July 2015 Moms
Options

Wake up early

My LO keeps waking up earlier and earlier. Before she went to be at 730 and would sleep until 7. Then first nap would be at 9. Now she still goes to bed at 730 but keeps waking up around 5. Then nap at 7. She is throwing off schedule which bothers me. Lol. But mostly that she wakes up cranky and needing more sleep. I try to cuddle her asleep after I feed her, but it doesn't work. 

She has 3 naps during the day. They are usually an hour a peice. I can't figure out what is going on with her. Any ideas? 

Re: Wake up early

• Options
    AKOL0AKOL0 member
    Well right now she is on her third nap. Today she woke up a bit before 5, first nap was from 7-9, second nap was from 1130-1, and then the third nap is currently going but it'll probably be at least an hour if not hour and a half. She doesn't seem sick but she is sleeping a crap ton. She went through a lot of growth spurts for a few weeks. Basically every other week was a spurt that lasted a week. I'm going to give her a few more days and then take her to the doc. 
  • Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    Could be a leap and teething combined especially since they are
    approaching the 1 year leap! Hang in there mama! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AKOL0 my LO has been doing this for a couple or a few weeks now. It has really thrown us through a loop, especially the evenings I work since I'm not showered and in bed until 1am. When LO woke up between 7 & 8, I could manage... But between 5 & 6... Talk about exhausted! I simply have to nap when he naps to make it work. I thought it was due to the leap, but it's now week 50 for us and the next one is around the corner...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @mrsrep123 thank you for responding. For my girl, I think it was a leap. She was sleeping a lot for about a week and then went back to almost normal. She is sleeping from 7:30 to 6:30/7. With naps, sometimes it last an hour and a half but mostly an hour. So she usually naps 3 hours over 3 naps. I don't work so my sleep isn't super important. 
  • Options
    mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited July 2016
    @AKOL0 I'm glad she's back to her normal schedule! Hopefully my LO follows suit! Luckily, my DH will tend to him the mornings I came home from work and work that day (does that make sense, lol) so that I can get some extra zzz's... But I only work two days in a row before I have a day off or two. It works because I get mornings and early afternoons (go in at 3:30) with LO then he's home with DH. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17