1st Trimester

Suggestion

Since everyone is so concerned about sexual identity labeling why doesn't the bump do away with any team pink or team blue or tickers with anything but green backgrounds?  Isn't it presumptuous that if the baby's sex is one or the other that they should be identified by a particular color?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Suggestion

• leksiLleksiL member
    I'm all for letting your children pick their own identity, but doing away with the fun of "team pink" and "team blue" is ridiculous. The classification of a baby's sex while it's in utero will NOT cause any psychological or emotional damage to the fetus.   That said, I will have pink, blue and every other color in the kid's wardrobe/nursery because in the end it doesn't matter (and hand-me-downs!). The kid will be who it is. 

I remember my parents tried keeping me in overalls as a kid and all I wanted to wear was frilly dresses and patent leather shoes. My sister was the opposite. I have devastating pictures of me in horrible calico dresses. I guess the point is all kids are subjected to their parents' dressing whims as kids and we all get over it. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Loading the player...
  • SSCmomma said:
    Since everyone is so concerned about sexual identity labeling why doesn't the bump do away with any team pink or team blue or tickers with anything but green backgrounds?  Isn't it presumptuous that if the baby's sex is one or the other that they should be identified by a particular color?
    qfp. 

i personally have more of an issue with people confusing he terms gender and sex. 
  • mrszoess said:
    SSCmomma said:
    qfp. 

i personally have more of an issue with people confusing he terms gender and sex. 
    I wrote in quotes that way on purpose.  That was point.  Its the same old same old.  Someone says it.  People get pissy.  People quote and delete.  Over and over and over again.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • But it the SAME over and over again.  I was on the boards 2 years ago and it was the same then.  No one searches the old posts as they should.
    That was not the point of my original post though.  I never disputed the whole gender/sex thing.  My point was that for a group that is sooooo concerned about it to apply labels like Team Pink or Team Blue to designate the predicted sex seems to be contradictory.  If you're going to maintain complete gender neutrality then do that in its entirety. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is it Tuesday? 
    Because I'm smelling waffles! 
    Sniffle Sniffle.  I'm so hurt.  Boo Woo Boo Woo.  You're just too clever and articulate for me using those being fancy references.  I concede to your absolute superiority.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Zoey1019 said:
    SSCmomma said:
    But it the SAME over and over again.  I was on the boards 2 years ago and it was the same then.  No one searches the old posts as they should.
    That was not the point of my original post though.  I never disputed the whole gender/sex thing.  My point was that for a group that is sooooo concerned about it to apply labels like Team Pink or Team Blue to designate the predicted sex seems to be contradictory.  If you're going to maintain complete gender neutrality then do that in its entirety. 
    Go make your own "STM" group and quit with this crazy....

@MonaLisaRalphio I think this confirms straw man.

What does starting another group have to do with my original suggestion?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • you made another post asking for a stm group and got snippy about it 
  • That was a separate post.  Are you obsessed with me or something.  You're getting follower creepy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The post about another group was several days ago.  I did post the suggestion on both the f17and 1tri boards because those are the two I currently follow.  I also follow the over 35 board but didn't post it there because it didn't seem relevant to that group.  As for being notable, remember me, don't remember me, it isn't important.  I'll come and go here and there when I'm bored.  Feel free to reply or not if or when I post or respond to something.  Do whatever makes you happy.  I don't take these boards too seriously.  BTDT.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • the posts were one after another. 
  • I posted about the additional group on the 22nd.  If they were consecutive its because of inactivity on the boards.  The pages used to be jumping but everyone left.  I had forgotten why but I remember now.  Thanks for reminding me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SSCmomma said:
    Is it Tuesday? 
    Because I'm smelling waffles! 
    Sniffle Sniffle.  I'm so hurt.  Boo Woo Boo Woo.  You're just too clever and articulate for me using those being fancy references.  I concede to your absolute superiority.
    What? 
  • leksiLleksiL member
    hehe sounds like the February board might be interesting! off to lurk  >:)
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"