October 2016 Moms
Options

Which diaper bag did you choose?

Re: Which diaper bag did you choose?

• Options
    I have a feeling im going to become a diaper bag addict, theyre all so cute!
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    I wanted a new ThirtyOne bag like the one I use now for work, but they discontinued it. It had tons of pockets, an insulated pocket and it zipped. This is the one I have but doesn't show the inside.

We have registered for this one at BRU and I liked that it can be a backpack too. But if we don't get it, I will use the one above.

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually made the one I used with DD and loved it. It was NASCAR themed since ex-FI loved NASCAR (and so did I at the time, I had accents of our favorite driver). It held up at least 3-4 years if I remember correctly. I had 6 pockets on the inside, 2 pockets on the outside, and the changing pad folded down from the outside (and detached for easy cleaning). The strap started coming off and DH doesn't watch NASCAR, so we decided to register for this one.

It's been a while since I went to look at it lol, but I know I liked the pockets, and even though it's over the shoulder, the strap is long enough to go cross body if I need it to.
    bag.png 200.8K
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    That's exactly what I was thinking re: price  @sjo_thetwins. I guess we'll see!
  • Options
    I just saw an ad on facebook that kate spade has a surprise sale. I am not sure if its today but I know a few of you wanted KS bags!
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    I wanted a new ThirtyOne bag like the one I use now for work, but they discontinued it. It had tons of pockets, an insulated pocket and it zipped. This is the one I have but doesn't show the inside.

We have registered for this one at BRU and I liked that it can be a backpack too. But if we don't get it, I will use the one above.

I have the second one. It's perfect for long days because it has tons of room.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    nlane0723 said:
    emmaaa said:

I have the second one. It's perfect for long days because it has tons of room.
    Good to know! I initially liked it for the color but the backpack option and pockets sold me.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    With my son I bought a used Kate Spade Stevie for an amazing price. I cloth diaper, and it worked, but I felt like it was always stuffed completely FULL! It just didn't work the way I wanted it to so I traded it for a new phone. So then I bought this one. I used this one for a long time and really loved it! It's much bigger than the Kate Spade, and fit everything well. I will probably go between using this and using my new camera purse so I can keep my camera on me too. This is my camera bag, which has more than enough room for baby things. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My mom insisted I pick out a jujube bag very early on.  She said my sister loved hers and that I needed one.  She got me this one.  Its the BFF and has a lot of pockets and a felt lined pocket for your phone.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I got this Steve Madden one... originally 150.00, for 40 bucks at Burlington Coat Factory. Comes with a pacifier holder and changing station.  Then DH said that if I get MY own then he wants his own and ordered this one from LA Police Gear...

We registered for this gender neutral Fisher Price Backpack diaper bag though 
    https://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-backpack-black/-/A-14014996?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Baby_Top+Performers&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9060026&gclid=CjwKEAjw8da8BRDssvyH8uPEgnoSJABJmwYoPXBcX2hJrqPcYONb7ig9pSDCBCI5cMyhdt5edfQs5BoCjabw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And DH's coworker got us one of these Sugar Snap files for inside the diaper bag, which looks cool and organized.  
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    My sister bought me this as a birthday/shower gift. She got an insane deal at the outlet. I might marry it if I could.
  • Options
    My SIL asked me what we wanted off our registry and because she was a super snob with name brands and particular models during her pregnancy, I was REALLLLLLY tempted to quickly change my diaper bag to the PB one that is twice the price of the one I currently picked, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    oooh I like the sugar snap files
  • Options
    BRU has a bunch of diaper bags on sale today for 40% off! After reading this and watching diaper bag videos on YouTube since yesterday, don't judge me, I think I've decided to get a Skip Hop duo. But, BRU has the messenger style on sale for nearly half price so I may get it instead. Does anyone have this one? I don't carry much for 2 year old anymore but I'm still wondering if it will be too small. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mrskratt said:
    @mrskratt -  I love that Fawn designs bag - I just can't imagine it would fit everything! Do you have a changing pad that packs down small enough? And do you know if their bags are on backorder long?
    You know, I'm not sure how long they are on back order for. I just love that design, but was going to poke around to see if there's anything else similar in style! I think other colors are in stock though. 
    I have a changing pad from my Timi and Leslie bag and it folds up exptremely small, so I was just going to use that!
    @mrskratt, I second what NoraAurora said!  That bag is beautiful.  It looks like a purse.  I want one too!  I saw they were on back order, but shipping tomorrow 7/27... so I may go ahead and just bite the bullet..  But my logical side says to wait till after my babyshower.  
  • Options
    I got a Kate Spade diaper bag. Like others say, the deal was too good to pass up. We were at the outlets, so it was already a bit better priced, plus everything was 50% off then an additional 20% or something. I think my mom ended up paying like $120 for it.

https://www.katespade.com/products/emerson-place-nylon-pauline-baby-bag/PXRU5581.html?cgid=katespade-root&dwvar_PXRU5581_color=001#q=baby%20bag&start=3&cgid=katespade-root
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • Options
    Hi! I spent awhile looking for a cute diaper bag, and I think I found one that is a mix of style and functionality! It is the Ju-Ju-Be Tokidoki Collection Better Be Messenger Bag (I am a huge fan of the Tokidoki brand and I also really wanted a messenger bad,) I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet (just a few more months!) but I love the way it looks!!!

