Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday

Month/Cycle:

CD: 

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What was your first impression of DH? And if you know, what was DH's first impression of you?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: WTO Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @berg George Castanza is my work idol. Desk with a place to nap underneath? Goals.

@kirstinh88 I have shorter cycles too and AF started Saturday evening, so I counted that as CD1 because it wasn't super late at night. She's gone now so like you, it makes sense to count it. But of course, this means nothing about you body! But honestly, it hopefully won't matter tooooo much.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Starting CM tracking today

R/R: Our smoke alarm went off at 5 am this morning. We ran downstairs and didn't see any smoke etc, so as H runs to check the basement, it stops. Went off for NO REASON. Hmph. 

CS/Q: Got the same exact temp as CD1. Weird. 

GTKY: What was your first impression of DH? And if you know, what was DH's first impression of you?

I thought he was nice, but his roommate was actually a lot nicer to us (we met in a college dorm). But after our group of friends formed, we were pretty tight and I thought he was really funny. Both of us were in the "we don't want a serious relationship" mindset but he tells me now he always thought I was attractive and told the other guys I was off limits. 

• adiratadirat member

@KirstinH88 Hmm, good question. I tend to mark CD 1 as the first "full" day of AF -- so if I start in the morning, it's CD 1, but if I start in the evening, I mark the following day as CD1. My periods are always 5+ days, though, so they feel endless either way.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Temping, CoQ10, scrutinizing my chart like mad

R/R: I feel like I am going crazy figuring out my chart and worried I may have already ovulated! I am ranting at myself I guess.

CS/Q:  OK so here's my chart:
    It looks like a temp rise. I was in denial yesterday, but I was high again today. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow with three days above my previous baseline, but dang! Last cycle, I ovulated CD20, and I was not expecting to ovulate CD11 this cycle. It's so, so early, and I had no symptoms like I did last time (I had ovulation pain and a ball of spotted CM last cycle -- classic symptoms). This month I had a little EWCM CD 10-11 but so little that I barely registered it, and I had no pain or spotting. Maybe I haven't actually ovulated yet? Maybe?  
    (It's wishful thinking because DH was sick so our timing would be underwhelming -- only 0 and +1.)

We were friends for a couple years before we started dating. I always thought he was cute but I didn't think that seriously about dating him for a while (we met my freshman year of college when I wasn't thinking about dating anyone). He has said that he thought I was "out of his league" but that may just be a nice thing to say now that we are married! Haha.

• Month/Cycle: 6/5 ttcal but 19/14 total

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: when the time is right hio

R/R: you know not much, just tired and ready to be in our new house (tomorrow!) I have decided I am going to take a bump break after this week for a couple weeks. I am becoming obsessed and need to focus on other things. I will miss you all very, very much and hope when I return (maybe mid-end Aug) I see lots and lots and lots of bfp's from you all!

CS/Q: nada

GTKY: What was your first impression of DH? And if you know, what was DH's first impression of you? I actually despised him. I thought he was an a-hole and rude. I first met him when I was 14ish. We met because he was a friend of a friend and we had a house party and you know how those go when your a teen. Then a couple years later we met again at another house party and he had changed. Grown up and was enjoyable. We started talking and here we are now 11 years together and coming up on our 5th year of marriage this fall.
  • @KirstinH88 What a good question. I didn't even realize until I read everyone's answers how many ways there were to interpret this! FWIW I count CD1 as the day I have real flow. If it's before I go to bed, I still count that as CD1. 

@mrsdaddario I don't like the term AF either! I only use it on here because everyone else does it. IRL I always say my period. 

Month/Cycle: 14/16

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Temping, Checking CM, Vitex, Sex, Waiting for a dr. appt. 

