TTC After a Loss
Options

Set myself up for disappointment? Anyone else done this or am I crazy?

My baby girl was born sleeping on 7/2/16. It's been almost 4 weeks and I started ttc as soon as the bleeding stopped at 2 weeks (stupid i know) I took a pregnancy test today hoping for something and due to left over hcg got a faint line that got my hopes up. I know now I need to wait and I'll try again after a few cycles... But has anyone else made the mistake of ttc so soon or having leftover hcg giving false hope? Or am I extremely stupid? :(

Re: Set myself up for disappointment? Anyone else done this or am I crazy?

• Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss. You didn't say how far along you were, but it's doubtful you would have ovulated that fast after giving birth. I've heard it can take 2-3 months. It probably is leftover HCG, but I would contact your OB to get betas checked just in case. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank u so much for your response. I'm sorry I wasn't very detailed in my post let me explain farther, I was told to wait 3 to 6 months to try again and I was 36 weeks along, it was due to short cord which was unexplained. I know I shouldn't have tried so fast but my arms just felt so empty. I will most definitely wait 3 cycles before ttc now. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly I didnt even wait for the hcg to leave my system (sooo dumb)
    I'm so glad I found this board thank u ladies I hope to be active here for a few cycles (God willing) and have all your guys support during the wait.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and you are not stupid. Grief makes us want to reach for something at whatever cost. It is a desperate feeling that I know many of the women on this board, including me can identify with. I'm not sure how you delivered your daughter, but generally the school of thought is "nothing in the vagina" for 6 weeks after birth. As PP mentioned this is usually for the healing from the trauma of birth, and to prevent serious infection. 

• Options
    I am sorry for your los
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married April 2014
    TTC since December 2015
    1st BFP: February 8, 2016; MMC at 7 weeks, 3 days; Discovered at 10 weeks; D&C March 25
    2nd BFP: June 20, 2016; CP June 22, 2016
    3rd BFP: August 13, 2016!!  Fingers crossed!!

• Options
    @MommiFuego There aren't words to tell you how sorry I am. I gasped when I read your post. I can't imagine what a loss that far along must feel like. You are not stupid at all. I'm afraid I don't have advise but I wanted to send condolences and hugs your way. Hang in there! 
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.