February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (7/11)

Re: Weekly Randoms (7/11)

• Options
    @concreteangell  yeah they scheduled my next 3 appointments at my first ultrasound. My anatamy scan is early September (I forgot the exact date). I'll be 19 weeks and some change too.
  • Options
    A lot of us have had our first ultrasound by now. Do any of you have your anatomy scan scheduled yet? Curious to know if we all have similar dates!

Mine is set for September 20th. I should be 19 weeks and change by then. 
    Oh wow! Nope, not yet. I've talked them about it, though. I'll have to have mine early, during Week 18+ (which has been MW approved) since I'll be far, far away for work weeks 19-21. I'll have to see about nailing it down soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aecmaecm member
    A lot of us have had our first ultrasound by now. Do any of you have your anatomy scan scheduled yet? Curious to know if we all have similar dates!

Yup. I'm scheduled for October 6th, and I'll almost be 21 weeks. I'm heading out of town for a wedding right at 20 weeks, so I had to bump it back a bit. All my appointments are scheduled through my 28 week checkup and Glucola test in early December, and apparently I'm supposed to schedule even farther out by the end of this month! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 how exciting :) nice little bonus that you'll see your baby earlier than planned! Our OB makes the apointment for the A/S after the dating ultrasound seeing as I will be getting just the two. 

they sometimes do a quick one at 35 weeks to see if baby is head down but seeing as I will have a planned c section don't think I'll get one. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Yep, mine is 9/21, I should be just over 20 weeks.

It feels so far away!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 how exciting :) nice little bonus that you'll see your baby earlier than planned! Our OB makes the apointment for the A/S after the dating ultrasound seeing as I will be getting just the two. 

they sometimes do a quick one at 35 weeks to see if baby is head down but seeing as I will have a planned c section don't think I'll get one. 
    It is a good plus! The timing of the trip is unfortunate. The MW said they can't always get all the measurements at 18 weeks, but that it was within the acceptable range. I'm glad they're willing to work with me but for some reason I feel stressed out now. It'll hopefully be my only other US too. Mine are all done in the same office as the midwives and OBs though-is that the case for you? Maybe that's the difference. 
  • Options
    Yep, mine is 9/21, I should be just over 20 weeks.

It feels so far away!
    It really does! 

Yet, time is kinda flying. Some of us are 11 weeks now and within a short few weeks, people will be announcing the sex of their baby after genetic testing. It's kinda crazy.
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 I wouldn't worry about it. DS's scan was at 18 weeks and everything went really smoothly. The tech saw everything she needed to see in no time at all. 

Our ob does the dating ultrasound at their office with a charge of 50$ and the A/S can also be done at their office but they charge 200$. The hospital they're affiliated with do the A/S free of charge and so we get it done there. 
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 I wouldn't worry about it. DS's scan was at 18 weeks and everything went really smoothly. The tech saw everything she needed to see in no time at all. 

Our ob does the dating ultrasound at their office with a charge of 50$ and the A/S can also be done at their office but they charge 200$. The hospital they're affiliated with do the A/S free of charge and so we get it done there. 
    Oh how interesting! Insurance is so bizarre. All of mine are just subject to my deductible. 
  • Options
    I actually purchased the instapot from the Amazon Deal Day.  It is a good deal, and I'm really excited to experiment with it.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    GingersnapGingersnap member
    edited July 2016
    ::runs to check out Instapot::
    eta: click, click, done! 
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2016
    I guess my doctors are pretty laid back with some things. I know my next ultrasound and appointment is in 2 weeks because it is the last time I will see the doctor at the fertility clinic and it will be the NT. Nothing will be scheduled until that date.

We schedule 1 appointment ahead at a time. The anatomy scan will be around 20 weeks but I don't need to schedule it. At my appointment closest to that time I will be given a requesition and I go for the ultrasound wherever is convenient. (There is a lab/x-ray/ultrasound place really close to my house so I will go there) 
    Edit
  • Options
    Just an FYI, but I just got an email from Lucie's List about a $5K registry giveaway!  Here's the info in case anyone wants to enter.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Hmm, interesting to read that some of you already have your A/S scheduled. I have my NT scan in about a month, but they didn't say anything about scheduling later appointments at my last scan. My schedule starts getting really wild at the end of August, and I'll have a very limited availability for appointments (like, 3:30 or later on only two days per week), and my doctor's office is very busy, so I wonder if they would let me schedule my later scans now if I asked? Anyone have any experience with this?
  • Options
    @concreteangell Yep! Mine is scheduled for Sept 6th, I'll be 18 weeks 3 days!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio definitely wouldn't hurt to ask. I have my u/s done at my ob's office, so I don't schedule anything until the appointment before. That works for us, but I have some flexibility in my world. I'm sure they'd appreciate the heads up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @concreteangell my first u/s isn't until week 20. :/ I guess it'll be a twofer...
  • Options

September 16th! 
  • Options
    @MonaLisaRalphio I have no experience with that but I'm sure if you explained the situation, they might make an exception and try to book your a/s in advance to make sure you get an apointment. Definitely worth a shot!
  • Options
    I'm jealous of how far out everyone has their scans planned.  I just have through mid-august (my 8 week, 10 week and 12 week) appointments planned.   

