November 2016 Moms
Options

GD Test?

2»

Re: GD Test?

• Options
    They are making me fast a specific time (no shorter than 8, no longer than 10) and a 3 hour test and I have to get tested every hour for like 3 hrs. Yea I asked to do this via external private clinic close to my office... This way can duck out for testing and go back to work in between. I asked about the short one hours version at the hospital but they are convinced I would fail that so the tedious test it is 
  • Options
    Mine is in 2 weeks, along with my 28 week appointment and a follow up u/s so it's going to be a long one. Mine just said to not eat 1 hour before and to eat low carb/no sweets that day. Mine is in the afternoon so going to try to eat a big lunch so I'm not too hungry during the appointments
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took the 1hr GD test on Sat 8/13 at 25 weeks and found out yesterday that the results were high.... so now I am scheduling the 3hr test for this Saturday... not excited one bit by the length of time I have to be there, but it is all part of the fun I guess.

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LadyBugMe101 I just did the three hour test today for the same reason and still waiting on the results. Bring a good book and a water bottle because this sugar drink was way more sugary than the first one but they let you drink water! Good luck! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Took my 3 hour test yesterday.  Just got the news now that I failed it.  Now to wait on a call from the dietitian to go over everything I need to do from here on out. This sucks!

• Options
    @clyons2008 me too! Along with being on bed rest with preeclampsia I'm not sure how much more I can take. I have my appt. Monday to learn how to take my blood sugar 4x/day and take a food diary and then I go back a week later to see if I need to do insulin shots. 
  • Options
    @anne11716. Oh no!  I had pre-eclampsia with my first and it was no fun, I was on hospital bed rest till I delivered. I hope to avoid that this time around.  I met with the dietitian yesterday, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just lots to keep track of and document which isn't easy while doing my normal day to day.  Good luck to you! 
  • Options
    Just got my results for my 3 hour and looks like I failed after two hospitals, 4 phlebotomists, and over 10x getting stuck :( . Still a bit in denial, as I've fiddled with a no/low carb and sugar diet before and being a (mildly) lactose intolerant vegetarian, am dreading the meal plan's restrictiveness. I already follow most of the regulations for the GD diet as far as sugar goes, so am just confused and can't wait to talk to my doctor.

Also, that fruit punch was all sorts of ick. Good luck to you all.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have mine tomorrow morning. Trying to no get overly worked up about it. I was okay with my other 3, I'm hoping this is the same. Good luck ladies, may low numbers be with you!

And to those that have failed.. hopefully it's easily controlled for the rest of your pregnancy!
  • Options
    I failed my first test on Friday (1 hr) and had the 3 hr test yesterday and passed. Thursday night I had a big carb loaded dinner that affected my results Friday morning. Tuesday I stuck to a veryyyyy low carb diet throughout the day and passed with no issues Wednesday. My advice to anyone taking it- stay away from a lot of carbs before your test! 
  • Options
    @yukitan I'm a vegetarian as well and I freaked out when I failed my 3 hour test. The past two weeks I have had two readings at 122 (they want it under 120) and everything else has been at least 10-20 under. I promise it isn't as bad as it seems!! I found it more challenging to eat as much as they want me to eat!  I think it's a lot about eating small meals including the right amount of carbs throughout the day, at least that has helped me! Good luck! 
  • Options
    @ANZ116 ... I didn't even think of the meal the night before. Maybe I'll just eat a bag of broccoli and call it a night.. I just want to pass! I feel like I want this more than when I wanted to pass my nursing boards haha.
  • Options
    I had my 28-week 3-hour test on Tuesday.  They told me not to change my eating habits beforehand, except to fast completely from midnight on the morning of the test until it was completed.  I passed by a couple tens or so at every stage.  I was so surprised that I called the lab to see if the first-time lab tech had given me the right dosage (usually, the 1-hour GD test uses 50 grams of glucose, and the 3-hour uses 100).  They didn't seem to have the answers, but then they called me back and confirmed that everything was as it should be.  I celebrated with a danish :-)  I am still going to try to limit my sugar and carbs, though!  I feel bad for you ladies who don't have the easier option of cheating a little bit - low carb is a nightmare!  You can do it, though, for baby <3  No one will judge you if you have to use insulin every once in a while.  Good luck!

• Options
    Ugh. Just found out I failed my 1 hour. Crap. Here's to another 3 hour test.
  • Options
    :( just found out I failed the 3 hour by 2 points....lame. Waiting for the call back to see what i have to do next. Im assuming laying off the junk for the next 9ish weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to everyone who failed!

I had my one hour on Thursday and failed miserably. I did my 3 hour fasting one the next day. My first two numbers were normal but my 2 and 3 hour numbers were not. I officially have GD. I meet with the dietician tomorrow. I really think that my current eating habits will probably be fine. Those drinks had way more sugar in them then I normally consume.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Officially passed my 1-hr. My # was 104 and my Dr. wanted it under 135. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Failed my 1 hour on Tuesday, I got 10, a pass is below 7.8 mmol/L. And anything over a 10.6 for the one-hour is a full out GD diagnosis... so I'm doing the 2-hour tomorrow morning. Booooooo. I have been eating pretty terribly lately, and baby has measured 1 week ahead this whole time... plus I am always thirsty like I've run a marathon in the desert. Not looking good.

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    @PrettyPalomino fingers crossed for you! I failed my 1 hour with 2 of my 3 girls and passed the 3 hour. Oddly enough I passed the 1 hour on my middle daughter and she was friggin 9lbs 5oz... my biggest one. The others were 6lbs 3oz and 8lbs. I just failed my 1 hour with this pregnancy so I'm doing my 3 hour next week. I'll be thinking low numbers for you!!
  • Options
    I passed my 1H with DD1 with a very low level (57), then I had an elevated level with DD2 for the 1H (174). I went on to pass the 3H with all 4 levels being below the requirements. I had an elevated level with the 1H for DD3 (174 again), and elevated levels for the 2 middle readings of the 4 with the 3H test. I did my 3H test at 32 weeks, and right now I am waiting for my dietician and endocrinologist to call me back. I have been tracking what I eat for weight management, and I eat between 13-1600 calories, and not much sugar or carbs in general. There are rare days where I will have more than my normal, but it still does not go over the RDA for carbs. I don't mind changing my diet or charting, but the finger pricking freaks me out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welp, I did the standard yesterday and did not pass. Tuesday I'll go in for the three-hour... test? work? check-up?

Don't know what to expect—i'll need to go back and read all the other posts in this thread! 
  • Options
    My appointment is at 9—I'm going to be starving by then. :'(
  • Options
    @hoosiermama you'll be so happy to drink that drink no matter how terrible it might taste! At least it's at 9 and not any later. The first time I had to do the 3 hour my appt was at 11. I was like OHMYGODKILLME. This time I get to the lab at 815a. Much better.
  • Options
    @leighry 11?! Now that is just rude. :s
  • Options
    Make sure you take food with you to eat right after the 3 hour test! I started mine at 8:20 but had to get my TDAP and flu shot after, and do a couple other things at the hospital. I have food allergies so the only thing I was able to eat until we got to lunch around 1pm was half a banana and I was sweating and felt like I was going to pass out. I had a total sugar crash and am seriously regretting not bringing snacks with me for right after. Luckily my mom was with me and about 10 minutes after I ate I felt fine again.
  • Options

My OB placed the lab order and gave me a handout that said to do it anytime between 24 to 28 weeks.

Me: 40 | DH: 45 | together 14 years

TTC since 9/2015

• Low AMH (0.1), high FSH (23.7), low AFC (4), low responder to stimulation, given 0.5% chance of being able to conceive
    • High Risk Factors: AMA, APS (antiphospholipid syndrome), obesity, uterine fibroid, rh negative
    • SA: everything excellent
    • Began medicated cycles (clomid, ovidrel, follistim, estrogen, progesterone)
    • 1st IUI: 3/27/16, BFP: 4/11/16, EDD 12/18/16!!!

We trust and pray that God will continue to bless us with a full-term, smooth pregnancy and the delivery of a healthy baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stomach problems. I have IBS and my stomach had been under control for the week leading up to my test, I hadn't even had to take my normal medication. The day of my stomach was ok. But the day after I was so nauseated that I had to leave work early, followed by a lot of time in the bathroom that night. Day 2 afterward, hubby and I ate breakfast out and I no sooner made it to the car and told him he needed to rush me home. 

Did anyone else experience stomach problems afterwards? If so for how long? 
  • Options
    leighry said:
    @hoosiermama you'll be so happy to drink that drink no matter how terrible it might taste! At least it's at 9 and not any later. The first time I had to do the 3 hour my appt was at 11. I was like OHMYGODKILLME. This time I get to the lab at 815a. Much better.

I second this. After fasting all night/morning, I would have chugged acid if that's what they handed me.

50g of sugar is the equivalent of a can and a half of coke, I did not feel different from drinking it, except for serious thirst. The 2 hour 75g test felt about the same except shaky at the end from fasting, food fixed that immediately.

TTC #1 Oct 2015
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    @PrettyPalomino Did you Pass???
  • Options

@leighry

I can't believe it, passed the 2-hour! Which I guess goes to show you, you can fail the 1-hour miserably and still be negative for GD :)

TTC #1 Oct 2015
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN

• Options
    That's great! Hopefully I'll be in the same boat!
  • Options
    They want to start me on insulin shots :( and I hate needles!!!
  • Options
    @knottie1458416769 I'm sorry to hear that:( it will all be worth it! So frustrating though!
  • Options
    Failed my 3 hour. Just found out.  :(
  • Options
    So I failed my 1 hour but passed my 3 hour for the ladies looking for inspiration
  • Options
    @leighry sugar club.... I didn't even start w a high bmi but apparently mine is so bad I need insulin shots 

I poked myself on every finger and cudnt get a good reading last night, I gave up, wanted to hide in a hole and not do anything 

i can't wait for maternity leave soon 
  • Options
    Ugh that stinks!!! Yeah I found out I failed late Thursday and then never got a call from my Dr office yesterday. I guess I can try and Google a sample diet? I don't know if I should be concerned or just live my life until Monday and call then?
  • Options
    My OB actually told me I didn't have to fast for it. I had half a cup of coffee and a bagel with cream cheese, went in, drank the drink.... My numbers came back at 106 and my OB said they wanted it below 140. So I passed. With DD it was at 128 when they tested me. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18