February 2017 Moms
Options

Appointments week of July 11

Meeting with your doc or midwife this week?  Seeing your little gummy bear for the first (or second or third or fifth) time? Anxious or excited about some test results?  Chat about it here!

Re: Appointments week of July 11

• Options
    I finally have my first appointment tomorrow!!!! We get to see baby and I'm so ready for it to be tomorrow morning already! Can we just skip today?
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I see the midwife for the first time Wednesday!! I'll be able to schedule my ultrasound after that appointment so hopefully by the end of the week ::fingers crossed:: 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have my first U/S tomorrow at 1pm and I'm pretty nervous since my doctor didn't want to do any hcg levels or anything I really have no clue if everything will be OK or not. Also this probably sounds stupid but I'm a little nervous about it being trans-vaginal. I hope it doesn't hurt too bad or cause any bleeding. I just really don't know what to expect. DH is worried he won't see the baby when the point to where it is. I don't see my doctor for a few more weeks so I hope the U/S technician tells us something...
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    Meeting with our new doctor on Wednesday for our first appointment.  Unfortunately our previous OB stopped delivering soon after we had our twins.  It was to early to see the baby when I went for my confirmation ultrasound (I was only 4 weeks and 6 days), I'm hoping she will do one in the office this time.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    First ultrasound tomorrow at 930am! I'm pumped!

• Options
    SweetTSweetT member
    I have my first ultrasound tomorrow at 9:30! I am so excited but also nervous. This pregnancy is so different then my last one I can't help but think something is wrong. 
  • Options
    I have my second ultrasound on Friday morning.   It's going to be a long week.  I am very nervous after previous losses. Everything was measuring exactly right at my first ultrasound so I'm trying to stay positive.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    Today in 2 hours!!!! Excited and nervous. Last time at 5w5d all we could see was the sac. Hopefully all these symptoms means everything is progressing well. Excited to tell our parents if everything goes as planned today. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    2nd ultrasound on Wednesday with my RE. If all looks well, then I will move on to appointments with my OB!
  • Options
    I'm anxious for my panorama test results. I'm pretty confident there are no genetic abnormalities, but confirmation will ease my mind. My mom had a miscarriage and when they tested the tissue they found the baby had Down's syndrome. I've taken a lot of Folic Acid (also have a cousin with spinal bifida). But if I'm truly honest, I'm most looking forward to knowing the sex. I'm also slightly nervous the test will come back and be told there was no fetal DNA in my blood even though it was done at 9.5 weeks.
  • Options
    I have my 2nd appt on Thursday, including our 2nd ultrasound.  My midwife wanted to get a 2nd ultrasound to make sure baby is growing etc since the first one was pretty early.

• Options
    aecmaecm member
    First appointment with my nurse practitioner on Friday. My checkups seem to alternate between her and my OBGYN, who I won't meet until the end of the month (ugh). I have a couple medical conditions that are going to be making things a tad more complicated, so I'm really relieved to finally be able to talk to someone. 

Small rant....I feel like I've had to push so hard for proper care / getting seen in a timely manner since my BFP. Is this normal!? You would think that the receptionists for some of these physicians would hear "pregnancy" and realize that your needs are somewhat time sensitive. Because I know I'm going to be a complex patient, I tried to get in to see my NP or OBGYN earlier, which was "impossible.". I needed a neurology consult, and ended up having my referring physician call to get me in this week because the office was trying to book me an appointment in....wait for it....OCTOBER. But yeah, I've actually got a total of three appointments this week and I'm pretty nervous about how things are going to go with the neurologist. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    aecmaecm member
    I have my first U/S tomorrow at 1pm and I'm pretty nervous since my doctor didn't want to do any hcg levels or anything I really have no clue if everything will be OK or not. Also this probably sounds stupid but I'm a little nervous about it being trans-vaginal. I hope it doesn't hurt too bad or cause any bleeding. I just really don't know what to expect. DH is worried he won't see the baby when the point to where it is. I don't see my doctor for a few more weeks so I hope the U/S technician tells us something...
    You sound like you're reading my thoughts from the end of June! I was nervous about my first ultrasound and the possibility of being trans-vaginal. They actually tried to do abdominal with me, but apparently I have a retroverted uterus so we had to go trans-vaginal. Trust me when I say not to stress out about that part. The wand has plenty of lubricating gel on it, and it doesn't go up very far at all. I'm pretty sure I've put in tampons farther up than they put that wand! I also didn't have hcg levels, so it didn't feel "real" even though I hadn't had a period and the home pregnancy tests were clearly positive. Odds are everything is fine and you'll leave tomorrow's appointment feeling fantastic with a few pictures to show off!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    Everything went great! Measuring exactly on target 8w5d, strong heartbeat! It was pretty surreal to see. The only bad news is I have to find a new doctor. My doctor isn't taking on any new pregnancy patients as she has 2 kids and one who is special needs. She wants to spend more time with them. Can't argue with that can you? 

