Baby Names
Options

Just me again.....Charlotte and Gwen?

DogLoverX3DogLoverX3 member
edited August 2016 in Baby Names
Can't sell a longer version of course. He just likes Gwen. I feel like Charlotte and Gwen make a good sibset! Would like Gwenyth, but I can't win them all!! Thoughts?! 

edit to say: my 9 month old daughter is named Charlotte. 

Re: Just me again.....Charlotte and Gwen?

• Options
    I also prefer a longer version, but there isn't anything wrong with Gwen. It goes well with Charlotte. 
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Gwen is perfectly acceptable.  Just curious as to why you can't go with Gwenyth and he can use Gwen as a NN?
  • Options
    I think Gwen is fine.
  • Options
    Love Gwen over a longer version. I think it's a great sibset 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Gwen is all nn to me. I would automatically assume Gwen was short for Gwyneth or Gwendolyn.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I do like Gwen but like others have said, it's all nickname to me. Gwendolyn is so beautiful and goes perfect with Charlotte. I prefer it over Gwyneth. Would he go for that? 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I do like Gwen but like others have said, it's all nickname to me. Gwendolyn is so beautiful and goes perfect with Charlotte. I prefer it over Gwyneth. Would he go for that? 
    I agree
  • Options
    He does not like any version of a longer Gwen lol! And to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Gwendolyn, but still it'd be nice for a longer name! 
  • Options
    I like Charlotte and Gwen! Well done. 

FWIW, My sister's legal first name is Abby. I call her Abigail as a pet name. So you could definitely name her just Gwen if you like, and occasionally use a longer form as a special pet name. Also, using the short form allows her more freedom if she wants to adopt a longer form of the name later in life. (Gwenyth, Gwendolyn, Guinevere)
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles.