August 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms 8.15-8.21

Re: Randoms 8.15-8.21

• Options
    @midwestbaby I know I cried more times than Oliver. He is such a good baby, and I am a freaking mess. 

• Options
    @AliKay20 yes! I literally had a breakdown, ugly cry earlier putting DD to bed. We've only been home barely 2 days and I feel so bad when she reaches out to me and I can't pick her up or she just wants to help and can't. She was crying about having to go to bed so I read her two books and could barely get through them because she was just sitting on my lap listening, which she never ever does because she is head strong and needs to be in charge. It made me so sad because she just needs her mommy and I feel like I am severely failing at taking care of both kids. I hate feeling like I just tell her no constantly because she's not even 2 yet and doesn't understand why she can't just help. I know it will get easier but why does every part of this seem to be so damn hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Allisun85 said:
    @midwestbaby I know I cried more times than Oliver. He is such a good baby, and I am a freaking mess. 
    I think that is totally understandable given the week and labor experience you had. I have been thinking of you and hoping each day gets better for you. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    I asked DH last night when he honestly thinks I'll deliver, and i almost cried when he said August 25th. i'm due the 19th, so the 25th is totally reasonable, but still 10 days away :(
  • Options
    DH says he "feels really good about August 26". That would still be one day before I was due. I told him I could go till at least Sept. 3 and that would only be 41 weeks. I told him he might want to get used to waiting. Ha.
  • Options
    DH still says he thinks I will go early, but I'm starting to feel like that is less and less likely.  I really want to have the baby before Labor Day, though, because my sister is coming to visit for the first week of September.

Selfishly, I will have my favourite midwives if I give birth from Aug 22 onwards, so I sort of hope baby comes early, but not before the 22nd, lol.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    Now that I'm past due... its hard to speculate when I'll give birth... I actually think I may make it to my 41 week check up

• Options
    I asked DH last night when he honestly thinks I'll deliver, and i almost cried when he said August 25th. i'm due the 19th, so the 25th is totally reasonable, but still 10 days away :(
    I feel your pain! Due the 19th also :/
  • Options
    agreed @lotsofsunshine ! It's like every hour i get one from people who NEVER text me. the only good one i got today was from my SIL saying "I'm bringing you to get a pedicure after work"

• Options
    @bananers I sent that link to my husband because its hilarious.. and he asked me if I created it... like as if.. I told him I think it always says nope... and he then dissected it and said there is code written in the program to change it to yup... leave it to my nerd software programming husband to even think of that
  • Options
    @bannaners That's perfect! I think I am going to have to steal that idea.
  • Options
    so stressed right now, I'm a day past due... and I have to order a month supply of cat food from my vet... they discontinued the old food which was 125$ a month and now the new food will be slightly above 172$ a month... do I go and get the discontinued food from my agway supplier? 138$ a month... or do I wait and see how much it'll be... they got the cases in but the guy who chooses the prices is out.... is on vacation ... so I can take them now and be charged later... but what if they charge like 200$... ugh... so confused on what to do...

my cat has allergies.. so my vet said the old food changed their formula so he might have an issue with the "kale" they added... he ate it for the past month and has had no issue but it usually shows up after 3 months... I'm nervous about risking it right around the time of baby just to say 40 bucks.. but god its alot of money per month
  • Options
    @no more miss, that's how you know you've arrived as a mother.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    Because I have been a lazy pregnant woman all summer, I am having to teach DS2 to tie his shoes again before school starts tomorrow.  Good things he's a fast learner. 
  • Options
    @texasmama2014 props to you and every other pregnant woman who is team green! I wish I could do that, I think it would be so fun. 
  • Options
    I tried to lurk on other boards to see if there were juicy heated dramas but I picked a random month and got to press "change" before I knocked the fk out last night. What a fail. 
  • Options
    @AliKay20 I only have a brother as well, and while we're close now, we weren't very close growing up and I was always jealous of my friends who had sisters.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    HR just called to check in on me( because I'm 3 days past my due date)... ugh... and also had to call to schedule an ultrasound for the 22nd... Oh and my sister flies back to TX on sat... pretty sure shes missing the baby
  • Options
    I got the opposite about my kids. I had a boy and girl, so people just assumed I was done having kids since I had one of each. Having my 3rd on purpose really confused people, apparently most people think he was an accident. 
  • Options
    DH and I have always planned on having a 3rd baby, but now everyone assumes it's because we will be trying for a girl. I just tell them we're hoping for a third boy, which is kind of true. I have two brothers and they have such a special relationship, and I'm so happy my boys can have that too, regardless of if we have a boy or girl next. 

• Options
    Ooh I love talk about more babies!
    My delivery, recovery, and baby have been too easy. Makes me want a third!!

I don't know about having the mirena placed. There's something unsettling for me about having this foreign hormonal object in my body. It's just weird. Maybe I'll go on the mini pill like I did with DD. 
  • Options
    @No more Miss! it freaks me out to have a foreign object in my body too
  • Options
    Ooh I love talk about more babies!
    My delivery, recovery, and baby have been too easy. Makes me want a third!!

I don't know about having the mirena placed. There's something unsettling for me about having this foreign hormonal object in my body. It's just weird. Maybe I'll go on the mini pill like I did with DD. 
    I'm wondering/trying to figure out that same thing! We don't plan on having our second baby until DD is 2 or 3, so the mirena would be ideal. But I've had a patient who's IUD perforated her uterus .. so yeah a little freaked out! I'll probably end up with Irish twins lol