September 2016 Moms
Options

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    Shiva14 said:
    @AnnaS930 normally yes, but because they (my aunt and grandmother) are staying there, there won't be room for DS and I. 
    I thought that might be the case. I'd still try to go early on in their stay and see how things go. The super short labor has me a bit concerned, but OB will have a recommendation for you.. I can't remember when mine wanted me within an hour of the hospital, might have been 36 weeks?
    I was thinking something along those lines too - maybe stop going once I hit 38 weeks and just go for the first week? 

Worst case scenario there's a decent hospital 10 minutes from my mom, it's just not the one my OB would be able to go to.

My OB was so relaxed about being an hour from the hospital last time I don't even think they mentioned it. This time they are concerned enough that they offered to induce so I don't have an accidental home birth but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that either. I will ask what they're comfortable with when I go next week. 
  • Options
    My due date is September 3rd but I have a strong feeling he will decide to come in August!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by and I just know I will miss being pregnant! But I really can't wait to see my baby boy's cute face :) so many exciting changes coming up soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    August! Hopefully this month will fly past and I won't have a baby! Before my due date (9/15) my 2 yo has a birthday, my 5 yo starts school, all three of the girls have their annual well checks, and it'll all be so much easier without a newborn. I'd like to get our going to school routine semi established before the 5 yo has to miss a few days. They'll all be staying with my parents for a few days when baby is born and it's too far for them to bring her to school. 
  • Options
    @RG1 - I'm due the 6th and always specify "the first week of September" so that people understand that it's closer than they'd first thing (back in June, July, etc).  I'm not ready to start telling people "about a month to go".. that's insane.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought a maternity shirt last night so I can support my football team prior to baby coming. #sorrynotsorry
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo Good luck to your husband!! Keep us posted!!
  • Options
    Holy August. Somehow, my husband thinks this is NBD (probably because it's our 4th rodeo) but I am freaking! We have clothes for this baby, and that's about it. I'll be doing some MAJOR shopping this week! 

I sliced my my finger open this morning :disappointed: and my 7yo seems to be sick. I need a redo! Upside: I made my wicked delicious spaghetti sauce (with extras for freezing for post-baby use) and today is a day off, so we had a 3 day weekend :) 

Bachelorette ladies: is the finale tonight? Or next Monday?
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    I'm getting my Tdap shot today... I was stressing out about it because I have needle anxiety and i just got a phone call from my dad that my mom is in the hospital because she may have had a stroke. So now I'm way more anxious... And the doctor's office is behind so now I may be late for my ob appointment in 45 minutes... 
  • Options
    @marikkita12 I'm sorry to hear about your mom :disappointed: try not to psych yourself out about the shot. It didn't hurt, and I have needle anxiety as well... I think because I was tense, it hurt worse (a few days) after.
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo Good luck to your husband!!!  I really hope it works out for you guys!

@Themaritimemama Bachelorete finale tonight!  And Bachelor in Paradise premiere tomorrow night!  Not a bad start to August... ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @marikkita12 - I have an insane fear of needles as well. It's not that it hurts that badly, it's just I don't like the idea of being stabbed and poked. I always have tell the nurse/doctor/phlebotomist that I can't see the needle or I'll puke and I look away or close my eyes. Shots are quick, though, so hopefully it won't be too bad for you!
  • Options
    @JennM205 YESSSS. Amazing. I won't be able to watch until late late this evening, or tomorrow afternoon, so no spoilers friends! Love trashy tv. Bachelors in paradise looks amazing.
  • Options
    Happy August to all of us :) When I look back it definitely seems like time went by fast, but when you are in the middle of it, it feels like an eternity!!

I am due September 1st so this whole time I have been wondering if I will have an August or a September baby. Either way it is soon!!!

@PoodleDoodleOoo Good luck to your husband for his job interview! 

@mom2adoodle I wish you and baby boy all the best, hope your stay in the NICU is a short one!
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    @seitzy3 what is a BBT? Also, I'm excited you're still calling her Ava! :) I love it and I think it sounds great with your other girl's names. 