So off to find a new Doctor. But other than that everything was terrific. 
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • Options
    aecmathew said:
    You sound like you're reading my thoughts from the end of June! I was nervous about my first ultrasound and the possibility of being trans-vaginal. They actually tried to do abdominal with me, but apparently I have a retroverted uterus so we had to go trans-vaginal. Trust me when I say not to stress out about that part. The wand has plenty of lubricating gel on it, and it doesn't go up very far at all. I'm pretty sure I've put in tampons farther up than they put that wand! I also didn't have hcg levels, so it didn't feel "real" even though I hadn't had a period and the home pregnancy tests were clearly positive. Odds are everything is fine and you'll leave tomorrow's appointment feeling fantastic with a few pictures to show off!
    I was nervous about having an internal ultrasound, too, but it was a lot more comfortable than I expected. The tech let me insert the wand, and she was super gentle with it and it didn't hurt a bit. Not to be vulgar, but it was a lot smaller than a vibrator... or like... a penis. So it didn't hurt a bit. After a second, I completely forgot about it. 
  • Options
    I have my first appt Wednesday afternoon. So jelly of all you getting u/s. My doctor does not routinely do them early so I won't get one until 18/19 weeks. I will probably beg for one earlier but absolutely refuse to lie to make it happen. Hopefully since I had a loss in April he'll humor me.

Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options
    I have my first appointment on Wednesday.  Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly!

• Options
    I have my first prenatal appointment with my doctor on Friday. I'm told it's mostly going to be a physical, as well as discussing anything that came back from my blood tests. I know it's nothing big, and certainly not my first ultra sound, but I am still kind of nervous. I still don't have an OBGYN yet, and my doctor doesn't deliver babies anymore, so I hope one gets recommended to me. Right now just fingers crossed that everything is still on track.
  • Options
    I have the best OB. My ten week appt was scheduled for after my trip to see my best friend it was made based on the ultrasound my OB did, but I would be closer to 12 weeks based on my measurement ultrasound so her nurse changed my appt so I could be see. This week before I leave. ☺️

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • Options
    First appointment on friday. Cant wait to hopefully see the little bean and hear the heartbeat 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a follow up ultrasound on Friday to see how I am progressing because our little bean was measuring behind based on LMP. I have long cycles so I expected that - excited to get an official due date too!
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MalyJMalyJ member
    Yes! First ultrasound this Thursday. I'm incredibly excited, but also nervous. More nervous than my previous two kiddos, not sure why though. Anxious to get an official due date, because O due date and LMP due date are a bit off. When ppl ask how far along I am I have a hundred different answers I could give. Okay not a hundred, but still.

• Options
    krob said:
    Everything went great! Measuring exactly on target 8w5d, strong heartbeat! It was pretty surreal to see. The only bad news is I have to find a new doctor. My doctor isn't taking on any new pregnancy patients as she has 2 kids and one who is special needs. She wants to spend more time with them. Can't argue with that can you? 

So off to find a new Doctor. But other than that everything was terrific. 
    Ahhhhh so happy (except for having to find a new doctor)!!!
  • Options
    Had an appointment with an ultrasound this afternoon! Heartbeat was 158 and I was measuring about a week behind which is suspected to be the case thinking I ovulated late. Due date is updated to 2/21. There was something she wanted to keep an eye on (I can't remember exactly) so I have another US on three weeks. We are/were planning to go wth a midwife at a birth center but she suggested I still go my first Dr.s appt. My doctor raised the idea of still delivering at the hospital but doing most of my laboring at home and coming to the hospital fairly late. So now I feel back at square one. I ADORE my doctor, she really is wonderful, but I also like the idea of doing a birth center. Anywho, if you have any thoughts on the idea I'm open to hearing them. 
  • Options
    krobkrob member
    @Patience7150 So happy for you too. Especially with everything you've been through. Fingers crossed things keep going as planned!!!!
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • Options
    @rachoochoo2 my appointment is tomorrow! Do you go to the east clinic?

My first appointment is tomorrow. Idk if my ob does ultrasounds normally at this point, but he did with my last pregnancy. And if i remember correctly I did have an ultrasound with my first son, different doctor, and I think he sent me upstairs to the actual ultrasound techs where as my current doctor just did it in the downstairs ultrasound room that's actually part of the clinic. So I'm hopeful. I had a chemical pregnancy the cycle before this one, so I've been super paranoid. So fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Thanks @aecmathew and @MonaLisaRalphio that is reassuring that it isn't so bad. I've had ultrasounds for other medical issues before and so while I know it's a different tool in my head I keep picturing this giant thing coming at me... haha. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @rachoochoo2 my appointment is tomorrow! Do you go to the east clinic?