R/R: I'm doing this e-course called Makeover your Mornings where it helps you set up a morning and evening routine to help you manage your time and feel more productive and so far it's working. I think it's going well so far. I've done my evening routine twice and I do feel like it's helping me feel less stressed (even though I'm not working again yet). Today was my first morning of my morning routine and while I woke up 45 minutes later than I want to during the school year, it was still 1.5-2 hours earlier than I have been waking up all summer and I still got everything in my routine done. Progress! 

CS/Q: Nope. 

DH and I met at a church camp. We were from different towns but our youth groups went to a lot of the same activities, so we don't agree on which camp we met at first! He remembers me before I remember him and he has told me that he thought I didn't like him. I remember him from a little later in the summer and I thought he was fun and funny. My cousin had a crush on him so we were together all week, but I didn't really start liking him until later. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• adiratadirat member
    @ahrains Sorry you're here :( It isn't fair. If you start AF 11dpo, your luteal cycle is short -- is that usual or caused by the Clomid? 

• Month/Cycle: 16/18

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, preseed, green tea

R/R: It's been a stressful week so far. DH wants to move closer to the city, and so do I, but he wants to move in August and I just can't make that work. We have so much stuff to sell/get rid of, and we're going away for nearly two weeks smack in the middle of the month. It just doesn't work. We did find a beautiful place, but I wasn't able to eat all day yesterday freaking out over the move. It pains me to pass up on this place, but for my sanity we need to wait until September. DH wasn't thrilled but I'm hoping he understands. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What was your first impression of DH? And if you know, what was DH's first impression of you? I thought DH was absolutely adorable when I first saw him. I had a huge crush on Devon Sawa as a kid and DH looks exactly like him (from back then, not scary Devon Sawa of today). I was talking to DH and he kept doing this crinkly nose thing which slayed me. Ha, come to know now that he only does that when he's humoring me..
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Thank you to everyone who has responded to my question. It gives me validation that counting Saturday as CD1 is the right thing to do. I just want to remain as consistent as possible in my tracking/charting, so that I can refer to previous charts when the BSC hits!

@pretzel2plus1 Fx these CHs are legit and you can finally move into the TWW!
    @jatwal128 Congrats for losing that weight and fitting back in that skirt! Always feels good to fit back into clothes that you have grown out of...
    @adirat It looks like a possible temp rise and O! However, since it is so early, maybe its just a fluke and your temps will drop again. I guess only time will tell...
    @crazypt2285 Congrats on the new house and I hope this bump break allows for you to clear your mind.
    @MandyBeeSLP I'm interested to know what is in this morning and evening routine. My morning routine (bumping) is super unproductive!
    @ahrains Sorry for CD1  :'(
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • adirat said:
    @ahrains Sorry you're here :( It isn't fair. If you start AF 11dpo, your luteal cycle is short -- is that usual or caused by the Clomid? 
    I honestly don't know - I was never in tune with my body until we starting TTC.  *TW loss mentioned* We got KU on my second cycle on Clomid which resulted in a MC. Because I got KU so "easily," I never really looked for signs of O or anything - just went along with the process.  </TW>  Last cycle, I temped but was anovulatory so this cycle I did OPKs with a blazing positive on CD17.  Just as I was this cycle, I'm typically 28 days on the dot. It's embarrassing to say I don't know what the eff my body is doing...
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• EkzerrEkzerr member

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: HIO, RRL tea, OPKs

R/R: Spending some time with my sister today, heading to a new bakery we found out about for some sweet treats and taking DD to pirate ship park, should be a nice day!

