June 2016 Moms

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• @AmberLiz99 that sucks. I hope there's some pregnancy discrimination card you can pull to make them reconsider. Maybe a doctor's note or something?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited July 2016
    @June2016BabyW my job is completely remote. I'm part of a team of analysts, and there is basically no interaction except through email to resolve issues. You're expected to self manage, and make arrangements in advance. Since I didn't notify them and missed the mandatory requirement, they automatically take action. I petitioned for reinstatement, but because they have a high number of analysts right now my petition wasn't considered. I'm still trying to see if there's a different angle I can try, but it's not looking good.

Joys of being an independent contractor 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks. I'm an independent contractor as well and had full support of both of my jobs. Including one where I had to just send a text to tell them to find other coverage the day I got sent to be induced since it was last minute and almost 2 weeks before my due date. And I had a bunch of clients that had to be cancelled who were on my schedule. Every one was really understanding knowing that couldn't exactly plan precisely when she was coming.
  • Ugh at a loss.  DS. Drained both sides but is still acting like he's starving by rooting and shaking his head while trying to latch and is so awake.  He's been up since 2 with the exception of a 45 min nap in the car.
  • If anyone has a good response, I'm all ears. My son does the same thing in the middle of the night. 
  • When mine is cluster feeding like that I just let her keep going. The LC I see put it nicely: it isn't a storage facility, it's a factory. We keep making as long as they keep eating. And when they cluster like that it is to help up the supply. So even when we feel drained they can keep getting getting milk out. I also like when she has been at it for awhile because it seems like she is getting more hindmilk.
  • @AmberLiz99 That absolutely sucks. I hope things resolve or you find an even better work situation. It would be impossible not to feel very stressed about it. If I think of a connection or opportunity that might be available, I will let you know.
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• DUDE!!!!!?!! random wind up stuffed animal just played a couple notes from inside the pile of toys... Do i think Toy Story or Poltergeist?!?!  Or do I need sleep?
  • @egirl1025 my sister had a doll with a cackle do a laugh and would say things like "come play with me". That's dolls batteries lasted for decades and you would randomly hear it just start laughing and saying come play with me. Creepy AF.

Could not get little girl to settle down last night so had her on my chest to soothe her and get her to fall asleep. It worked too well and both of us fell asleep. And of course that is the one time she has slept more than 3 hours between feedings. Crap. Woke up, lights are still all on, I hadn't pumped yet, she is on my chest and I am in the recliner, and it is time for her to feed again. And now she is kicking around in her crib, no where ready to fall asleep again.
  • egirl1025 said:
    DUDE!!!!!?!! random wind up stuffed animal just played a couple notes from inside the pile of toys... Do i think Toy Story or Poltergeist?!?!  Or do I need sleep?
    This would freak me out!! When DS was little he was crying and I looked on the monitor and saw the glider going back and forth and I was too scared to go up there! I woke up DH and he confirmed it was rocking and he went and got DS and we brought him downstairs. Turns out the powerful box fan got moved and was making it rock. But that next day I packed up and for out of the house till we figured it out. I DONT PLAY THAT lol
  • @AmberLiz99 that so crappy about your job hoping something works out quick that sounds very stressful on top of having three kids. GL
  • Thanks everyone! 
    Starting the job applications today. Really hoping to find something else that I don't need childcare for.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • egirl1025 said:
    DUDE!!!!!?!! random wind up stuffed animal just played a couple notes from inside the pile of toys... Do i think Toy Story or Poltergeist?!?!  Or do I need sleep?
    That would really creep me out at night!

My 5 year old was talking in his sleep the other night and over the monitor it sounded like someone was whispering in their room. I ran in there to find both kids sleeping soundly, lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use to have this ball that would talk and roll around, well if you didn't turn it off it would go into sleep mode and then randomly roll and talk. It freaked my MIL out and she thought it was her dead mom trying to communicate. She believes that her mother's constantly around, I got a kick out of it! 
  • DS is 4 weeks old. Anyone else have their LO sleeping for 5 hours at night?  The past few nights the only time I hear him wake is to fart/poop but he seems to be skipping a feeding.  Normally he is passed out by 9 and will eat every 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours but now he's skipping the first night feeding after we put him to bed, then after that night feeding it's back to 3 hours.  I think I'm gonna start using my super stay dry diaper for when we put him to bed so he doesn't get uncomfortable.  
  • DS is 4 weeks old. Anyone else have their LO sleeping for 5 hours at night?  The past few nights the only time I hear him wake is to fart/poop but he seems to be skipping a feeding.  Normally he is passed out by 9 and will eat every 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours but now he's skipping the first night feeding after we put him to bed, then after that night feeding it's back to 3 hours.  I think I'm gonna start using my super stay dry diaper for when we put him to bed so he doesn't get uncomfortable.  
    Dd is 2 weeks and she sleeps 5-5 1/2 hours after I first put her to bed at 8 or 8:30. She wakes up again about 3 hours later to eat again. 

