July 2015 Moms

How many toys?

Hey ladies!
so we are going to Hawaii for 10 days for my family reunion. First time our daughter is flying and being away from home this long. How much toys do you recommend on bringing? We bought her some toys for the dollar store for the plane that we can throw or loose throughout the trip. Thanks for the comments! 

Re: How many toys?

• Do you mean for on plane or while in Hawaii? Sounds like an amazing trip 
  • samfein said:
    Do you mean for on plane or while in Hawaii? Sounds like an amazing trip 
    Both :) i want to make sure that she is entertained and have some familiar toys but I also don't want to pack too much toys. 
  • Loading the player...
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    Hello mama! :smile: so my son has flown twice since he was born and he is flying again at the end of July. I usually take all his car seat toys, some of them include teething, and Sophie the giraffe. Also I've found my son really loves books so if you think your daughter would be interested in them then you could bring a couple of books. It's a great idea about buying some toys in the dollar store just in case they lose it, I will do this for our next trip. My mom also takes his baby gym, since it's easier than taking the walker lol he doesn't lag and play but he sometimes he sits and plays with the toys in them and that's familiar to him while he is away and keeps him entertain in the apartment we stay at. How long is the trip to Hawaii? We have only flown to Miami and Orlando, so I would make sure to bring enough variety so you can keep them entertain during the flight. I'm sure it will be a good one for your guys! Everything will be okay mama,  Hawwaii sound sooo fun and a memorable first trip for your baby girl and you guys as a family! For us for the second flight my son was asleep most of the time but it's always good to be prepared! Keep us posted mama! :blush: God bless! 
  • So for the plane I found my LO was very happy to just "take it in", but of course that depends on the child. My daughter loves to just look around. We of course brought some of her favorite toys, but tried to leave the ones that made a ton of noise at home.  For when you are in Hawaii I would pack some of her favorite and most familiar toys and things that make your life easier (maybe a favorite playmat or seat or whatever) and then borrow the rest from relatives or friends there or order a few from Amazon to the house there and then bring home with you.  Hope this helps! Have fun and safe travels!!  Oh and a non-toy related tip. Have sanitation wipes with you on plane and have them in an easy place to grab and wipe down anything the baby or you will touch - arm rests, table tray, seat etc. I am not a germ phobe, but it is pretty gross on the plane.
  • Thanks ladies :) flight was a success and so far the trip is going great
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    AziaNick said:
    Thanks ladies :) flight was a success and so far the trip is going great
    So glad to hear that mama!! Keep us posted and enjoy! :wink:
  • AziaNick said:
    Thanks ladies :) flight was a success and so far the trip is going great
    Great news! Enjoy ☀️