June 2016 Moms
Options

Weight/length

ashkee05ashkee05 member
edited August 2016 in June 2016 Moms
how big are everyone's babes??
my friend brought her 7month old over yesterday and I was shocked to find out my 10weeker is pretty much the same size!!

As of his two month check on August 1st my dude was 12lbs 13oz and 23in. 
her son is 13lb 5oz and 24in.
i know he is growing but I was blown away to see him the same as a 7 month old since he doesn't look that big to me at all!!
nws

Re: Weight/length

• Options
    Keira will be 8 weeks tomorrow and she's about 10 lbs and 23 in. Gained almost 4 lbs and 3 inches! 
  • Options
    My daughter is 9 weeks and she's 8.7lbs, 22 in. We were breastfeeding but had to start formula this week, so I bet she'll chunk up quickly now.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited August 2016
    @Goocran17 mine has chunked up since my milk dried up. He's been having formula for almost two weeks and I definitely saw him fill out lol 

@bankssl1 Ahhh!! I bet he is so squishy and adorable!! I love how chunky mine is getting I was just shocked when he was the same size as my friends lol 
    nws
  • Options
    Mine was 12.2 at her 2 month check up and was 7.1 at birth so 5 pounds in 2 months! Can't remember the length and too lazy to look. She's around the 65-70th percentile for all my son was like 4% lol she will be bigger than her brother in no time! 
  • Options
    bankssl1bankssl1 member
    edited August 2016
    ashkee05 YES! He is all baby squish. He has bigger feet and bigger thighs than my friends 8 month old little girl  :p

Edited to add: I just posed his pic in HDBD if you want to see the squish! :)
  • Options
    My son is 2months exactly today, just got home from his appt. He weighs 10lbs 3 oz (birth 7 lbs 3 oz) length is now 23.23". In comparison his twin sisters were 12 lbs and 13 lbs at a year lol. Their birth weights were 3 lbs and 3.11 lbs.
  • Options
    Can i ask how you ladies are weighing your LOs? I don't have dr appt for a few weeks so I'm trying to estimate by weighing myself with and without her on the scale. I hope it's wrong bc it says she isn't gaining much at all. I don't think it can be right bc DH and i are both saying how much heavier she feels. She's hurting my back now...
  • Options
    arteduc8arteduc8 member
    edited August 2016
    My DD was 9 weeks on Monday and had her checkup. She weighed 7 lb 6 oz at birth 20.5", and is 11 lb 10 oz and 23" long now. She's ebf. 
  • Options
    At his 2 month appt, Sam was 13 lbs 4 oz and 25.5 inches long. 
  • Options
    At Ellie's 2 month she was 10lbs and 20 1/2 inches. (6.6lbs and 19 inches at birth). 
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Birth: 8lbs4oz 20in
    1 month: 11lbs3oz 21.5in

She is EBF and incredibly chunky! I was worried during her last growth spurt that she wasn't getting enough (the growth spurts are very emotionally taxing on me). My husbands response? Look at her! She is definitely getting enough!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @Lizbeth86 the day before his appointment my husband and his aunt both got in scale they held him. They both got 12 lbs over and it proved to be right 

@laurenm2123 I'm sure you're doing great momma but I know it's hard not to worry about it!
    nws
  • Options
    My big man is 5.5 weeks old and weighs 11lbs!!  He was 8.5 at birth.
  • Options
    Birth: 7 lbs 9 oz, 20 inches long
    2 weeks: 8 lbs 3 oz
    8 weeks (today): 11 lbs 5.3 oz, 21.38 inches long

Pediatrician said she is in the 60th percentile for weight but only 10th percentile for length
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    cmac827cmac827 member
    edited August 2016
    Mine is still tiny.
    She was 6 lbs 6oz and 19 in at birth.
    As of Monday she was 8lbs 4 oz and 22 in. She will be 8 weeks on Saturday.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• Options
    AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited August 2016
    At one month she was 11 lbs 11oz, and 22.5 inches (I think). She's 7 weeks now, so I'm sure she's much bigger. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MistKeeperMistKeeper member
    edited August 2016
    @5 weeks was 23in and 10lbs 12oz. He also was born with a full head of hair, so everyone keeps giving me a double look when I tell them how young he is. 
  • Options
    @MistKeeper mine too lol did yours lose any of it?
    nws
  • Options
    S was 8 lb 12 oz, 21 inches long at birth. At one month he was 12 lb 2 oz, and 22 inches. He is 2months today, so I'm looking forward to seeing how big he is at the doctor next week!
  • Options
    Birth: 6lbs 9oz.  19 inches
    2 month yesterday: 9lbs 7oz.  22.5 inches

She shot up 2.5 inches from her 1 month check up. Long and lean baby over here.
  • Options
    Just had our 2 month checkup today: 11 lbs 11 oz and 24.5 in (over two feet holy cow!)