@marikkita12 Im sorry about your mom! Hope everything turns out okay.
  • Options
    @Themaritimemama Bachelor in Paradise does look promising this season...lots of drama AND supposedly more than one engagement!?  (Not a spoiler - this is what they're showing in the ads. ;) ) The best of both worlds!  But...I'm not going to lie, I'm annoyed that they brought crazy Chad from JoJo's season.  I get that it gets them ratings, etc.  But as a network, they really felt the need to get behind that!?  Again?  I was sort of indifferent to him going on at first but after I saw the "Men Tell All" episode - with his smug smirk and total lack of feelings of wrongdoing, etc - I was less enthused.  THEN, I saw some Bachelor in Paradise trailers with him confronting pretty much everybody (including Chris Harrison) and am already over it and the season hasn't even started yet.  Not to mention the fact that the dude seems to have some serious issues that he needs to work through - why indulge him further by putting him on TV again!?  Let's just hope he goes on and is sent home the same week so we can keep that bs to a minimum.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    I'm not trying to stir up drama.. but I find the individual rant from someone who has graced us with 1 HDBD picture, that if I remember correctly I thought was a bit of a first intro in and of itself.. is a little out there. Like .. I've never spoken to any of you, here I am complaining...

Probably just being stabby today. Keeping my mouth shut
    I thought that too, but I have a hard time remembering anyone that's not a regular (no offense to those, I just can't keep track) so I wasn't sure. And the fact that she acted like she was made me assume she was. 
  • Options
    @JennM205 it is super annoying that they've got chad on just for the ratings... Especially chad + the guys he ALREADY had issues with to begin with?! Did Chad AND Evan really need to find love at the same time? I think they'll really drag out Chad's stay. 

I think that onesie is super cute, but I would probably do some pants with it and then the blanket. What a thoughtful gift from your h's cousin! I always worry about newbs being cold, so I tend to overdress I suppose. 

We're doing a sleeper and slippers plus blanket. 
  • Options
    @JennM205 - I'd probably throw on some little blue or green cotton pants.. that's just me. Temps probably don't necessitate it, but it would complete the outfit in my mind.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JennM205 it is super annoying that they've got chad on just for the ratings... Especially chad + the guys he ALREADY had issues with to begin with?! Did Chad AND Evan really need to find love at the same time? I think they'll really drag out Chad's stay. 

I think that onesie is super cute, but I would probably do some pants with it and then the blanket. What a thoughtful gift from your h's cousin! I always worry about newbs being cold, so I tend to overdress I suppose. 

We're doing a sleeper and slippers plus blanket. 
    Yesssss, this is what I'm talking about!  :astonished:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 haha originally, you put BBP, then I put BBT and it's a BPP. Either way, I didn't know what it was. Yay for a weekly baby view!
  • Options
    @jenm205 that is so adorable!

@marikkita12 sorry to hear about your mom. I hope it's not that serious. Good luck with the shot as well. Try not to tense up. You got this!
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    AnnaS930 said:
    I'm not trying to stir up drama.. but I find the individual rant from someone who has graced us with 1 HDBD picture, that if I remember correctly I thought was a bit of a first intro in and of itself.. is a little out there. Like .. I've never spoken to any of you, here I am complaining...

Not everybody takes those pics. I think I have taken a total of 3 and one was a pro photo. There are so many people on here how do you even keep track of who is around enough to be considered a regular?
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    asht said:
    AnnaS930 said:

Not everybody takes those pics. I think I have taken a total of 3 and one was a pro photo. There are so many people on here how do you even keep track of who is around enough to be considered a regular?
    Her only posts were that one pic and the one discussion, this is how she knows.

Edit: guess maybe unclear? But you can see everyone's posts on their profile.
    Ah got it! I think I miss a lot being on my phone
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo - Good luck to your DH! Hope it all works out well!!

@marikkita12 - Thinking of you. I hope everything is ok with your mom. 

@JennM205 - That onsie is so stinking cute! And how sweet for her to do that for you guys! Maybe bring a blanket just in case. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @RN1stBae Thanks for sharing! I feel better hearing that. I wake up every morning dreading going to work and I can barely keep my eyes open while I'm here. Not to mention all that has to still be done at home before the baby comes!