CS/Q:

GTKY: I thought he was super cute and we had an instant connection! He thought I was Latino because I was so tanned (I am 100% Ukrainian and it was November lol) and he also felt the instant connection 
  • @hartmich Yup! Casper and Little Giants were the two that fueled my crush. I wasn't even the one who pointed out that DH looks like him...my sister did but now the connection is permanently seared in my mind. Guess I have always gone for the same type!
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: BD, Temp, OPK, CM

R/R: 

CS/Q: I am so confused by this cycle. I normally O on CD 17 but haven't so far this cycle. Temps are still low and this is day five of high fertility according to my Adv Opk. My concern is that I started to bleed yesterday and I am still bleeding today. It doesn't feel like a normal period and it doesn't fill a light tampon but at this point I am questioning everything. I track with FF and if I enter "spotting" then it continues on this cycle but if I enter "light" then it starts over at CD 1. I feel like it's such a thin line on determining if I am spotting or light. I had some pretty bad pain on CD 7 that sent me to my primary doc. She said it may be ovary pain due to a cyst but not to worry if the pain went away which it did 2.5 days later. I know that I just need to keep charting to really find out what's going on but I just feel so down right now because if my cycle would have stayed "normal" then our timing would have been off the chain and I would have been able to POS on my bday. Maybe this is more of a rant than a question. Heck, idk. 

I thought he was plum gorgeous even though he was growing out his mohawk lol 
  • @KirstinH88 She walks you through ways to make the routines tailored to your life. You identify certain stressors and solutions for you. For me, that includes cleaning the kitchen and bathroom counter, setting coffee (and once school starts making lunch) and writing my to-do list for the next day before bed. In the morning I am making sure I eat breakfast and have enough time to do a daily devotion and still get ready. It's a 14- day course but since I'm not working I did it in 4 because I wanted to get started. I thought it was worthwhile and I'm making DH go through it too. The website is https://makeoveryourmornings.com/ 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• adiratadirat member
    @ahrains  Internet hugs - you are not alone. I only ask because my luteal phase last cycle was so short that I did a ton of research on it. I also have no idea what my body is doing, basically ever!

• @KirstinH88, I’ve always used the 24 hour rule, so long as the flow is bright red. But, to be fair, I haven’t really notice AF start later in the evening – usually it’s like 4:00am or mid-morning.

@pretzel2plus1, Yay for CH!! FX they stick!

@berg, LOL, love the gif! I feel pretty much the same way today…

@hartmich, UGH, stupid fire alarms! I wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep.

@mrsdaddario, FX for your follie scan!!

@crazypt2285, Congrats on the new house! That’s so exciting! 

@ahrains, Aww, lady – I’m so sorry to see you back here. Hugs for CD1!

@momtoleo, YES, I totally forgot about Devon Sawa!

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: temping, CM, CP, OPKs, PNV, green tea (when I remember), Pre Seed, HIO as often as we can (probably EIO at best)

R/R: Rave: My FIL comes into town today! Rant: My FIL comes into town today! Really only a rant because it’s FW and mama needs her batter!

CS/Q: Not really a question, but not sure where to put this little tidbit. I noticed a small amount of EW mixed with lotion-y CM yesterday, so we BD last night. Of course when I went to the bathroom this morning, I noticed a big glob (for lack of a better term) of clear, stretchy goodness, but because of FIL staying with us, I doubt we’ll get in any BD tonight. FIL is staying with us until Tuesday, so LITERALLY all of FW.

GTKY: What was your first impression of DH? And if you know, what was DH's first impression of you? This is a hard question. DH and I met a long, long time ago. Basically, he was really good friends with one of my brothers so he was at our house a lot. He was always a year ahead of me in school (elementary – high school). I’m sure when I first met him I was like “oh great, another guy who likes to skateboard…” 

Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @jatwal128 nice job on fitting back into that skirt!  Getting into something that used to be too small is such a good feeling (and one that I haven't felt in a long time... Need to work on that  ;) )
    @hartmich sorry about the smoke alarm.  That happened to me a few weeks ago and right after it happened was the most wide awake I've ever been at 4:45am!
    FX for good follies @mrsdaddario!!
    @adirat I'm not great at CS but that does look like a decent temp rise.  Do you only have the previous month's cycle to look at or were you charting before ttc?  Too bad our bodies can't just be 100% consistent to make this a little less complicated for us!
    @crazypt2285 congrats on the new house!  I hope some time away gives you the break you need and lets you feel less obsessed!  We're here if you need us though  :)
    @ahrains I'm so sorry for CD1!  <3 
    @momtoleo I had the biggest Devon Sawa crush too when I was younger.  I just googled him because you said he was scary now- maybe it's just the pictures of his most recent character, but he looks so angry all the time!!  Bummer, he was so adorable before!

