July 2015 Moms

Milk

is anyone else having a hard time with baby and whole milk? How do you make the change. Ive done half formula half milk and he hates it. Also do you still use bottle or sippy cup?

Re: Milk

• We are having a hard time with the whole milk but we aren't really in a rush to transition her. The reason is because she has a sensitive stomach and also she is on a high calorie formula and they don't want to take her off of it just yet. we tried sippy cup and she likes the idea of it but it is more of a introduction 
  • My doctor suggested a very slow transition and it has been working for us so far. She also suggested first transition to milk and then transition off the bottle - if you do it all at once it could cause a "rebellion".  So we did 1 oz at a time and did that amount for 2 days.  We are up to 4 oz of milk (with 2 oz of formula) and my daughter hasn't made a peep. Maybe go back to the bottle and start slow! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • samfein said:
    My doctor suggested a very slow transition and it has been working for us so far. She also suggested first transition to milk and then transition off the bottle - if you do it all at once it could cause a "rebellion".  So we did 1 oz at a time and did that amount for 2 days.  We are up to 4 oz of milk (with 2 oz of formula) and my daughter hasn't made a peep. Maybe go back to the bottle and start slow! Good luck!
    Yup. I thought it was too much change at once to switch to whole milk AND only sippy cup at the same time. By the end of this month we'll be fully transitioned to whole milk (did the taper as above poster) and then in August I'm going to switch fully to sippy cups.