August 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 8/22

Re: Randoms Week of 8/22

• Options
    @LWC1112. Yes my LO cluster feeds and he is formula feed. It's usually before bedtime. 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LWC1112, I've wondered the same thing! Especially the first question...

No takers? 
  • Options
    LWC1112 said:
    I have two random questions that could be dumb but I've always wondered.

If you are nursing your toddler, does the milk change to colustrum when new baby comes or is that just added to the milk you already have? I stopped nursing my DD a few months after I got pregnant with this guy so never got to find out.

Second random question... If you are formula feeding, does baby still try to cluster feed? 
    My LO is formula fed and cluster feeds. 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Once @texasmama2014 is back in action I bet she can answer the first one for us. I think she was nursing her girl. I was really hopeful I would be able to answer it myself but weaned too early.

Thanks for the insight on the cluster feeding question. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LWC1112 -  Kelly mom has info on this.  (For some reason my phone is giving me trouble so I can't post the link.) It looks like sometime between 4-8 months pregnant the body starts changing the over milk to colostrum.  It then continues to make colostrum until baby makes an appearance and milk comes in again.  
  • Options
    I saw that too! SO excited for your family. Best wishes for a smooth transition!
  • Options
    Why is the board so dead today ugh I'm bored...I need real life friends. 
    I've thought that every day this week!
  • Options
    I don't have much time a lately, so only following a few threads, but where is @SkiChic626??  Hope all is well! 
  • Options
    Today marks the first time I got baby A in the carseat & drove around. First stop: Airport to drop off mom. I felt kind of sad and empty after dropping her off so we went to Target next to DH's office (time worked out perfectly for us to meet after).

Well, just when I thought Target can pull me out of this funk, I see this:

The fk?

So depressing.
  • Options
    Burt's Bees Sale??
  • Options
    I have stuff to still do before LO comes even tho due date is Sunday it felt like I had weeks. Now that there is a exact date (Monday induction) it feels like I have a few hours and millions of things to do. I'm freaking out lol
  • Options
    Has anyone else ever donated breastmilk? I've way overproduced from day one, and in less than a month I have over 200 oz frozen. I think it's the best thing for me to do so that the milk doesn't go bad, because my supply definitely isn't dropping. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Has anyone else ever donated breastmilk? I've way overproduced from day one, and in less than a month I have over 200 oz frozen. I think it's the best thing for me to do so that the milk doesn't go bad, because my supply definitely isn't dropping. Thoughts?
    I haven't done it but I know people who have. And people who have relied on donated milk. I think it's a wonderful idea!
  • Options
    @Jaspertheyoungturnip - I did a couple times through the Facebook group Human Milk for Human Babies.  I was able to donate my large stash to a couple different moms.  Dd1 never took a bottle so I was happy that all my time and effort wasn't a waste and that three other babies were able to use it. 
  • Options
    @Sekerambo that's where I found my two moms! 
  • Options
    Finally figured out how to change my screen name from that awful generic "knottie" one
    How did you do it?!?! I want to change mine, need to take out my last name. 
  • Options
    @Lynnlove28 and @Bookhousegirl I agree! When DS has been with grandparents we get some much done! We can go almost anywhere and LO just sleeps through it. It's such a nice change of pace.
  • Options
    @msdidonato you have to log in to the knot, since it's the control center for all 3 sister websites, and it's under account settings! A little annoying, but they're all the same log in so it's no big deal 
  • Options
    @Jaspertheyoungturnip I think I got it changed!! :-) Thank you for the help. 
  • Options
    I wish they had the name change option when I was pg with DS1. I had to create a completely new profile using a different email address   
  • Options
    Hubby and I are trying to decide if we should go to the state fair this week and if we should bring some or all or no kids. I wanted to either go no kids or just us and baby. He wanted to just bring the older two. I don't mind leaving baby for a couple hours, but if we take the big kids this will be an all day thing probably. I think it's too soon to let him have so many bottles and be away from me for so long. But I'm worried he will get too hot at the fair or that the older kids wouldn't be able to do much if we bring him. And the big kids will inevitably get tired, probably after 10 minutes, and want to sit or be carried. Ugh. Maybe we should just skip it again? The big kids have never been there, so they won't even know they're missing out.
  • Options
    @Stephanie7693 I also suggested that we take baby to the fair.  No older kids here, however.  DH said, "we are not taking him to that cesspool of disease until he gets his shots."  Harsh!!

I'm a little sad (I am not better than DH at anything but I can destroy him in that squirt gun game), but seeing him get overprotective is pretty damn cute to me now... is that normal for FTMs?
  • Options
    @entropicallyfavored. I think we decided not to go. We will probably try to do something else. We also found out tonight we will probably be going to a funeral this week, so my husband should use his off time for that instead. 
  • Options
    Hmmmmm, when was the last time I actually got a decent amount of sleep?

How long will it be before I can sleep for a period of time without being woken up by my engorged boobs? 

Such silly questions in my head this morning. 
  • Options
    @AliKay20 Don't torture yourself. It's not a good idea to even think about it. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't even remember what sleeping more than an hour feels like...this newborn phase is torture. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18