August 2016 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change - July 20th

*It didn't look like anyone had started one, so I took the initiative! It's getting close now, ladies! I know there have never been that many (active) Wednesday ticker changers, but hoping everyone checks in!*

How far along?

What size is baby?

How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What's something you loved to eat as a kid, but totally grosses you out now?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - July 20th

• Options
    How far along? 38 weeks!

What size is baby? Winter Melon. . . whatever that is!

How are you feeling? Oh, that's a loaded one! I feel like total poo. I am beyond ready for this kiddo to come on out and join the world.

Upcoming appointments? 38 week appt on Friday and we'll discuss a possible induction (see below).

Rants/Raves/Questions: Well, my doctor is unexpectedly going to be out of town the week I'm due and the following week. She has been my OBGYN for 10+ years and I really wanted her to be the one to deliver this kiddo. She recently moved to a new practice and while I've met the other doctors, I'm no where near as comfortable with them as I am her. She offered to induce me next Wednesday (at 39 weeks), if everything at my appt that day is looking "favorable". I'm torn. I'm already 75% effaced (as of last appt.), but not dilated. I really wanted a medical-intervention free birth, but am so tempted to go along with an induction just so she can deliver my baby. She's not pressuring me one way or another, and even said if at my appt. next Wednesday I hadn't progressed more, she wouldn't recommend it. 

My OCD self loves the idea of having an exact date this kiddo will be here, but at the same time, I kinda like the idea of waiting and letting her come when she's ready. :/

GTKY: What's something you loved to eat as a kid, but totally grosses you out now? Oh, there's a lot of things! I loved beats and persimmons the most... now as an adult I detest them.
  • Options
    How far along? 35 weeks

What size is baby? Baby is the size of a mini-lop rabbit (medium sized rabbit).

How are you feeling? Very pregnant! 

Upcoming appointments? I had one today. Next one is next Tuesday for my 36 week check. First cervical check, GBS test, all the "fun" stuff...not.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I have been so busy and have way too much stuff going on. It makes me forget to eat sometimes, tired, sore, and cranky! Everyone keeps telling me I will be able to rest with baby once he gets here. Ummm...I will have a 16 month at home also.

GTKY: What's something you loved to eat as a kid, but totally grosses you out now? Fat from meat. I remember we used to have Sunday lunch at my aunt's after church and I would pick the fat off everyone's plate. GROSS!!! I would puke if I had to eat fat now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along?
    38 weeks

What size is baby?
    Pomeranian. Also... A baby! 

How are you feeling?
    Way better than I thought I would at this point. I get tired easier, and there are weird pressures and pains down below, but I expected to be way more miserable. My first and second trimesters were awful so maybe I just got the worst over with early.

Upcoming appointments?
    Weekly appointment on Friday. Hoping for some progress this week!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    The baby dropped about a week and a half ago and I think he might have he scooted back up. Wrong direction kid! 

GTKY: What's something you loved to eat as a kid, but totally grosses you out now?
    Olives! Yuck
  • Options
    How far along? 36 weeks

What size is baby? Papaya

How are you feeling? I'm feeling alright actually, last week was pretty good, I slept good and didn't itch but I didn't sleep good last night and then I've been itching again. I've just been in a bad mood all day. 

Upcoming appointments? I have my 36 week appointment tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

I loved bananas as a kid but I can't eat them now they make me sick. 
  • Options
    How far along? 36 weeks

What size is baby? I stopped caring about fruit/veggie size about 10 weeks ago because it's so inaccurate. So I don't even know and I'm too lazy to check.

How are you feeling? Not too bad, all things considered. Baby dropped a bit, I can tell, because I have more pressure in my pelvis and can breathe more easily. 

Upcoming appointments? Had a growth US today because my belly was measuring 3 weeks ahead last week. Turns out I just have a lot of fluid in there (still within normal range) and baby himself is 53rd percentile, so I won't be induced early. And doc thinks I was right about baby dropping because today I'm only measuring one week ahead. Cervix check = dilated "a fingertip" which is basically nothing.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I have so much I want to get done before baby comes (mostly cleaning the house and making freezer meals) and am having a hard time getting around to it with DS running around and general summer busyness. But I also just want to be done! 

GTKY: What's something you loved to eat as a kid, but totally grosses you out now? Probably fast food in general. I haven't been to a McDonald's (or similar) in years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along? 38 weeks

What size is baby? Wintermelon

How are you feeling? Decent, just getting kind of crabby

Upcoming appointments? Nothing until next Thursday. I had one yesterday and nothing is going on. Baby is still high up, no dilation. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

cream of mushroom soup. 
  • Options
    How far along? 38 weeks

Size of baby? A baby. Probably right about 6 pounds!

How are you feeling? Tired and just generally uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    (A day late!)

How far along? 38 weeks

What size is baby? a spaghetti squash or a ukulele

How are you feeling? I joked yesterday that I felt totally fine, so fine in fact I'm convinced she has decided to stay put thank.you.very.much. But at my appointment yesterday my BP was a little high and my labs showed higher levels than they wanted to see so I'm home today from work doing a 24 hour urine collection and keeping my feet up! Hopefully the lab results we'll get back tomorrow aren't alarming and we can continue monitoring. Otherwise, I'll be induced immediately.

Upcoming appointments? Another blood pressure check on Monday morning unless my labs come back poorly tomorrow.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nope.

GTKY: What's something you loved to eat as a kid, but totally grosses you out now? Fish sticks and creamed corn.