My first appointment is tomorrow. Idk if my ob does ultrasounds normally at this point, but he did with my last pregnancy. And if i remember correctly I did have an ultrasound with my first son, different doctor, and I think he sent me upstairs to the actual ultrasound techs where as my current doctor just did it in the downstairs ultrasound room that's actually part of the clinic. So I'm hopeful. I had a chemical pregnancy the cycle before this one, so I've been super paranoid. So fingers crossed!
    @Beauxbaton yes, I do go to the east one! I go at 2:45. How about you? I'm going to message you. We need to be Facebook friends!
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options
    I had an ultrasound this morning and they saw a heartbeat but told me that I'm measuring a week behind. I'm frustrated because I track ovulation and I was able to tell them the day of ovulation, the only day of the month we had unprotected sex, AND the day of implantation bleeding, but they wouldn't even talk to me about why I would be measuring a week behind on the US when I know exactly when I ovulated/implanted. They were just completely dismissive of my questions and told me that "not everything is science" and "it's just up to Mother Nature." I have a science background so that kind of explanation just rubs me the wrong way. I'm switching to midwives next week and I feel really good about that decision now. I'm happy they found a heartbeat but I'm also freaking out about measuring a week behind without any explanation on why that could be happening :(
  • Options
    I have my first appointment with my midwife on Friday! I will be 8 weeks, 5 days. This is my first pregnancy with her so I do not know if I will have an ultrasound that day or if I will have to go back next week. (I know she will write me an order for an ultrasound but I am not sure of the scheduling). I am super nervous. I have had losses so ultrasounds (especially the first one) are always so nerve-wracking for me. I know the next few days will drag.

4 losses- MC in 2006, MMC in February 2012 at 12 weeks and MMC (twins) August 2016 at 12 weeks. Pregnant again- 11/7/16. Another loss on December 28, 2016.

BFP April 23, 2017.  Our triple rainbow baby! EDD: January 2, 2018. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Everyone was right, the trans-vaginal US was nothing to be worried about. It was only a little awkward at first but no more so than regular gyno exams and then you see the baby and heartbeat and nothing else really matters. I totally cried when I saw the heartbeat. Also my nausea is doing way better since the exam so I think part of my nausea was just I was worrying myself sick. I'm sure it's not all gone  but I do honestly feel better for right now.
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    My appointment was today. Had an ultrasound. The heartbeat was nice and quick at 181. Measuring a smidge ahead. 
  • Options
    @migdala ultrasounds can be several days off in their measurements. And even if you had spotting that could have been implantation bleeding, it's really impossible to know if that is truly the day a fertilized egg implanted. try not to worry too much!

are they going to do a repeat ultrasound in a few weeks to see if baby is still growing at an appropriate rate?
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @angeltennis3 Thank you for that! Googled a ton and trying not to worry... It was just hard to hear "no, you are definitely 6 weeks" when I am certain of my ovulation date. But you're right, maybe I implanted late and that spotting was just something else!  We are switching to midwives as of Monday and they'll be doing their own US, so I just have to calm down until then.
  • Options
    @migdala I had what I thought was implantation bleeding, but it turns out to be impossible because baby measured exactly on target with my later O date (I had a confusing chart based on an *almost* positive OPK and some wacky temps).  Implantation bleeding is so incredibly rare that it's much, much more likely to just have random mid-cycle spotting.  Factor out that is-it-or-isn't-it implantation bleeding, and you might just have a run-of-the-mill case of a later implantation date and/or a wonky ultrasound.  Stay away from Google!  It is the devil!

Glad to hear you're moving to a MW that you'll be more comfortable with, though.  Once someone rubs you the wrong way, it's hard to get that trust back.
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio Thank you!! I have always been a worrier and I am starting to think this pregnancy is a giant lesson in how to calm down and just give it up to God. Which is probably a good lesson to learn before having a kid... Really looking forward to Monday and another US though. I think you ladies are right and I should ignore the spotting that I thought was implantation bleeding. That makes me feel somewhat relieved.
  • Options
    Second ultrasound on Friday morning. I can't wait!! Last time I would get so anxious and scared before my sonos I feel oddly calm this time. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Just got back from my doctors appointment, no ultrasound but she said everything is looking great so far.  I go back to she her in 1 month and just scheduled my 12 week ultrasound on Aug 15.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker