July 2016 Moms

08/08 randoms

weekly random thread.

Re: 08/08 randoms

• LF93LF93 member
    edited August 2016
    Is it really Monday again already? My days are seriously blending into each other! 
    ETA: I googled what they think Kyle may have, I shouldn't have done that. :open_mouth: only 50  out of a million babies are born with what they think he may have! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • @LF93 what do they think he might have?
  • Loading the player...
  • every few days I have these bouts of insomnia. I think it's because I only know I can get like max 3 hours of sleep at a time so I have trouble falling asleep once I put LO down. Tomorrow I am going to be such a mess. Ugh.
  • rnyland1 said:
    every few days I have these bouts of insomnia. I think it's because I only know I can get like max 3 hours of sleep at a time so I have trouble falling asleep once I put LO down. Tomorrow I am going to be such a mess. Ugh.
    Same here! I've been up for hours. 
  • LF93LF93 member
    edited August 2016
    @rnyland1 Im not 100% on the spelling but they think it could be epidermolysis bullosa. We are hoping it's a very mild case because it can get very bad in some cases!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • @LF93 That's really scary!  I hope it's a very mild case. I'll be think about you and your little guy
  • @rnyland1 I definitely had that last time with DD but my anxiety was a lot worse with her bad colic. Thankfully I'm passing out right away this time. Do you feel anxious at all or is it just the sleep issue? Maybe worth mentioning to a doctor if you have other concerns.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• LF93 said:
    @rnyland1 Im not 100% on the spelling but they think it could be epidermolysis bullosa. We are hoping it's a very mild case because it can get very bad in some cases!
    I have a friend whose daughter has EB. They have a very strong, supportive community. It's a tough illness to face but there are many children who live healthy, fulfilling lives. 
  • @whataboutscience I'm not sure but I've always had trouble sleeping. I used to take lunesta before I got pregnant. Obviously I can't be out for 8+ hours a night with a newborn so I can't take that right now
  • Those of you who did newborn shoots, how much did the session cost? Or for the Bella baby pics, how much were the prints in the end?
  • KASGKASG member
    @mnkenned I think the lowest priced package with prints was like $200
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• I ran out of saline drops today and she woke up crazy stuffy. I put breast milk in her nose instead after reading about it on another forum. Worked perfectly!! And she didn't scream at me. 
  • mrsmommyamrsmommya member
    edited August 2016
    @DachshundMomma my husband pours concrete and we live where there are 90-100 degree summers with close to 100% humidity.....so I know he is tired but I feel the same as you. I mean I did just push almost 10lbs out of my vagina but no big deal!
  • mnkenned said:
    Those of you who did newborn shoots, how much did the session cost? Or for the Bella baby pics, how much were the prints in the end?
    We had Bella Baby and prints were at least $200 but we got the digital download for $150. It also included the copyrights so we can print pictures ourselves. That was the best option for us
  • @LF93 you and your LO are in my thoughts and prayers! 

We just got a new (to us) dining room table. I am so in love with it! Our old one was clunky and took up so much space in our shared dining/living space in our apartment. We rearranged everything today, and I feel so much better. Organizing makes me feel calm and in control, which I've really been needing lately!
  • @Backbypopulardemand yes! Last night, I woke up BEFORE LO to feed him...and he didn't even wake up...
  • @Backbypopulardemand I'm totally getting used to this wonky schedule. The days he just doesn't sleep are a little rough but I am very lucky and normally get one decent stretch a night
  • KASGKASG member
    @Backbypopulardemand no :neutral: my body was more used to it in the last few weeks of pregnancy than now!
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• It's 3:50am and LO has been up for 1.5 hours. I'm so tired I'm crying. This shiz is hard
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • AB34 said:
    It's 3:50am and LO has been up for 1.5 hours. I'm so tired I'm crying. This shiz is hard
    I got an hour of sleep then was up from 1-2:30 and now it's 5 so I'm up until SO comes home at 8. Fun sleep deprived times!!
  • mnkenned said:
    Those of you who did newborn shoots, how much did the session cost? Or for the Bella baby pics, how much were the prints in the end?
    Our picture session was $150. We spent another $300 on merchandise but with a $300 purchase, you got all your edited images with print release for 'free'. So it seemed silly not to get merchandise and just buy the disk. It was only $50 more. 
  • winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited August 2016
    @AB34 I feel ya, was up between 3:45-5 and then 6-7:30 last night, just kinda dazed my way through it. Longer awake times are killer at night.

ETA: My random of the day is that having a newborn is making me really annoyed with my dog all the time. She's really been surprisingly good about the baby and I should be easier on her, but she just stresses me out all day when she can't decide if she wants to stay in or out and is banging down the door, or barking at every knock or passerby. She's a big dog so I think it just amplifies everything. I feel like a horrible person when I get angry at her for basically just being a dog. Not sure how I'll handle a second kid one day when I have a toddler if I can't even deal with a dog and a baby...
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Is DD still too little for a wrap? Her head is so floppy. I don't think it's quite hands free just yet. At least while she's awake! 16 days old. 

Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @sboston06- which wrap do you have? I am still tucking DD2's head in like this picture. I love baby carrying! Makes things so much easier and DD2 falls asleep really well this way. 
    image.png 1009.5K
  • This is a sleepy wrap which my sister gave me. Apparently it's made by Boba and has since been rebranded since my sister bought it. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • I have been wearing LO in her baby k'tan since 3 days old - but even with her head tucked into the wrap in the newborn/fetal carry position, I still feel like its necessary to support her head if I need to lean over so she doesn't bobble head and smack her face back into my chest when I straighten. So I'd say "mostly" hands free. Can't wait til she can hold her head up and I can turn her around, she loves being carried facing out. 
  • I use the ErgoBaby 360. I still use the infant insert. LO falls asleep in it EVERY SINGLE time. 
  • Is anyone else following the wonder weeks app? DS is in leap 1 right now and is so super needy. He usually sleeps pretty well in his crib or PnP but the past few days he has needed to be held or rocked to stay asleep. Once he's asleep I try to set him down and he looses it again! I think baby wearing is going to be the only way I can get anything done right now. But wonder weeks does do s great job of telling me why my baby is acting differently than he has for the past month. I just hope he goes back to sleeping well after this leap :/
  • @arhodes6 I do!! Pretty sure I'm in leap 1, too. DS is eating more, fussing more, fighting sleep, waking up more often, grabbing onto me...

Its nice to know that it is developmental and I haven't suddenly started to suck as a mom.

Tip to keep him asleep - when you pick him for night feedings, put a heating pad in his bassinet while you feed him. It will keep his spot warm and he won't wake up when he senses the temperature change of your warm body and cold sheets. Works like a charm!!  
  • Snuggling my baby close today as I look for part-time childcare for when I go back to work.  Now I understand why I should have done this before he was here.  It's going to be so hard to leave him!