Month/Cycle: 7/6

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: oh, just hanging out, hoping the OPKs start to get dark soon... HIO in the meantime.

R/R: Not much, just wish O would hurry up.

CS/Q: nope!

Fun question @KirstinH88!  
    DH and I were in a class together and I thought he was so cute- as in waaay too young for me, pinch his adorable cheeks cute. (I was going back for a second degree at 26, and he was in college for the first time)  I mean, he is younger than me (almost 5 years) but he also has such a baby face that I thought he was even younger than that.  But I had just gotten out of a crappy relationship so I flirted hard- just for funsies!  I haven't really asked him what he thought of me at first, but he asked me out pretty quickly after meeting, so it couldn't have been too bad!
  • adiratadirat member

@BertieMeetsGertie Brutal timing! Good luck though... maybe FIL will go for a nice long walk at some point...

@RedBreast35 Thanks. I'm afraid this is only my second month of charting. I didn't even know that charting/temping existed until I started lurking in these forums during my first couple weeks of TTC!

• Month/Cycle: 1/1 I guess...see below

CD: 23

WAYDTGKU: charting CM, temping, PNV, CoQ10, Magnesium, Vitamin B

R/R: This has been a crazy cycle! It looks like I'm going to get CH tomorrow, meaning I may have ovulated on my wedding night...*TMI* when DH had a little too much to drink and ended up not being able to finish...until he took his condom off and did a bad job pulling out. I accidentally left my thermometer in the suite I slept in the night before with my family and I drank, so I didn't temp until the next day, Monday...but I did do an OPK when I got home Sunday night and it was blazingly positive. It was also positive on Monday and Tuesday morning. I didn't even think I could have more positive days in a row, so I didn't bring more when I left for vacation. I did a quick Google since I was shocked, and some people have had even more days in a row of positive OPKs?! I already had a false surge for two days earlier in my cycle...so I don't know WTF my body is doing this month! I did bring some HPT just in case AF doesn't show since we will be gone for two weeks. It is gonna be an interesting week!

CS/Q: Any input? I guess getting married has made me want to jump him a lot. This was supposed to be a mostly/totally preventing cycle, so only CD 11 and 19 were unprotected. I still think there's only a small chance of anything happening this cycle.

I thought he was adorable and had nice arms since he could hit homers. Chicks did the long ball! Nice smile and eyes and so passionate about sports and his family! He thought I didn't like him at first because I played dumb until he made the first very obvious move. It took him like 6 months after we met to ask me out.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @ahrains I'm sorry for CD1. Especially after feeling so optimistic. It just sucks. 

Me: 30  DH: 31
    Married 2010
    TTC since Nov. 2015
    BFP#1: 2/8/16
    MC: 3/19/16  :'(
    BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
    my chart
  • @ahrains Ugh sorry to see you back love. Hugs xoxo

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BBT, TEA and VITES for now. 

R/R: I tried a reformer pilates/rebounder class last night. Whoa that was interesting. I am not sure if I will go back because the classes are so expensive but I will say I definitely got a total body workout and am sore as heck today.

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What was your first impression of DH? And if you know, what was DH's first impression of you? We have known eachother for a longggg time (we went to HS and college together) and it took us a while to get together. We were friends at first and I couldn't even tell you the first time we "met". I will say I always thought he was a lot of fun and loved spending time with him. 
  • @aurora1974 lurking from TWW.. but your pic made me lol! FX for O timing!
      Me: 27    DH: 37
    Humans to 1 dog, 2 cats!
    Dating: Feb 2012
    Married: Sep 2015
    NTNP: Sep 2015
    TTC#1: May 2016
  • MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
    edited July 2016
    Month/Cycle:   4/4 

CD:   CD1 (which I'm actually relieved about....see below)

WAYDTGKU:   charting/temping, vitamins, OPKs, going to start B-6 soon, and starting a detox diet next Monday to clean my body of all the nasty crap.  

