow at Costco last night for $16 to use for the kneeling and playing! It's working really well and I'm already noticing that Abby is pulling her knees in during tummy time!
     Wow perfect! 
  • Still no sign of crawling but he's sitting far longer now without wobbling.
  • LO has now learned how to shake his head no. He'll do it mainly when I feed him and he's done. He'll lock his mouth and shake his head, not fast nor slow. He'll shake side to side very briefly. He also does it with his bottle. He will shake his head when he's done and toss the bottle down. He recently did this in the bath when I doused him with water to wash the shampoo. After the water cleared from his face, he looked down and shook his head. LOL.
  • Miles just stood up and let go while playing with the laundry basket like it was nothing. Just straightened up, let go, looked around, then reached forward and dove back into the laundry. It was all over in about 15 seconds and I was too shocked to grab a picture or anything. Guys, they're going to be walking soon! We're in so much trouble
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • LO still drags tummy to the floor but is capable of crawling now. This might be why he's having sleep regression.
  • DS started saying Mamma, in a non-babbling, clearly directed at me kind of way! And "bed" yesterday before bed and today at nap time. They're growing too quickly! 
  • Mine learned to stand up on his own. Just babbles away, doesn't stay quiet, vocalizes, but still goes "na na na na!" when angry or "mamma!" Doesn't recognize it with me, though. Says strings of "sentences" but they're not words, just "te-te-te-te" with intonation changes and "da-da-da-mama"
  • Jackie learned to clap at daycare recently. Now whenever she does anything good we clap and say "yay Jackie!" It's nice having a way to give positive reinforcement that she understands.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    Jackie learned to clap at daycare recently. Now whenever she does anything good we clap and say "yay Jackie!" It's nice having a way to give positive reinforcement that she understands.
    So cute!  Ethan has been doing "high fives" with us and thinks it's the most hilarious thing. 
  • Charlotte has started trying to run and she only does it for a short distance but stopping is a bit hard. She really just does it when she's chasing her brothers around the house. I wish she'd just slow down be my baby for awhile longer.
  • meggyme said:bu
    Jackie learned to clap at daycare recently. Now whenever she does anything good we clap and say "yay Jackie!" It's nice having a way to give positive reinforcement that she understands.
    I find it so interesting how they copy intonation! It's so cool to watch them learn to put it all together! 
  • Lizbeth86 said:
    Our LO took her first 2 steps yesterday! I wasn't there but DH was, she smiled and took 2 steps towards him and put her hands on his knees to catch herself : ) so exciting! Last night she was practicing standing freely, letting go of the couch and hovering before sitting down, then laughing and pulling herself up to do it again. It's amazing to watch!
    That's so great and so cute!!