September 2015 Moms
Options

When do your kids wake up?

I have mom friends with kids that go to bed at the same time as mine. The baby goes to bed at 7pm and the 4 year old goes to bed at 8. Now for everyone I know it works great, their kids sleep till 8 or 9 am the next day. My kids... wake up at 5 or 6! Everyday! I just want to sleep in haha. I've tried keeping them up later but they wake up at the same time either way. 

Re: When do your kids wake up?

• Options
    My kids go to bed at 8 and wake up around 7.  Sometimes a little before sometimes a little after.  Occasionally my 3 year old will sleep in until 8 am. 
  • Options
    Little Dude goes down around 7:30 and is up around 8 am. I have 2 that go down at 8 and are up at around 8 as well. Sometimes earlier, but rarely later than that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with you. Baby goes down around 8 but almost always wakes up around 6. The days he sleeps until 7 are like magic. I just wish they would happen on the weekend so I could actually sleep in too!

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Options
    Our son is usually in his crib for bed by 7:10, usually asleep by 7:30.  He wakes for the day anywhere between 6:15-6:45.  I can count on one hand the number of times he has slept until 7, sigh.  I have ALWAYS wanted this to be the norm, but I finally gave up and realized he just won't sleep that long!  ;)  I also tried putting him to bed a little later, and it didn't help...he woke up at the same time.  

Maaaaaybe there will be hope when he's a toddler!
  • Options
    LO goes to bed at 8/8:30 p.m. and sleeps until 7:30/8 a.m. on days we let him sleep in (otherwise we have to wake him up at 6:30 a.m. on work days). We count ourselves lucky!
  • Options
    Mine goes down at 7 and usually gets up at 6. Occasionally he sleeps till 6:30-7 but that's only once and a while. Adjusting time doesn't seem to make much of a difference either. I keep hoping once he's sleeping better it will get him to sleep later but who knows if that will make a difference! 
  • Options
    Same here. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed, 7:30pm to 10p.m., he is up between 6am and 7am.
  • Options
    Asleep by 6:45-7:45; awake between 6-7
  • Options
    Asleep around 8 and wakes up between 6-8
  • Options
    Too early! Lol

He's usually asleep now by 8 at the latest and up by 7. More often it's 6:15-6:30 tho. So jealous of all the late sleepers!!
  • Options
    In bed sometime between 9:30 and 10---lately closer to 10. Awake around 10:30 - 11:30. Today she was up at 11:30. The last week she's been sleeping straight through let's hope she keeps it up. 

Shes a terrible napper though!
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    Well in my other apartment LO would go to bed between 7 and 9 but wake up between 4:30 and 5:30 every morning! I think it was because the of the sunlight. Now that we moved our apartment doesn't get a lot of natural light in the morning so she sleeps until 7 or 8 but doesn't go to bed until 11-11:30...
  • Options
    8 pm sleep 630 7 wake up
  • Options
    LO goes to bed at 8:30ish and wakes anywhere between 7 and 8:30am but usually about 8.
  • Options
    During the summer she was sleeping in til 9am, but now that school is back in session I have to wake her up at 7:30. She's usually in bed by 7:30-8. My older boys are in bed by 8:30pm, and up at 7am. 
  • Options
    Kiddo goes down between 7-8 and gets up between 6-7...I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the early morning light? See if you can hang up some blankets and keep the room dark and see if that works??? I'm pretty sure that's what it is for my LO! On days that it's cloudy or overcast, she sleeps much later! Lol
  • Options
    Bed is anywhere from 730 to 830 (but sometimes fights sleep until 930), and he's always awake by 7. Usually wakes up between 615 and 640. So even when he does sleep in my eyes pop open at 620 on the nose lol. 
  • Options
    My little guy wakes up between 6-6:45 (although I haven't seen 6:45 in a couple of weeks) regardless of when he goes to bed. I've tried putting him down later and earlier. So we do our best to get him to bed around 6:45. Trying to make sure he gets 11-12 hours a night. 
  • Options
    My guy goes to bed between 8 and 830 and will wake up anywhere between 530 to 7. Depends on the day he's had really. Does your guy still nap through out the day? My guy naps for a max of 2 hours a day which means he only sleeps about 9 to 10 hours at night.
  • Options
    Baby is asleep by 6-7. Awake at 5-6am...but I have to be up for work at 5.30 so it works for us :)
  • Options
    Bed around 8-9, wake up around 8-9!
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    Bed around 8-9, wake up around 8-9!
    Wanted to add, this has been the last three days. Hahah. BUT it still counts, right?
  • Options
    LO is almost 11 months and goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until 6 or 6:30 at the latest. My 3 year old goes to bed at 8 and sleeps until maybe 7 on a good day. If they go to bed later they are still up at the same time as well. I would love to sleep in one of these days but they just don't seem to want to let that happen. Before we know it they'll be teenagers and we'll be dragging them out of bed haha
  • Options
    My 11 month old goes to bed at 8pm and up between 6:30-7:30am. Usually before 7 and only 7:30 if she was super tired when she went to bed. I'm not a morning whatsoever so I wish she would sleep late but oh well what can you do. 
  • Options
    LO goes to sleep by 6pm or the body snatches come and take my sweet angel and turn him into a monster. He is up usually between 430 and 530 every day although occasionally he will sleep till 6. I would love for him to sleep later or go to bed later, but it has backfires every time I've tried so I've just decided to go with his natural circadian rhythm. We even have super dark black out window covering and curtain it doesn't matter. 
  • Options
    Noah wakes anytime between 9:30-11 and goes to bed 9:30-10
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that my first was not a big sleeper. It never mattered what time she went to bed, she'd wake up at 6 am on the dot. Every morning. She did this until she started school and it got better. She's now almost 13 and sleeps until 8, maybe 9 at the latest. ;)
  • Options
    Mine go to sleep after 7 (LO 7:15, 3.5yo at 7:30-8), both wake between 7-8 or at first noise (6:30 if the dog or an alarm clock is involved).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO goes to bed between 7:30-8 and wakes up between 7:30-8 in the morning.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    Kiddo goes starts his bedtime routine around 6:00, and is in his crib for the night by 6:30. He usually wakes up between 6:00 and 7:00 in the morning. However, I am one of those annoying morning people who prefers to be up at 5:30, 6:00 every morning, so the schedule we're on works fine for me. 8:00 would be a day that I really slept in late. Maybe I'll have my husband take over for a day or two when he comes home from deployment and I'll sleep in till 8:00, haha.

As a pick-me-up to all the exhausted mamas out there, it wasn't all that long ago that we were all crying that our babies wouldn't sleep through the night at all! How far we've come! And teenagers will sleep enough to make up for ALL the sleepless nights we've had, so sleep will come some day, haha.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ktewart said:
    And teenagers will sleep enough to make up for ALL the sleepless nights we've had, so sleep will come some day, haha.
    I fully intend on waking my teenager up at 6 am on the occasional Saturday just out of pure retribution. He wouldn't let me sleep in so I'm not going to let him. :smile:

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."