At birth he was 8 lbs 4 oz and 22 in
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    My son was 11.1lbs as of last Friday at this follow-up appt. He is 8wks today but doesn't have his "2 month" appt until Sept. 1st since his primary dr had to reschedule.
  • Options
    My son was born 3 weeks early and was 5 lb 7 oz (but went down to 4lb 13 oz) and 16.9 inches. At his 2 month last week he was 8 lbs and 20.5 inches. So he gained 3 inches and 3 lbs! The pediatrician was happy with his growth even though he is not on the normal chart. Since he is still smaller than some babies at birth.

You shouldn't compare other babies because everyone is different. 

• Options
    @huskypuppy14 I know I have two kids and they are very different. I was just shocked to see him be the same as a baby 5 months older than him 
    nws
  • Options
    Ds2 was born at 7#2oz and 18.75 inches long. At his 2 month check in he was 12#4oz and 23 inches. They grow way to fast
  • Options
    Birth- 5lbs 14oz 18 1/2 inches 
    8 weeks- 10ish pounds and 20 inches. 
    She's gained 1/2 pound per week since birth. Went from 5th percentile to the 25th percentile. Doc said she's growing beautifully just a peanut. 
  • Options
    Birth: 7lbs 13 oz./19.5 inches long

Had his 2 month appointment today (he will be 9 weeks tomorrow): 14 lbs 5 oz./24.5 inches long!  I couldn't believe it!  Doctor said he is right on track and looks great. 
  • Options
    peaceinnaturepeaceinnature member
    edited August 2016
    Birth: 7 lbs 15 oz, 21 in

Two months (today): 12 lbs 6 oz, 24.5 in.

Everythings good, but I noticed his head circumference went from 60th percentile to the 11th... The dr didn't say anything and I didn't look up the percentile til we got home so now I'm wondering if I should be worried.  Seems like a big drop. :/
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited August 2016
    @veggiebabylove if your dr didn't say anything I wouldn't worry. But I know how the worry hits is mommas so maybe just shoot them a message or call. 
    nws
  • Options
    I think the nurse actually made a mistake.  I measured his head myself and got a 2cm difference, which would put him at the 65th percentile, right on track with his birth circumference.  I might call to let them know.
  • Options
    Birth: 7 lbs 15 oz, 21 in

Two months (today): 12 lbs 6 oz, 24.5 in.

Everythings good, but I noticed his head circumference went from 60th percentile to the 11th... The dr didn't say anything and I didn't look up the percentile til we got home so now I'm wondering if I should be worried.  Seems like a big drop. :/
    I would be concerned with a big drop like that most likely they just didn't do the measurement correctly but I would call. 
  • Options
    @bankssl1

you and I have chunky babies!  Both are over 14 pounds. Lol.
  • Options
    Drs make mistakes. On my sons hospital discharge papers for his pediatrician they had 2 numbers reversed which made his weight way off. I just told them the correct number and they changed it. It happens.

• Options
    Yes Dr's definitely make mistakes.  They put down that my little one's ethnicity was non-hispanic Latino.  Generally I would not care , but he is half Asian and I know that certain races are predisposed to certain ailments and such.  I was just surprised because it wasn't like the even asked us and I do not know of any Latino family with the last name of Ho!
  • Options
    laurendiaz02 yes we do!! Out of curiosity, do you know how much your babe eats at each feeding? When I started back to work I had no idea what he would eat since I was EBF, I was thinking about 4oz... WRONG. He eats about 6 oz each feeding!
  • Options
    bankssl1 said:
    laurendiaz02 yes we do!! Out of curiosity, do you know how much your babe eats at each feeding? When I started back to work I had no idea what he would eat since I was EBF, I was thinking about 4oz... WRONG. He eats about 6 oz each feeding!
    Ethan is a formula baby and has been eating 6 ounces. Lol. He was eating 4 ounces for the longest time but he would be hungry like an hour later so we went to 6 about 2 weeks ago. 
  • Options
    Preston had his 2 month appt at 10 weeks today.

He was 8lbs 9oz, 20in at birth
    Now at 10 weeks he is 13lbs 14oz and 24in
  • Options
    Damien got his vaccines today (9wks) and weighs 11.5lbs with a length of 23.2in. Since we had issues with him refusing the breast for a bit, I'm not surprised that he hasn't gained much in the past 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Damien got his vaccines today (9wks) and weighs 11.5lbs with a length of 23.2in. Since we had issues with him refusing the breast for a bit, I'm not surprised that he hasn't gained much in the past 2 weeks.

How is he doing after the shots? Preston has been extra tired and has only been awake for about an hour since he had the shots.