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @tennis11785 - I'm jealous too - I've got stuff scheduled through the start of August but then we move and I have no clue who I'll be seeing. I hope to get that sorted in the next week or two.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm super jealous too. My office only does one appointment at a time. 
  • Options
    I must be in the minority, but I like scheduling one thing at a time. 
    I get too overwhelmed by a bunch of impending appointments. 
  • Options
    I'm currently at my kids PT appt and had to go sit outside because of the smell of the vanilla coffee someone made. I love coffee. Wtf. 
  • Options
    @monalisaralphio with my first, I always liked the 8 am appointment so it didn't interfere with my work day too much. I would schedule several appointments in advance to make sure I got convenient times for me. They had no problem with that. 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm currently at my kids PT appt and had to go sit outside because of the smell of the vanilla coffee someone made. I love coffee. Wtf. 
    I used to drink 3 coffees a day before getting pregnant. For 5 days straight not long after bfp, I attempted a coffee every morning but would feel the need to throw up so I kicked it. I miss my coffee so much.... Especially because my kid still wakes up at 6 am every day....
  • Options
    Jelly of anyone whose kid will willing eat a vegetable. 
    I have to bribe my kid to eat BLUEBERRIES. 
    Who DAFUQ doesn't like blueberries??
    My niece! She's the same age as my youngest (2) and she looked at me like I had two heads when I tried to give her a piece of watermelon the other day. My sister was like "oh she doesn't eat fruit." WTAF?
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options
    I schedule my appts one at a time and then when I get to the every 2 weeks and once a week I schedule them all at the same time. My big u/s should be at 18-19 weeks so the end of September.
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• Options
    Maybe I should save this for FFFC but I DL Pokémon Go on Sunday. It's pretty fun  :D
  • Options
    FishyMomFishyMom member
    edited July 2016
    NT Scan!! Ahhhhh I haven't even picked an OB yet!! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    @mommabean I'm sooo tempted but I've never been into Pokemon 

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• Options
    FishyMom said:
    @mommabean I'm sooo tempted but I've never been into Pokemon 
    Me neither - I think I'm too old. I'm almost 32 and I think the Pokemon craze was a few years behind me. But I wanted to see what all the hype was about!
  • Options
    MommaBean said:
    Maybe I should save this for FFFC but I DL Pokémon Go on Sunday. It's pretty fun  :D
    Yeah, I feel like a jerk for making fun of it the other day because I totally did too. It is fun. I walk a lot anyway, and it makes things more interesting. I had no prior knowledge of Pokemon but it doesn't seem to matter. 
  • Options
    MommaBean said:
    Yeah, I feel like a jerk for making fun of it the other day because I totally did too. It is fun. I walk a lot anyway, and it makes things more interesting. I had no prior knowledge of Pokemon but it doesn't seem to matter. 
    This is making me want to jump in!! I'm scared!!

• Options
    No Pokemon Go here in Canada - but when I move in 3 weeks (eep!) maybe I'll download it then - sounds like it is interesting but also that it may be making more zombie phone walkers (my newly devised name for people who don't look where they're walking because they're on their phone)...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited July 2016
    catiecatp said:
    No Pokemon Go here in Canada - but when I move in 3 weeks (eep!) maybe I'll download it then - sounds like it is interesting but also that it may be making more zombie phone walkers (my newly devised name for people who don't look where they're walking because they're on their phone)...
    That can't be true, there are people playing it here. Where are you? Maybe it isn't all over.edit-No, it isn't supposed to be here yet but people figured it out so they are playing.

Edit @catiecatp It wasn't officially released here but people are playing it so if you really want to join in you can. People always figure out a way, I guess they couldn't wait.
  • Options
    With DD, my OB only scheduled one appt at a time. This time around, they scheduled as many as they could in advance. I think I have up until October scheduled. It was kind of weird considering I have no idea what I'll be doing those days and will likely have to reschedule lol. I kind of liked only one at a time better myself, although it is kind of nice to have little milestone appts to look forward to. 
  • Options
    And the naming pressure from MIL has begun. She's mostly been so great, but concluded a phone conversation last night by saying I should "really honor my father" by using his name as a middle name for a boy. Her deceased father shares the same name. Honestly? It's a nice name and it might have been in the running, but not if you pressure me like that. I was only able to deflect her by saying (falsely) that I "feel like it's a girl."

Plan to keep name a secret until birth has been officially confirmed!
    I envy those who can keep names a secret.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3