I'm not sure how to post pictures here so I'll just post the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EPD1I18?psc=1&smid=AEB2UU8LY6CNM
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @nlane0723 what is BST on Facebook?
  • Options
    Well ladies after many many you tube videos on DB reviews, I bought two yesterday. Newlie Lily tote in black(although I may return for metallic ) and the little unicorns -brook side tote in cranberry. They are set to
    arrive tomorrow so I'll try to figure out how to upload a pic!!
  • Options

This is my dream diaper bag from Lily Jade
    Mine too!!!!
  • Options
    For the Thirty One lovers this is a new bag I am debating on ordering for daycare (I use a different bag for daycare). 
  • Options
    @NoraAurora @mrskratt, I was going to purchase the Fawn Design bag today.... I checked on their website and instead of backordered, it now says Sold Out. :(:(:( 
  • Options
    Oh boo. So much boo. 
  • Options

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    I had this JJ Cole Satchel Diaper Bag with my first and we still use it.  I love it, so many pockets and can hold quite a bit.  Now that I see it's still being sold I may actually pick up another since my handles are just now starting to slowly wear out. 

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/totes/jj-cole-canvas-satchel-diaper-bag-stone-arbor-jmlsa-12552664 

• Options
    @korycir Which JJ Cole bag did you have? I ordered a Skip hop bag, the chevron one. I happened to go to BRU last night and saw a JJ Cole bag I liked a lot and then saw someone today with it and talked to her, she said she loved it. Now I'm wondering if I should return the Skip hop and go with the JJ Cole. This is the one I'm looking at. I skipped over it at first because I thought it was tote style but I saw in the store that at has the cross body strap also. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    BRU has a bunch of diaper bags on sale today for 40% off! After reading this and watching diaper bag videos on YouTube since yesterday, don't judge me, I think I've decided to get a Skip Hop duo. But, BRU has the messenger style on sale for nearly half price so I may get it instead. Does anyone have this one? I don't carry much for 2 year old anymore but I'm still wondering if it will be too small. 

Let me know what you think when you get it. We originally registered for the skip hop messenger bag but when we saw it at Toys R Us we thought it was on the small side so we switched.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LGW2015 said:

Let me know what you think when you get it. We originally registered for the skip hop messenger bag but when we saw it at Toys R Us we thought it was on the small side so we switched.
    I took it back yesterday lol. It seemed really slim and not sure it would hold enough for 2 kids. I also wasn't sure if like the flap style closure. I'm now debating between these two. You'd think a third time mom would have this diaper bag thing down. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Someone bought me these (above) off my registry which I think are fab however I was at my local grocery store (Meijer) and couldn't resist this gorgeous Isaac Mizrahi travel bag. It is perfect for fall and I will admit to being a plaid groupie. It actually is "luggage" but since I will be using it as my purse/diaper bag I feel like luggage will be an appropriate term. Sorry these photos are so huge I cant figure out how to make them smaller.

Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We registered for this backpack as well, mostly for DH to use and for travel.  I'm shocked that some of the first things bought off our registries are the timi & leslie diaper bag I chose and this diaper backpack.  I really thought people wouldn't buy them as gifts for some reason.  But I'm happy we got this because it looks really nice and it'll be great for DH to have a way to carry around all the baby stuff.  He's taller and stronger, he can carry all the junk lol! 
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    kelliott09 I have the Satchel version of the JJ Cole bag from my first and LOVE IT, 3 years we've had it and still going strong.  I actually plan to re-buy another one since I know it's lasted so long (I didn't actually think they'd make this design anymore).  
  • Options
    kelliott09 I have the Satchel version of the JJ Cole bag from my first and LOVE IT, 3 years we've had it and still going strong.  I actually plan to re-buy another one since I know it's lasted so long (I didn't actually think they'd make this design anymore).  
    That's the one I ended up getting. It should be here today so I don't have an opinion on it yet. I did look at it at BRU, it's $70. Then I found one hardly used on eBay for $12, win! If I hate it, I'm only out about $15.  :#

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like a bit of an oddball. I registered for tactical diaper bag with a MOLLE system.
    Tactical Baby Gear The Deuce 2.0 MOLLE Diaper Bag (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BFNGEBO/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_BzmQxb70GT0T8
  • Options
    @brzvice I got the skip hop one you posted too, but in black. It seems like it will be pretty roomy, and as a plus DH even said that he doesn't mind using it!
  • Options
    We put a Skip Hop diaper bag on our registry list and were super excited to find out someone got it for us, but when we were looking at it last night after the shower, we felt it was a lot smaller than what it looked like online.  I'm sure if we started packing it, we would have been able to jam everything in, but ya, just wasn't loving it.  So we returned it and found this one.  Hubby is a bit meh about the turquoise, but I love the colours, and it's so roomy inside!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @laurapcos I love that bag! 
  • Options
    mrszoess said:
    @laurapcos I love that bag! 
    Thanks! I can't find it on the BRU website, but it was about $40 cheaper than the Skip Hop one we returned (granted we spent that $40 and more on a few things we didn't get at our shower)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

On clearance at my local Target! 

Me: 26 ; FI: 27
    DS1: 5 ; DS2: 4m
    Baby #3 Due 9/7/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker