March 2017 Moms
Options

AW Ultrasounds

Re: AW Ultrasounds

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im so excited for everyone... My next appt is friday and I'm super nervous about blighted ovums. I think im just syking myself from reading all the bad news blogs.  Bf just started a new job this week and I don't think they will be letting him off to come to the appt so ill be riding solo. But ill have my phone charged to play cinematographer
  • Options
    jteraye88 said:
    Im so excited for everyone... My next appt is friday and I'm super nervous about blighted ovums. I think im just syking myself from reading all the bad news blogs.  Bf just started a new job this week and I don't think they will be letting him off to come to the appt so ill be riding solo. But ill have my phone charged to play cinematographer

good luck!!!!! <3

SaveSave
  • Options
    Valorie&BabyValorie&Baby member
    edited August 2016
    Reposted
  • Options
    jteraye88 said:
    Good Morning,

you and I were in the same boat. My BF was out of town for work and I had to go it alone. I also started googling and stumbled across blighted ovums and literally made myself sick from thinking about it. Well my appointment was yesterday and everything was just fine. I know it's easier said than done but try not to get so worked up and stressed. Good luck! I know you'll have a healthy little bean in there!
  • Options
    I had the same freak out about blighted ovums too. This is scary. 6 more days to my U/S
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Valorie&amp;Baby & @AprilSB08 Last night I had a dream that I had another US and it was a BO.  HORRIBLE.  I go tomorrow.  It can't get here fast enough.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I am so jealous of your ultrasounds.  I have to wait until next Friday before I get my first MD appt or ultrasound.  They wait until at least 10 weeks to have the first appointment at my MDs office.  Next Friday I will be 10w3d. At least it will be a good ultrasound pic!
  • Options
    @cbhemi1218 the waiting can be terrible! But here's hoping you have a beautiful big baby and a good report on Friday!
  • Options
    Gonna whine for a second, I have my first appointment tomorrow morning and I've been so sure that they are going to do a dating ultra sound, but I just looked up the info on my appt and it says "10 minutes with Dr" ... That doesn't seem like enough time at all for a first appt! Is there someone else or a nurse who does a lot of the other stuff? I was just expecting it to be a bit more lengthy from hearing other people's experiences so far!
  • Options
    @Schumerator mine required a "meet and greet" with the nurse before I could see a dr. 
  • Options
    At my OB practice you always see the nurse for the first appointment then the doctor the appointments after that. 
  • Options
    BelcherEarsBelcherEars member
    edited August 2016
    @Schumerator my Dr's office always schedules a confirmation/dating ultrasound with a tech and blood/urine samples (to test blood type, rh, immunity,  std screening, uti, etc). Then a week later you meet with a obgyn or midwife to discuss the results of labs and talk about medical history, prenatal care, prenatal testing, etc. I wouldn't be too worried if you only saw your dr for a few minutes at the 1st appointment.  There isn't much more information the dr can tell you that the nurse or tech won't already have. You'll probably talk more with your Dr when you go back in for your 2nd appointment and any labs are back. 

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options
    Good to know, thanks for your responses guys! It definitely doesn't matter to me if its a doctor or nurse, I just thought ten minutes seemed short for the first appt lol. As long as there's someone for me to chat with!
  • Options
    @mossn83 how cute is that little baby head, and those arm and leg nubs??  <3

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    mossn83mossn83 member
    edited August 2016
    @JAGinMI It is. The babys little hands and feet were squirming all over the place. It was so cute. 
    Me: 35      Hubs: 27
    Married: 07/04/13
    BFP #1: 8/14/14, Baby Girl born 4/16/15
    BFP #2: 6/21/16, Baby Girl born 2/11/17
    BFP #3: 1/26/19, EDD 10/8/19
    Fur Babies: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Piper and Mia)
  • Options
    @Schumerator your tiny frog baby is so cute! I teared up a little! I'm so impatient for my first appointment, ahh!!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @SienaC haha thank you! I like to think our frog baby takes after myself and that's why it's so cute ;) HA! I know! I was so anxious all week to get this appointment out of the way, when is yours scheduled?
  • Options
    @Schumerator Not until the 15th! I'm dyyying to see our little nugget! Hopefully it takes after me too! Haha

• Options
    Wow! The 3D ultrasound is amazing! Do they do this for everyone? FTM here
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 I DH: 28
    Married: 5-1-15
    EDD: 3-26-17 (GIRL!) I FTM
  • Options
    @SienaC 15th for me too! Ahh!  11 days and counting!  And @Schumerator your frog IS pretty darn adorable!!
  • Options
    @kjd291 Glad to have an ultrasound buddy!  How far along will you be?

• Options
    @SienaC I honestly don't know! Which is why I'm dying to have this dating ultrasound ((on top of the usual desire to make sure baby is a-okay)) I have an 11mo old who I've been nursing, so my cycles had been crazy before BFP. I'm guessing the 15th I'll be around 11weeks, but it could be a week or more give or take.  How far along will you be for pictures of your LO?
  • Options

8weeks 3 days! @kjd291

• Options
    @SienaC Aweome! That'll be a great scan!! Bigger baby than the 6wk mamas so you'll see much more!!
  • Options
    @msimpy11 I think every place is different.. my place does it without me asking they just select it on their screen and it changes over.. I'd definitely ask though at your next appointment 
  • Options
    @ashannon3490 thank you for the info! My first appointment is this Tuesday- can't wait to see something
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 I DH: 28
    Married: 5-1-15
    EDD: 3-26-17 (GIRL!) I FTM
  • Options
    At this point it's almost an anomaly to have a singleton on this board.
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    At this point it's almost an anomaly to have a singleton on this board.
    Hah! Seriously!!! And we'll probably have more arrive, since not everyone has even been in for an US! Craziness!