My kids have all naturally made the first stretch of sleep progressively longer until they were sleeping all the way through by around 3 months. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sam will be five weeks tomorrow and he is sleeping from sometime between 8-9pm until about 3am. After that he goes back to eating every 2-3 hours. 
  • Ahhh I am so jealous maybe one day my little girl will make it 5-6 hrs she makes it 4 on a good night for her first stretch then 2.5-3 after that. I will be celebrating once that happens with some adult beverages! 
  • Oh this sounds so nice.. I'm still so nervous about letting him go longer than 4 hours!!  Which I know is not going to help me in the long run... I have not been instructed to wake him to feed him anymore and he has finally reached the 2nd percentile in weight.  Maybe I will have to give it a try.  Sleep is an amazing thing...

Do you find that they eat more frequently during the day when they sleep longer at night?
  • My LO is 6 days old and I am still waking him after 3 hours at night if he's not already up.  I'll talk to my pediatrician too but when can I let him go longer at night (if he's still sleeping)?
  • egirl1025 said:
    Oh this sounds so nice.. I'm still so nervous about letting him go longer than 4 hours!!  Which I know is not going to help me in the long run... I have not been instructed to wake him to feed him anymore and he has finally reached the 2nd percentile in weight.  Maybe I will have to give it a try.  Sleep is an amazing thing...

Do you find that they eat more frequently during the day when they sleep longer at night?

Not my guy. He eats every 2.5-3 hours during the day unless he's witching, then closer to 1.5-2 but that hasn't happened in a while.
  • Jealous. My lady is a month old this weekend and still eats every 2 to 3 hours. She has gone 3 1/2 hours max.
  • DS is 4 weeks old. Anyone else have their LO sleeping for 5 hours at night?  The past few nights the only time I hear him wake is to fart/poop but he seems to be skipping a feeding.  Normally he is passed out by 9 and will eat every 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours but now he's skipping the first night feeding after we put him to bed, then after that night feeding it's back to 3 hours.  I think I'm gonna start using my super stay dry diaper for when we put him to bed so he doesn't get uncomfortable
    My LO (2 weeks today) sleeps 5-7 hours one stretch at night. She eats on demand during the day, and i wake her up at the 2 hour mark if she hasn't gotten up on her own during the day. I make sure she is getting the 8-12 feeding a during the day to make up for the nighttime. The pediatrician wasn't concerned because she is gaining weight and peeing/pooping enough.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • egirl1025 said:
    Oh this sounds so nice.. I'm still so nervous about letting him go longer than 4 hours!!  Which I know is not going to help me in the long run... I have not been instructed to wake him to feed him anymore and he has finally reached the 2nd percentile in weight.  Maybe I will have to give it a try.  Sleep is an amazing thing...