R/R:   I was so thankful to get AF.   My cycle was 33 days/15DPO.  My LP varies each month and this was one of the longest I've had.  I got 4 BFN while waiting too, but all the while I had signs of AF (cramping,etc).  I was starting to think something was wrong with my body.  

CS/Q:  What CD do you start using OPKs? 

I thought he was cute but didn't think much else.  I'm pretty sure he liked me from the start because he couldn't stop staring at me! 
  • @MrsFL2015 I start OPKs on CD11 then increase the number of times I use them in a day as they darken.  For example, CD11 is a good base line for me.  If they start getting darker by CD13, then I'll start two a day.  When I get the first one that is close-ish to positive, I might do three a day to catch the LH surge, which can be short in some folks.  Hope that helps!
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Month/Cycle: Today is month change day  :( (7/5) 1/1 TTCAL

CD: 23. Womp Womp.

WAYDTGKU: Nothing out of the norm but all of the typicals.

R/R: Well my OPKs are pretty dark so I think I might be in business to O in a couple days or so.

CS/Q: Nah. Got CHs this morning but they're definitely false. Hoping for some new ones in 4 days.

I don't remember! I met him 10 years ago when we were both in high school. But I know I thought he was funny and cute.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • edited July 2016
    I have a question for the group... I'm on cd 9- I always ovulate CD 12 (confirmed through temping and a year of monitoring from an RE)... My question is, I usually don't get EWCM but I got quite a bit today.    I wasn't planning on BD'ing until CD 10 and 12 (my husband has low sperm count and motility so we have to be as precise as possible with planning our sex days).... But, since I have EWCM today should we instead have sex today and CD 11 instead?  

Sorry if this question is confusing lol.   If my husbands sperm wasn't an issue then we would just DTD starting today until after I ovulate but my RE said our best chances are to only DTD every other day 
  • adiratadirat member
    @tripledaggerWed95976  I would! Don't let that EWCM get away from you. CD9 and CD11 instead of CD10 and CD12 seems like a good idea to me.

• adirat said:
    @tripledaggerWed95976  I would! Don't let that EWCM get away from you. CD9 and CD11 instead of CD10 and CD12 seems like a good idea to me.
    Thank you for your quick response!! I was thinking the same thing- I seriously almost never get EWCM so I think ur right, it's best to do it while it's there!!
  • Month/Cycle:5/5

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: trying to HIO , pnv.

R/R:  Well, during my FW so far dh and i have hio only once, hoping tonight to get it in, he was too tired on sunday and on monday which is frustrating but oh well i guess, I will try to not worry about it.
    I had an interview today, it went good, not sure if the job is right for me or not but i think it will be flexible if/when i have kids and would be working there, so that is kinda nice to think about for the future!

CS/Q:  what kind of cheap opks do you all use? I need to find some.

GTKY: What was your first impression of DH? And if you know, what was DH's first impression of you? I met dh in highschool on a blind date from a mutual friend, he lived in a different town about 40 mins away, I opened the door and was like "this is it! i am done! " I knew he was the one for me. He thought I was attractive which is clearly very important for a 16yr old boy haha  :) 

-Krista-
    Me: 26
    DH :25
    NTNP Feb 2015-Feb 2016
    TTC :March 2016
    BFP June 30th CP/MC July 6th

• @KirstinH88 I had a similar experience and have read different things. One thing I read said to mark the "first FULL day of bleeding" as CD1. So if you start in the afternoon you still count the next morning/day as CD1. That's what I did but I guess I could be a day off, too? Trying to decide if it makes a difference for me but I'm too tired and in pain to figure it out lol