Yes, Ds usually sleeps 930ish to 2, then 3 to 5, then 6 to 8. But during the day unless he takes a good nap he wants to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours
  • My LO is 6 days old and I am still waking him after 3 hours at night if he's not already up.  I'll talk to my pediatrician too but when can I let him go longer at night (if he's still sleeping)?
    Not trying to scare you but my LO did that too her first week they are just so sleepy. I thought I won the sleeping lottery after my DS (terrible sleeper) fast forward to her second week she started waking me. 
  • It seemed like my LO was getting a sleep pattern and yesterday and today she's been off. She was sleeping 1pm - 6pm so I had time to make dinner and possibly eat if I was on my game and then see was colicky from 7-9 and then back down by 10:00ish and slept till 4:30ish. The last two days I've been having a hard time getting her down for her after nap (can we call 5 hrs a nap, I would love a 5hr nap!) anyways now she's getting up from her nap around 10 and then being up for a bit and going back down at midnight but still getting up at 4:30ish the she goes back by 5:30 and is back up at 7. She's only 5 weeks old but I got so excited we had a possible schedule. She's my third so I should know better but I really miss having a schedule! Off to bed and I hope the LOs that aren't sleeping long stretches start soon and keep it up!
  • I jinxed myself too.  Now this little dude has been waking me early 2 hours but not because he's hungry.   He just grunts so damn much I really can't tell if/when he's awake and wants to eat.  Twice tonight I've gotten up to go feed him after waiting 10 min to see if the grunts stop and when I get there he's dead asleep.  It's like he knows when I'm getting out if bed.  Ugh so tired, and we have a three hour trip to take tomorrow.
  • Ugh. It's 2:20am and I'm wide awake because Ethan is restless in his crib. He is still for like 10 minutes and then starts moving and grunting. This has been going on for over an hour!  Meanwhile my husband is sound asleep next to me. Damnit!  Lol. 
  • I had DH do the midnight feeding and even though I was awake for part of it, it was nice not physically having to get up.  DH however has a bad habit of having the baby fall asleep in his chest or in bed with us.  Fine if one of us is awake, but not both!  I moved him to the cradle at 2am and my DH freaked out when baby wasn't where he left him.  I think there was about 4 hours between feeding.  I need to pump now though... not back to sleep.
  • I'm so tired but thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday and it's my day to kind of sleep in. My husband will get up at 8 and then I get to go back to sleep.
    I feel bad for my boys I really want to set up play dates but then I don't get to nap if that's the case. I just want sleep! We have 4 weeks till school starts and I'm worried I won't be able to get my butt out of bed.
  • Am I completely crazy for planning a road trip to Texas (we live in San Diego) with my son and husband???  Lol.  Ethan will be 6 weeks old when we go. My plan is to stop and spend the night in Arizona and then go from there to Texas (each leg is about 5 hours).  
    We're flying to Europe to intro the little girl to hubby's family when she'll be about 2 months.  Flights with layovers, then about 2.5-3 hour drive to our final destination....so I say go for it!

• @arteduc8 I'm shamelessly drinking a beer now while I breastfeed. I figure she will be done eating before it gets in to my system. Plus it relaxes me which makes feeding her easier. Win win.
    Go for it.  It's totally ok.  Your milk is the same alcohol content as your blood, so after one beer maybe 0.02 or 0.03 percent?  Way under one tenth of one percent.  Dr Jack Newman, probably the biggest BF expert in North America, says it's totally fine (obviously excluding drunkeness, which applies to bottle feeding mammas, or anyone else in charge of an infant, too:))
  • I jinxed myself too.  Now this little dude has been waking me early 2 hours but not because he's hungry.   He just grunts so damn much I really can't tell if/when he's awake and wants to eat.  Twice tonight I've gotten up to go feed him after waiting 10 min to see if the grunts stop and when I get there he's dead asleep.  It's like he knows when I'm getting out if bed.  Ugh so tired, and we have a three hour trip to take tomorrow.
    Ds does this too and can do it for like an hour before he finally wakes up. I swear he knows when I'm sitting up and when I lay back down lol. I can't tell if he's a baby or a very cute pig with all the grunting and snuffling he does haha. 
  • Why is pooping 2 weeks PP worse than pooping 2 days PP? Ugh! So ready to be totally healed!

Although I will take this compared to you sleep deprived mamas! Feeling for you :(
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Anybody else feel guilty for having your LO away from you at night.  I just had a conversation with a LC that I have to meet with on Monday and the topic of co-sleeping came up and when I mentioned DS was in his own room she started to push that he really should be in our room until 6months.  She kinda has me doubting my choices.  I want DS to have all the benefits of co-sleeping but at the same time DH and I need sleep and he is just so noisey in his sleep that it keeps us up.
  • Anybody else feel guilty for having your LO away from you at night.  I just had a conversation with a LC that I have to meet with on Monday and the topic of co-sleeping came up and when I mentioned DS was in his own room she started to push that he really should be in our room until 6months.  She kinda has me doubting my choices.  I want DS to have all the benefits of co-sleeping but at the same time DH and I need sleep and he is just so noisey in his sleep that it keeps us up.
    All three of my kids have thrived sleeping in their own rooms from day one. No regrets here. There are advantages to both ways, but I don't think there's a right and wrong. With most parenting decisions there will always be someone there to tell you to do it differently. 
    If you and you baby are happy, don't doubt yourself. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Don't let anyone make you feel guilty!! Seriously we need all the sleep when can get. Does she know how it is to sleep next to a baby warthog? No I don't think so. You are following back is best,breastfeeding and all you can just shake it off. 
  • ^What they said

Sleeping in her crib was always our plan from day one, but every time she made a noise the dogs barked, then heard themselves on the monitor and barked more. Having her in a bassinet in our room has worked out really well because she sleeps peacefully through the night. Plus our stroller came with a bassinet approved for over night sleeping so we didn't need to buy one. So what works for you and makes you both happy- as long as you're not neglecting baby or doing something that is obviously wrong (i.e. Feeding him Cheetos) you're fine!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20